Marriage & Motherhood

« Older   Newer »

1.     +3   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    GUUUUUUUUUUURL! Did y'all know that both she and her husband work from home? I would get very little done if I were in that situation.

Let's declare the keto trend is already past dead. I'm so sick of hearing about it on YT! I never ever hear anyone in my actual life talking about it.

2.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I’m not even sure Jia is really doing Keto. She is definitely eating clean and healthy and she looks great, but I saw a lot of things in her video that the 37 other channels I watch that went keto don’t ever eat. Maybe she’s the only one doing it right!

3.     Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (JennyAnn @ 22/6/2019, 23:47) 
    I’m not even sure Jia is really doing Keto. She is definitely eating clean and healthy and she looks great, but I saw a lot of things in her video that the 37 other channels I watch that went keto don’t ever eat. Maybe she’s the only one doing it right!

There are different "tiers" of Keto so that is probably why. The fact that she had the one cheat day a week is why she was never fully Keto. Now that she is doing clean Keto, she lost 6 pounds in a week. That's more of what she should be doing.

4.     +1   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I cannot watch another haul video from anyone right now (followed by another declutting video, right, Youtubers of the developed world?), let alone a haul from horrible no-good Walmart.

5.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I love Jia and I enjoyed the video, but she literally got nothing accomplished. 🤣

6.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    I just watched Jia's Sunday set up video and the top comment was this:

You're life would be sooooooooo much easier if you guys would pick up and straighten up as you go along. Once you get into that habit it is an absolute game changer!! 💕💞

It had a lot of likes on it and Jia has not responded to it or 'loved' it as she has on comments that came after it. I found that fairly interesting. Definitely someone just trying to be helpful and its also so true. So many areas of their house are just a mess and are like that all the time. She's got some area outside her kitchen that is maybe where they hang coats and bags? I can't even tell what it is but its always an eyesore. I couldn't live like that but I guess she's ok with it. She's trying to get it together but she's definitely not all the way there yet.

7.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    That comment is 1000% true. She decluttered that area for the coats and its back a mess. The shoes were all over the place and most where the adults. She admitted she threw all the kids artwork on the island. That's all them. Teach the girls to clean up before going to bed. There is no reason to go to bed with a messy house like that.

Regarding the artwork, she just needs to get a storage bin, collect it until they are done with camp for the summer, and then make them go through and only pick a few. Or just collect it and toss it when they start school. She makes it harder then it needs to be.

Also, no offense to her mom, but I'm not about to brine and season my chicken straight in my kitchen sink. No matter if I cleaned it before and bleached it after.

8.     Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Yes! I noticed that about the meat in the sink the last time they cooked, pretty gross.

9.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Sometimes Jia’s lack of food knowledge surprises me, in her Costco haul she was talking about buying apple juice that’s non GMO “but did you know that if something is organic it can still have GMOs in it?”

That tells me that she is buying food for the buzz words and not necessarily because she has done research on how food science works.

She also was not aware that you could freeze naan bread? To me that’s common sense.

10.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Or freeze Hawaiian rolls. That blew my mind. I think with Jia is buying the stuff with the "buzz" words because she can afford to, not necessarily because its healthier. Like, oh I buy this even though it's more expensive because it's better. Verses it actually being healthier.

11.     +7   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I had no idea until I started watching youtube that people who had dishwashers and time at home everyday to load and empty them, plenty of cupboard space, and children (who would theoretically cause them to be moreconcerned with the garbage heap this planet is becoming) would make a conscious decision to use disposable plates, utensils, and cups regularly. At home. In their massive, stocked kitchens. It's so infuriating to see.

12.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I hate paper plates! I raised 3 kids with no dishwasher and still wouldn’t use them.

I’m not some great conservationist or anything, I just hate them. 🤣

13.     Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (SexLiesAndWashiTape @ 26/6/2019, 09:26) 
    I had no idea until I started watching youtube that people who had dishwashers and time at home everyday to load and empty them, plenty of cupboard space, and children (who would theoretically cause them to be moreconcerned with the garbage heap this planet is becoming) would make a conscious decision to use disposable plates, utensils, and cups regularly. At home. In their massive, stocked kitchens. It's so infuriating to see.

I see this mentioned a lot here. And in the end I think people need to realize not everyone cares as much as them. It's the same with certain foods they buy. Not everyone is as concerned with buying the perfect healthy snacks for their kids. It always seems kind of silly to me to worry and berate the next person when you have no control over what they do.

14.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Yep. I find it hard to believe that no one who posts here feeds their kids pop tarts or goldfish. As soon as a YTer shows it in a haul it’s mentioned here a hundred times.

My kids didn’t like pop tarts so I got lucky there. They ate goldfish like crazy, though. I even let the youngest eat the dreaded Taki’s!

15.     +3   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Aside from the environmental ruin (I am no environmentalist but I am conscious of this kind of waste), there's also the hassle and extra cost of buying all those disposable plates, bowls, cups, utensils, the hassle of trying to find a place to store them in the house, the hassle of creating extra trash (and having to take that trash out to the bin), and honestly it's plain old depressing to use a paper plate and a shitty plastic fork when you have perfectly good (and more pleasing to the eyes, makes the meal more enjoyable) real plates and silverware to use.

But this is a woman who brines her chicken directly in the kitchen sink, so I wouldn't expect much in the way of common sense, like using your actual kitchenware and not buying disposables. :dunno:

1456 replies since 21/6/2019, 23:53   173128 views