Anonymous
    Here you go!

2.     +4   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I agree with the poster who said her content has dropped since quitting her job. I still like and enjoy watching her videos though. She's much like Jen Chapin for me. There are little things but nothing unbearable.

I like that she admitted to slacking due to feeling as though she has all the time in the world to do things now. Her Sunday setups just aren't the same. Probably due to summer for the girls as well. I do wonder how else she is generating income since she doesn't do sponsorships much if at all and her videos haven't picked up.

3.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I’m glad she stopped using the phrase “decision fatigue”.

Also, her decluttering frustrates me.

And, her house is beautiful, but not decorated. When I first started watching I thought they had just moved in.

She seems like a really fun, normal person with a great family.

4.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I agree. Decision fatigue was her excuse for hoarding. I also dislike how she declutters. She doesn't fully do it. And it's right back to being messy shortly after. Her kitchen island is the worst everytime. She needs to create the habit to clean it every night.

5.     Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    It's interesting to see this transition to being home all day. I was really surprised to see her quit her job, as I had just started watching her just for the Sunday Setup. I mostly enjoy them still but they're a lil rambly and directionless and random for me. I'm not a big Vlog person, though, and I'm totally reaching peak annoyance with all the Keto stuff EVERYYYYYWHERRRRRE so I'm sure that's why.

It does seem like she never declutters enough. Although, I definitely have the same problem.

6.     Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Overall I like Jia quite a lot. Like OGBluel said, she's a lot like Jen Chapin for me. I like both of them but there are things both of them do that I find annoying. Jia's house always looks like a bomb went off to me. I think she's probably just a very messy person. She tries to fight it but her nature is clutter and mess. The video from the other day when she went through the girl's clothes...that closet is the stuff of my nightmares. I think it was books? Just a complete cluster F of a mess in there. I do like that she doesn't try to hide it but my god so much of her house seems to just be a constant disaster area.

Also, I think Jia is probably exactly the sort of person that would have a very hard time working from home. Kind of goes along with the messes really, not super organized or on task. I am assuming her business consists of much more than YouTube, maybe her courses and her coaching and all that?

7.     Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Yeah maybe she's still enjoying the money from her recent course. But if I were going to quit my job, I'd have a plan for upping the online content. I haven't heard her speak about this though. Maybe she's still figuring it out.

8.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Did she have much content before?

I’m fairly new to her.

Seems like it was just Sunday Set Up, Debt Free Friday, and Costco trips.

9.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    The Keto thing has been content for the last year. As well as this declutter series she started. She was just more regular with posting and the videos were longer and had direction. The Sunday setups are just whatever now. I guess since she doesn't have a traditional work week now and the girls are not in school there isn't much to "setup."

10.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    She lost a bit of authenticity to me when she quit her job. I’m not hating on her, just stating that as an opinion of mine. Everyone has to do what’s right for their family. I also feel like much of her success had to do with keto. I can’t wait til that trend on YouTube is over with!

11.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (HappilyInHerApron @ 22/6/2019, 15:59) 
    She lost a bit of authenticity to me when she quit her job. I’m not hating on her, just stating that as an opinion of mine. Everyone has to do what’s right for their family. I also feel like much of her success had to do with keto. I can’t wait til that trend on YouTube is over with!

Amen!!!

I’m not sure why people can’t eat keto without becoming keto.

12.     +4   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I love Jia, but I've not watched much since she left her job. It's just not as relatable for me anymore.

13.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I loved hearing her say" Sunday Setup Time" but now it's just meh! :embarrassed-smile-smiley-emotic

14.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    It does bother me when she says “I suffer from decision fatigue”

Like it’s a legit affliction. No, you suffer from something like depression or bipolar disorder. Not decision fatigue.

15.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    She suffers from hoarding. Maybe she grew up poor and thats the root issue but that's what it is. If you have the, "I may need it one day," mindset you're a hoarder.

1456 replies since 21/6/2019, 23:53   173074 views