« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (#Lily @ 26/6/2019, 13:08) 
    Aside from the environmental ruin (I am no environmentalist but I am conscious of this kind of waste), there's also the hassle and extra cost of buying all those disposable plates, bowls, cups, utensils, the hassle of trying to find a place to store them in the house, the hassle of creating extra trash (and having to take that trash out to the bin), and honestly it's plain old depressing to use a paper plate and a shitty plastic fork when you have perfectly good (and more pleasing to the eyes, makes the meal more enjoyable) real plates and silverware to use.

But this is a woman who brines her chicken directly in the kitchen sink, so I wouldn't expect much in the way of common sense, like using your actual kitchenware and not buying disposables. :dunno:

It's not extra hassle to buy or store those things then normal. Especially for someone like Jia who has the means to purchase and the room to store. They also clearly don't use it for every meal so it can't add that much extra trash.

Again all that is personal preference. I personally don't enjoy my meals any less or see them as less eye pleasing just because of what type of plate they are served on. It also doesn't make it depressing. 🤷‍♀️ That's a real stretch. Maybe it does to you but not everyone. Not everyone enjoys doing dishes and prefers the convenience of the paper/styrofoam plates.

2.     +6   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I HATE the paper plate overusage and Jia is a huge offender. I totally get it with kids or at parties, but for a regular lunchtime meal when you're working from home? That is the height of laziness, IMO. Does she drink everything out of a red Solo cup too??

Then again Jia has said that she washes all her dishes before putting them in the dishwasher, which I don't understand either. I will rinse off dishes, but I don't fully wash them, and I have a super old semi-crappy dishwasher. So she's not lazy, just using her labor inefficiently.

3.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I don’t believe I have ever seen her eat off a regular plate. She even served her husband father’s day breakfast on a paper plate.

4.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    She posted an Instagram picture on June 17 of a salad in a regular bowl. She's posted in stories of food on regular plates.

5.     +2   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group
    Transitioning to shrimp because I still can't bare to look at it (aka land creatures).

Status
    Anonymous
    Chiming in on the paper plate hate too. We use them when we visit certain family members because there are a lot of us visiting semi-reunion style and it's easier when there's a big group of us. I would never even think to use them for everyday life use. How miserable. ITA about enjoying a meal better when it's served on an actual plate with actual silverware. I like my plate to hold up and not have to worry about cutting through it :snickering:

6.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I would never judge someone for using paper plates, to each their own, but I personally don’t like them.

I will admit that recently we had a party and some leftover decorative cake plates. It was nice for the teenager to be able to take them upstairs with a snack.

7.     Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    I want to like her videos, I really do, but clutter makes me insane. I'll click on a declutter video (I love that $hit) but her after still looks worse than a before at our house. I can't get how banged up her furniture and cabinets are either. Even after cleaning, it looks dirty.

The "decision fatigue" makes me INSANE. She's using that as an excuse.

8.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (mamaloca17 @ 28/6/2019, 04:33) 
    I want to like her videos, I really do, but clutter makes me insane. I'll click on a declutter video (I love that $hit) but her after still looks worse than a before at our house. I can't get how banged up her furniture and cabinets are either. Even after cleaning, it looks dirty.

I did love how her husband called her out on it in a Costco video.

9.     +1   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (JennyAnn @ 6/28/2019, 04:48 AM) 
    QUOTE (mamaloca17 @ 28/6/2019, 04:33) 

What did he say? I don't think I saw/heard it!

10. ApronOfDenial

User deleted

QUOTE (mamaloca17 @ 28/6/2019, 07:08) 
    QUOTE (JennyAnn @ 6/28/2019, 04:48 AM) 

What did he say? I don't think I saw/heard it!

I rewatched it and didn't hear her husband say anything. I don't even think he was there

11.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    It’s an old one. When I have time I’ll try and find it.

She’s trying to decide on something and she kind of starts to defend her taking so long. He sort of rolls his eyes and says “I know, decision fatigue.” She laughs.

12.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Personally I am sick of all the keto bullshit. I will probably stop watching her videos soon if she doesn’t stop trying to cash in off that crap.

13.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    So, I had realized this before but with each "Sunday Setup" video, I notice it more and more. She doesn't actually complete anything anymore since quitting her job. She doesn't "set" anything up for the week. It has definitely got way more lax since she quit. Maybe it will get better once the kids are back in school but right now it shouldn't even be called Sunday Setup.

Also, the way she half cleans stuff would frustrate me if I lived in that house. She never truly cleans the island. Why have papers and all that there if she has an office? Makes no sense.

14.     +1   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Yeah that was no Sunday setup yesterday. She didn’t do anything at all. Talking, driving, Walgreens shop with me, pointing at a suitcase.

I agree that the Sunday Setups are far less motivational than they used to be. Hopefully that will change when random summer schedule is over and girls go back to school.

15.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I was very frustrated with her Sunday setup video this week. 10 minutes of hemming and hawing over items in the drugstore then she buys 2 things? I like jia but her lack of decision making annoys me to no end. How can you title your video a Walgreens haul and buy 2 things 😂

1456 replies since 21/6/2019, 23:53   173129 views