Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Oh, this will be interesting.

3. Cinderella
        +1   Like  

User deleted

I sort of like her and sort of don’t. She seems to be good at decorating if a little plain. But I suppose that goes with being a Mennonite. What I don’t like is she comes across as judgy at times. Plus I got from her previous videos they don’t immunize. I don’t agree with that. She can get preachy sometimes and acts like she’s holier than thou. Especially when she is with her girlfriends. I also get the feeling that with all the travel she takes she doesn’t take
    Covid seriously.

4.     +15   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I am in PA, and can say I live around Mennonite and Amish, they never stopped living as they always did/do, during all of COVID. I have nothing bad to say about them, or how they addressed COVID. Very few got ill. I have not heard of any that died from COVID, not to say no one did!

I must also say, when other grocery stores were empty any Mennonite owned stores were fully stocked. Maybe not brands you usually see, but NOTHING was empty the entire time. They are forward thinkers and have massive warehouses fully stocked for disaster relief. We saw the news coverage of empty store shelves and said, wow where??
    When the stockyard stopped taking the beef, the local butchers worked long hours processing as much as they could When the local poultry plants had workers walk out the farmers went in ran the processing equipment. We have Free Bird and Bell & Evens in this area. The churchs then went together and did huge bar-be-que chicken events, you could donate money if you wanted, but otherwise it was free. Why let food go to waste? A potato chip plant had COVID go through so they gave the potato's away, vs destroying them or letting them rot in the field.

The local Mennonite, Church of the Brethren, Brethren in Christ all got together and kept on trucking. There is a huge cold storage unit they kept filled all during COVID. Note the date of this video, March 2020. One example of everyone working to keep our area well fed. We have a truck dealership, repair garage and our guys worked more hours than ever during COVID as did my mid 60's husband. Trucks were rolling and they had to keep them going.
    Some examples of what went on in my region . . . nothing to do with Lynette, but to show how the Mennonites tend to address things.

At the :15 mark a truck is pulling out of the cold storage, you can see the others sitting ready to pull out too. Some have lights on. At the :34 mark the guy who does the filming goes to another truck, rolling down Rt 30. You can skip ahead at that point, (if you have any interest) to the 3:00 mark, two guys rolling into the cold storage, others pulling out. At the 4:11 mark the retro purple truck rolling out Shilling Trucking, we know the guy. Hop off at the 4:22 mark and go to 6:54 mark, more Mennonite Disaster relief rolling into central PA- heading to the dry storage warehouses. Hop to the 8:00 mark, the second truck has Jesus on the passenger side of the sleeper cab, the light just catches it as he makes the turn.
    Around here, we say the louder they have that Jake brake (an engine brake) set, the more chrome and lights, the more Mennonite or modern Amish they are! And, boy is that ever true!

I guess they have their ways, and often do seem to judge, but at the same time are the first to step up, dig in deep and get things done, vs sit back and wait for handouts or federal aid. End of my sermon!

5. Cinderella
        +9   Like  

User deleted

I specifically don’t like them because the ones around my area run a lot of puppy mills, and they don’t vaccinate. The ones around me also don’t want to “partake” in English customs or laws yet have cell phones and their kids have to be bused to a special school with our public school system buses. I don’t want to generalize about all of them, but anyone who would shun their own kids for not living as they were brought up to, don’t get any respect from me. I’ve noticed that Anyone who thinks for themselves (in the local sects here) is therefore a threat to the community.
    If you don’t toe the line with them, they are very judgmental. I’ve also heard and read about alot of abuse being covered up by the ones around here.
    I’m sure they are hard workers, but I know alot of regular folks in my community who stepped up and helped during the pandemic and worked their butts off too. I just can’t get behind any of these fundamental sects who hide abuse. And again, the puppy Mills are horrible. JMO.

Not saying this applies to Lynette specifically, but she does come across as very judgmental sometimes and has an attitude that because she is Mennonite she’s better than others. Again, JMO.

6.     +7   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    In my area the puppy mills are Amish owned and they tend to be the ones to not partake in the "English ways". I must agree, anyone who is part of that is as evil as the devil, and no matter how many hours they sit in church, that sort of evil is noted by the laws of the land and their creator. I live about a mile and a half (as the bird flies) from a puppy mill, that was high on the list of 100 worst in the USA. I fully understand grasp the horrors you speak of.

We do not practice the Mennonite faith, but I have many in my family who do, as well as my husbands family. I cannot say I feel a high level of judgement from any of them. I do know the various sects have different standards, maybe my area is more lax. Who knows.

7.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Speaking of Lynette, she and Hannah's Happy Home seem similar. Hannah has re-homed her dog! :being-confused-smiley-emoticon: Not sure why, I was sure they were a perfect fit! Guess it goes to show how hypocritical life can seem with these "YTers".

8. Cinderella
        +3   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (UhOh @ 13/11/2021, 18:09) 
    Speaking of Lynette, she and Hannah's Happy Home seem similar. Hannah has re-homed her dog! :being-confused-smiley-emoticon: Not sure why, I was sure they were a perfect fit! Guess it goes to show how hypocritical life can seem with these "YTers".

I hope the dog went to a better home. I haven’t been able to watch Hannah in awhile. Comes across as so judgmental and holier than thou.

9.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status

I used to really like Lynette, then she turned into Hannah with every single video is sponsored and I lost interest. I do think Lynette is talented as far her decorating style and the business she and her husband have with flipping houses, and getting peoples houses refreshed and furnished. They seem to be very hard working people.

10.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Cinderella @ 11/13/2021, 06:30 PM) 

I hope the dog went to a better home. I haven’t been able to watch Hannah in awhile. Comes across as so judgmental and holier than thou.

For me, it's her cold monotone voiceovers. "HelloeveryonewelcometoHannahsHappyHomesointodaysvideo...." it's all run in together. She has no emotion! She smirks alot, too. Her husband could have a dead serious look while she's giggling about something. I do believe it's all for show. Nobody smiles that much! And again, another husband who no longer works at a real job.

Is there a thread here for Hannah? I don't want to derail too much.... sorry! lol

11. HelloFriends
        +2   Like  

User deleted

Haven't watched her in ages. Not sure if it's because she is a young woman acting like she knows it all, or if she's just not that interesting. There are aspects of Hannah I like(d) and Lynette as well. Just kind of too much for my taste. Having saying that, I live a simple life myself. Ironic to put off things like *sigh* pants or styled hair and yet film yourself all the time, lol!

12. Cinderella

User deleted

QUOTE (UhOh @ 14/11/2021, 01:51) 

For me, it's her cold monotone voiceovers. "HelloeveryonewelcometoHannahsHappyHomesointodaysvideo...." it's all run in together. She has no emotion! She smirks alot, too. Her husband could have a dead serious look while she's giggling about something. I do believe it's all for show. Nobody smiles that much! And again, another husband who no longer works at a real job.

Is there a thread here for Hannah? I don't want to derail too much.... sorry! lol

I asked for one but not sure if it’s been created yet or not.

13. Cinderella
        +1   Like  

User deleted

Newest video was a snooze fest. I just don’t get these women who have to show their shopping hauls. Not very interested in what they buy. Would rather watch her decorate one of her flip houses (not a fan of always decorating like Joanna gaines), because overall she does a good job. Don’t care to see her kids either. I just can’t get over how self important these women must feel and think that anyone cares what they buy on a daily
    Basis. Different and unique things maybe-or different shops-but it’s always the same old thing. And this was one boring video.

14.     +3   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    It bothers me how much she favors the girl. It seems the boys seem to irritate her most of the time.

15.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    There is now a Hannah’s Happy Home thread!

529 replies since 11/11/2021, 22:05   80076 views