Burnt Toast

« Older   Newer »

1.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I hate Temu hauls and I can't stand the general grifting nature of every channel now. And they won't acknowledge that they're buying cheap junk just to buy it and film for content. They would not be buying that stuff if they weren't making money on YT. I ordered once from Temu because I was curious. The two shirts I bought were garbage and ill-fitting. The small kitchen organizers were ok, but certainly not worth making a video about.

Oh and don't get me started on the affiliate links and sponsorships for products that do not match the tone of their channel. No, I will not use your affiliate link to buy a basic kitchen gadget at Walmart. Some of the smaller channels I previously enjoyed, one in particular, has constant clickable bubbles at the bottom of the video where you can click through an affiliate link for Amazon, Walmart, or somewhere else. It's so annoying.

I find myself watching less and less YT now and finding entertainment elsewhere. Sorry about the rant :P

2.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Not to hijack the thread but I can’t post a thread myself. Why?
    Also how can we contact an admin? We need a new thread cuz ours has gotten too long.

3.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Mods have to post a new thread. Tag a mod in the thread or ask for a new one in the Suggestions thread.

4.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Got a new van this week and 4 days owning the van someone does a hit and run on my front fender at the doctor's office. The scratch is so deep you see the metal to the van 😡🤬 so I have to get it fixed. It took me a YEAR to talk my husband into buying me a new van and now he is saying he wished he didn't because my other van that we still have doesn't have a payment. I'm so upset it's the nicest vehicle I EVER owned.

IMG_20240427_121826686_HDR_AE

5.     +2   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    That’s awful! I’m sorry, Pays :(

6.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (ID**’tEatSugar @ 28/4/2024, 19:32) 
    That’s awful! I’m sorry, Pays :(

Thanks, the police are reviewing cameras tonight at the doctor's office. I hope they see who did this.

7.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    So, the other day I got off of work and my coworker was near my car with a friend. The friend's truck was parked behind my car so I had to wait for him to move it and he was hitting on me big time. I could tell he wanted to get my number. I felt uncomfortable but I played friendly and eventually was able to drive away.

Today, same situation. My coworker was near my car with her friend. This time he had roses, nice roses, for ME. I was shocked. His truck was parked behind my car so I couldn't just leave. I felt trapped again like the first day he was there. He had roses with a card for me, saying that I seem like such a a good woman yadda yadda and asked me to go out with him. Did I say I felt trapped and obligated? I didn't even give him my number, I told him we could go for lunch Saturday (ugh obligated) and had him write his number on the card.

Idk what to do... I don't know this guy at all. I literally know nothing about him, barely even his first name and he drives a grey truck, that's it. I mean, I am friendly with my coworker but how much do I even know her? He knows where I work and has made a grand gesture in the hopes I will go in a date with him... The truth is, I am getting over heartbreak right now and feel in NO position to be dating anybody. I even told him that but he wouldn't take that as the answer.

You guys, I feel so uncomfortable. What would you do?

8.     +6   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Making myself feel better by spewing negativity

Status
    Anonymous
    Yeah, that's creepy. Don't feel obligated to show up or even to tell him you're not interested. I would tell your coworker how off-putting this is and involve HR if you need to. Your coworker should know better.

9.     +5   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    OMG this is totally creepy, be careful he seems very pushy, not taking no for an answer and the fact he blocked you in. 🙄 These type of guys will push you to do even more things you're uncomfortable with.

10.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Yeah, I agree with you both and thanks for confirming! I mean, he could have just expressed interest to my coworker and asked for her to relay his number. That would seem more natural. (And I would have ignored it!) But this is like a $100 bouquet. For a stranger. And he kept making very forward jokes.

At this point I just don't really know what to do. I already agreed to go out for lunch with him because I was so on the spot. But I really don't want to. If I ignore him, I'm kind of afraid he will keep showing up at my work or try to mess with my car in retaliation.

11.     +4   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    I think you look like you’re coming down with something. Too bad you’ll have to take a rain check on that date.

Blocking your car in intentionally is next level creepy. I wouldn’t be bothered by the rest if he hadn’t done that.

12.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    It's actually a little alleyway we have to park in so I don't think he intentionally blocked me. But it did contribute to me feeling trapped.

13.     +4   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Well that is a positive.
    My husbands question… but is he hot 😂
    Are we talking Ryan Gosling (or insert hall pass of choice here)
    He says if he is average it’s creepy if he is hot it’s great

I’m …not sure I agree with this wild man theory lol

14.     +2   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    The scheduled lunch is still a full day away. Cancel it without a hint of rescheduling it. Your gut is telling you something for a reason!

15.     +3   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    That is SO weird and creepy! I would definitely tell your coworker you felt cornered and uncomfortable.

163 replies since 1/7/2022, 02:28   4943 views