Linda Vater

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Chance86_ @ 10/2/2023, 20:34) 
    Thank you for fulfilling the request. I have a feeling this thread won’t be very active and my apologies if it takes up Bakery real estate. But this woman is just exhausting.

I want to like her channel. I really loved her older home and I’ll follow along with the new owner’s YouTube channel…if I can find it! Linda linked everything under the sun except her “friend’s” YouTube channel. I also love that she enjoys thrifting.

She has an extensive vocabulary but her narcissistic personality gets in the way of what could really be an excellent channel. She has this arrogant manner about her and is so bossy toward Stuart. I’ve never seen anything like it. Who even is Stuart? Some local gay who she hired to be her personal assistant and YouTube channel manager? I’m confused.

The videos are also way too long because she never shuts up. She loves the sound of her voice and using all of her vocabulary words for emphasis. She would be a nightmare as a mother in law.

The new cottage is cute but I’m not sure I will be watching very often. I never really did to begin with for all of the reasons stated above.

I watched her a while back. She's so long winded and sounds like a QVC infomercial.
    Going to catch up.

2.     +1   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    She loves to talk and throw in big words. Tends to glorify and promote everything like it’s fabulous. Her wacky hair and outfits are “different”. Latest videos she’s wearing some crazy striped blouse with a long ridiculous bow tie below the waist in front and puffs out in the back. Wide leg loose jeans ending way before the ankle and childish pink rubber boots. In video, you see all the landscape workers in her yard probably looking at her in this outfit and rambling on with her expressive words, can imagine what they’re thinking. Husband seems to stay away.

Think she way overpaid for this small house and the company that flipped it made a quick fortune over her by just doing some quick remodels of small kitchen, and baths maybe. It’s the smallest house on busy corner hilly lot. Should have been half the price she paid based on comps in the area. Will soon be the most cluttered landscape. Best part is hearing Stewart’s sweet humble voice when he’s allowed to speak. But sad when she’s talking so superior to him.

3.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Her videos are way too long.
    Her patio looks terrible, the bench was enough if you want to sit out front.
    I can't watch it all, too long.

I like her casual style, but sometimes she tries too hard. I don't care for her low rise jeans, now into wide pants.

I also like the casual style of her decor and collected items.

Can't quite figure out her flat bangs.

She just talks too much and goes on and on.

Imo, she films too much and talks way too much. It's all random with no plan or structure.

And she's always selling something.

4.     +2   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Her videos are long because she’s kind of full of herself and long winded when she talks. Very ugly patio high on a corner for everyone to see. She thrifts a lot of her stuff and seldom seems to pay much for anything except overpaying for this house and all the over the top landscaping. She does just wing it with shooting most videos without a plan just walking around and enjoying hearing herself talk and come up with big words.

5.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Teagirl @ 24/3/2023, 13:33) 
    Her videos are long because she’s kind of full of herself and long winded when she talks. Very ugly patio high on a corner for everyone to see. She thrifts a lot of her stuff and seldom seems to pay much for anything except overpaying for this house and all the over the top landscaping. She does just wing it with shooting most videos without a plan just walking around and enjoying hearing herself talk and come up with big words.

How much did she pay? And where?

6.     +1   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I don’t remember exactly and am too lazy to look it up but she sold her old house in the mid 700’s and purchased this one in the mid 600’s.

7.     +1   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    That's a lot to pay for such a small home on a busy corner. Most larger homes go for not even half that. The flippers only had the house a short time, and remodeled basically the small kitchen (what little counter space there is used up), and 2 baths. Flippers took away a charming porch on the front corner just to make an ensuite bathroom off her bedroom. She keeps the blinds to the large window in bathroom raised most of the time, and you can see the large curved faucet and tub in front of this window. She also has to remember to close the blinds each time she uses the bathroom, and remember to close bathroom door because you can see through this big window into her bedroom with the unmade bed. She used these big words in her last video: ubiquitous, fastidious, and piddle (which means to urinate and likely the wrong word she wanted to use). She's also now getting caught up using all these grand words and confusing her old house she tries to call "Storybook house" and new house "Fairytale cottage" and mixing up the adjectives, and sometimes calling the new house "Storybook cottage" or "cottage on the hill", and old house "Fairytale house". Wonder how good she is at scrabble.

8.     +3   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Interesting that Sydney Dorman who bought Linda’s house is doing so much renovation to the property including installing proper drainage along driveway, new fencing, having professional arborists come out to inspect and treat trees on property. All things Linda never did except run her mouth using big words and overdoing it on plants. It kind of made you not notice all the things she was neglecting that Sydney now is correcting. Sydney is more conscious of things, and so much more down to earth and it’s doesn’t talk like it’s all about me, me, me as Linda did.

Love Sydney’s Youtube channel which is the so refreshing seeing the same property Linda used to blab on and on about in a self focused way and you couldn’t ask for a person less obsessed with herself than Sydney.

Sydney talks about the theory and the knowledge of doing things gardening. Linda loved hearing herself talk and using big words and talking in a grand way.

Linda was all smoke and mirrors planting all kinds of things and now it’s being shown all the things she didn’t fix or repair and just covered it up with gardening.

9.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I looked at the Dorman channel, I didn't know she bought the Vater home.
    I don't care for her decor at all. I always felt the garden was too busy.

10.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    IMO, that sectional looks ridiculous in the yard.

11.     +1   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I looked at Sydney’s channel. Wow! Linda seems like she let quite a few things go while building her channel. Seems like a lot of critical repairs were needed from electrical to fridge to stove. Big ticket items. I can’t say I like Sydney’s style…kind of junky but I guess at least she is making in her own. The sectional in the backyard looks dumb and I have to admit that I can’t believe they removed the potager garden. I thought it was very charming. I am glad they replaced that old rotten fence though. I always wondered why Linda didn’t do that. She always has “billed” herself as having money. Maybe she didn’t really have as much as it appeared for home repairs. I think she got all the new plants for her new cottage from sponsors.

12.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I didn't know this channel existed! I can't stand that loud mouthed, know-it-all bitch who thinks she is better than everyone! She drones on and on about things that are trivial! Wonder how Stewart can stomach being around her so much?

13.     +1   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I used to watch and enjoy her channel until her following started getting bigger and bigger and it seemed so did her ego. I did love the whole back yard of her old house (didn't know til catching up here that they moved)

14.     +1   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Linda was trying to distract her audience using all those long sentences with big words to glorify things. So we never notice or knew about all the things she neglected that Sydney is spending major money to correct. Linda kept patting herself on the back giving herself credit saying she was such a “good Stewart” for taking such good care of this property. Thank goodness Sydney does none of this self praise of herself like Linda does nonstop.

You seldom noticed the old mismatch fence she never replaced or drainage along driveway she ignored and never fixed. She just piled things up with plants many of which she gets sponsored by Southern Living. For the longest time she had very low subscribers on YouTube maybe 27k.

Can’t say I like Sydney’s style either but love her personality and how down to earth she is. Sydney helped Linda’s channel by giving her content yet Linda charged her a whopping $750k for the house which needed a lot of work. Sydney has to fix the plumbing, redo the kitchen, as well as fixing everything outside including hiring arborist to inspect the trees and landscape something Linda never bothered to do as she ran her mouth.

Linda does promote herself like she has money and is acts like she’s a part of Oklahoma elite. But Sydney likely has more money but doesn’t brag at all about it.

In Linda’s latest videos there’s a big sign on the front yard saying the garden is sponsored by Southern Living and to watch Linda’s YouTube channel with the link. Wonder how long before Housing Preservation Society finds out about that since Linda acts like they’re so strict. She does have a big ego and loves to go on and on to make everything seem magnificent.

Stewart has a lot of patience to put up with her but he’s contracted through Southern Living even though she’s she makes it seem like he works for her.

15.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Not a fan of either.

317 replies since 7/2/2023, 00:47   45788 views