My Great Challenge

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (heyheyheynow @ 4/25/2024, 07:30 PM) 
    Oh, the irony of Sophia shilling her vintage street finds as "people don't want stuff made cheaply overseas, they want vintage". Not only because Sophia has absolutely no idea what is actually currently trendy in home decor, but her last video was entirely cheap crap from overseas aka Temu!

She's so full of merde!

She shills with the wind. Anything to make money. I guess she wasn't smart enough to think about what she's saying since the previous video was shilling cheap overseas made crap.

:fist-shake:

2.     Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    She is clearly clueless about flowers...that hideous chamber pot does not have bougainvillea flowers...clearly they are lilacs and clearly it is fugly.

3.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I love lilacs; they are in bloom here (almost maybe a few more days) but I guess on a chamber pot they might not be so fetching. We've had two nights in a row of below-freezing (!) but so far the lilac buds seem to hold up it warms up during the day to 50s. Brrr. But by this weekend it will be 70 again.
    Dang, she's greedy.

4.     +2   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    “This is what happens when you put yourself first; everything falls behind.” No ma’am! That comment makes me sad.
    I really wish she could stop bringing so much stuff into their home. The trash finds, the thrift finds, the gifts from subscribers. Her home really could be beautiful and is historic but it just needs some space to BREATHE but there’s so much STUFF everywhere.
    I do wonder how much money she actually brings in with Etsy and Marketplace. Has that ever been established? Like per hour, taking into account how much time she spends going to the thrift store and the trash, how much is she actually making? I can’t imagine it’s enough to offset projects like the kitchen corner, sewing fabrics, Temu hauls, etc.
    I have to park my car outside currently and I so wish we had a garage to park our cars, but her garage is so full of junk that their nice vehicle is just sitting outside in New Jersey weather 🥲
    How many times is this garage going to get cleaned out?

5.     +2   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    At this point it's an endless cycle of BS with Sophia. Hamster wheel which is why she doesn't gets very few views and her subscriber count has not increased.

I guess her Patreon subscriber count holds pretty steady but who wants to know her family history...and all those check-ins and week in reviews. How much can a person do every single week to keep a person's interest.

I'm very curious as well about the money she makes with the Etsy and Marketplace. I think she does pretty okay on Etsy but she totally inflates the prices of all that crap but those peeps still purchase it.

6.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Chalky @ 5/1/2024, 08:31 AM) 
    At this point it's an endless cycle of BS with Sophia. Hamster wheel which is why she doesn't gets very few views and her subscriber count has not increased.

I guess her Patreon subscriber count holds pretty steady but who wants to know her family history...and all those check-ins and week in reviews. How much can a person do every single week to keep a person's interest.

I'm very curious as well about the money she makes with the Etsy and Marketplace. I think she does pretty okay on Etsy but she totally inflates the prices of all that crap but those peeps still purchase it.

I used to admire her hustle, and I still do but to a lesser extent. Lesser because it seems to be fueled so much by acquiring junk. She's the docent of her "vintage finds" so that fills some need. I know she wrote off everything to do with that processing room next to the boiler. Everything. Do I know it for a fact? No, I just know it's true. Scott's doing all her animations for her videos so she's got him as an "employee".

7.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    For someone whose actions would indicate she love to "hussle"...she complains enough about it!

8.     +3   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Just watched the garage clean-out. She keeps going on and on about all the haters. It already has 170 comments. I have not literally read every one but it does not seem as if she has any haters. None. In fact, they are all effusive. I'm convinced that when she talks about "haters" she's talking about the comments on THIS site. Intriguing since we aren't even addressing her with our comments.

9.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I've wondered in the past about her "hate" comments...because I never saw any .... and she claimed she had to delete them before anyone could see them? I think too much of the time too many YTers think anyone who dares to disagree in any way is a hater...so I'm actually interested to read thru some comments and see what they actually are like.

10.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I had to do a double take because I thought she said gonad jewelry LOL

Also at the end she said keep "snarking" on her, which just really sounds like all her perception of negative comments is snarking in here.

11.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (CrankyPantsApparently @ 5/1/2024, 05:13 PM) 
    For someone whose actions would indicate she love to "hussle"...she complains enough about it!

I didn't think of her as "loving to hustle" necessarily. Maybe. She just seems to be in a cycle. It might give her more satisfaction than her 9 to 5, which I've always felt she resented. At least after the era when she built those bookcases in the home office when she was laid off from her higher-titled and better-paying job.

QUOTE (CrankyPantsApparently @ 5/1/2024, 10:15 PM) 
    I had to do a double take because I thought she said gonad jewelry LOL

Also at the end she said keep "snarking" on her, which just really sounds like all her perception of negative comments is snarking in here.

I haven't been watching lately. What did she say that sounded like "gonad" jewelry? Too funny. Gonad is a synonym for "family jewels" so it tracks. Her new vintage (oxymoron) 'nad jewelry line?

QUOTE (CrankyPantsApparently @ 5/1/2024, 10:05 PM) 
    I've wondered in the past about her "hate" comments...because I never saw any .... and she claimed she had to delete them before anyone could see them? I think too much of the time too many YTers think anyone who dares to disagree in any way is a hater...so I'm actually interested to read thru some comments and see what they actually are like.

I picture her at her 9-to-5 constantly checking her phone and deleting. Or she has Scott do it. Or some combination.

12.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I have no idea what jewelry brand she was actually saying...her next two videos are sponsored - each by a different jewelry company.

I'll have to wait with baited breath to discover which one of them sounds like "gonad" to me....LOL

13.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (ArtDrecko @ 19/3/2024, 19:19) 
    So fugly. The ridiculous plant tail on the cat, I can't. The other one is just fussy and out of style. The cat is beyond tacky. She says everyone in her office wants the cat. If they weren't just being polite, maybe she found her tribe. At least as far as taste goes.

fugly

This cat plant pot just popped up on my Facebook feed - from Temu no less!!

14.     Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    lol gonad jewelry. She’s going to show herself getting it all done but she does this all the time and it never really gets done :sneaky_smiley_emoticon:

15.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (CrankyPantsApparently @ 5/1/2024, 10:15 PM) 

I know she thinks that casually mentioning the "haterzzz" shows how much she isn't bothered by it, but in reality, letting it take up so much space in her mind that she repeatedly talks about it shows that negative comments and this site actually really upset her.

Piece of advice for you, Sophie. Stop coming here. Delete the link.

485 replies since 25/1/2024, 20:16   22025 views