« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Mysterygal @ 15/3/2024, 06:29) 
    I'm not a fan of sex scenes in books or movies. They just seem unnecessary to me. Especially if they have teenagers in them. Eww.

Omg I know right!!
    I saw some author upset that these books don't have a place on the market and that it's not fair. I unfollowed.

QUOTE (VeganLeather @ 15/3/2024, 17:33) 
    I volunteer at a thrift store and I'm constantly moving adult fiction out of the YA section. Just because there's a cartoon on the cover doesn't mean it's a YA book!

Do you have a NA section? It seems like the 2 get lumped together a lot.

QUOTE (HomeInTheZoo @ 15/3/2024, 15:26) 
    I hated Icebreaker. The characters were ridiculous. FMC was so annoying and the MMC gave me the ick with the way he talked to her. :sick:

I read the first few chapters and skimmed the rest. Nothing interesting happened.

I finished it, and the person who recommended me offered me the sequel.... I declined. Yeah so the plot was that they were forced to share an ice rink, the "attraction" came up pretty quickly into the book. It felt forced. I also didn't like her skating partner and thought he was a jerk. She kept making excuses for him and I know she finally stopped that in the end but if someone DNF that, they wouldn't even see that part.

2.     +1   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Has anyone read the Donna Leon, Inspector Brunetti series set in Venice? I love this series. I am watching the series on Kanopy. It’s in Italian with subtitles. I am just intrigued with Venice and what it can be like to live there. It’s a fun watch for those who love reading the series.

3.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Ohhh never heard of it but that sounds interesting! Isn't there an Agatha Christie set in Venice as well?

I forgot to comment on the cartoonish covers. A friend a while ago told me those were the ones without sex or it would be implied but not explicit, and the ones with the big musclar men on the covers are the explicit ones. Clearly that's a thing of the past!

4.     +1   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Chalky @ 17/3/2024, 01:03) 
    Has anyone read the Donna Leon, Inspector Brunetti series set in Venice? I love this series. I am watching the series on Kanopy. It’s in Italian with subtitles. I am just intrigued with Venice and what it can be like to live there. It’s a fun watch for those who love reading the series.

Actually they are speaking German lol…I thought it didn’t seem like Italian but it is set in Venice…kind of confusing. So I guess all the actors are German playing Italians.

5.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I decided to give The First To Die At The End another shot and I got into it, kind of, for a while. But now I'm not really enjoying it.

6.     +3   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Finished:

The Winter Sister by Megan Collins - it was okay - easy read;
    The Magnolia Palace by Fiona Davis - really enjoyed - easy read;
    The Neighbor's Secret by L. Allison Heller - it was good - easy read.

It's been a very long time since I've had the privilege to finish so many books so quickly - I love reading lol.

Next book is "The Dutch House" by Anne Patchett.

7.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I love that! That's awesome. Let me know how the Dutch house is! I've had my eye on that one.

Yeah so I'm not sure if the first to die at the end just wasn't for me, or if it just sucked, or if I've grown up too much (though I doubt it's that since I still enjoy a lot of YA).

I think it was just another case of the author cashing in. Oh well. At least I've ticked it off my tbr now.

8.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    adivinadivina I saw this and thought of you. Seems like it is a bit rushed like the 2nd one was.
    Attached Image
    Screenshot_20240329-084121_Instagram

9.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I've been reading this. I'm not very far in, but I am finding it great so far. Such a cool premise.
    Attached Image
    Screenshot_20240329-084708_Instagram

10.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (C3P0 @ 28/3/2024, 22:45) 
    adivinadivina I saw this and thought of you. Seems like it is a bit rushed like the 2nd one was.

Not nearly as rushed. Fourth wing was released 5/2/23 with iron flame released 11/7/23 only 189 days apart. Book 3 is being released 1/21/25 441 days after iron flame more than double the turnover time. I’m hoping that makes a major improvement. Iron flame really could have used another few months of edits and rewrites

11.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Making myself feel better by spewing negativity

Status
    Anonymous
    That's the cover? Not a fan.

12.     Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    They haven't released the cover yet. I think the title was just released today. I'm guessing that's someone's fan art?

13.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    It could be the mock cover leaked from business to business sales sheets. These are usually rush jobs thrown together in a hurry when the publisher is meeting with vendors to make a deal. (But in this case I have no idea.)

14.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Making myself feel better by spewing negativity

Status
    Anonymous
    Yeah, that's definitely fan-made. I thought that was the cover reveal at first glance. I know BN thinks they can do what they want to do with publishers but using a fan-made cover on their social media is a poor choice. Cover art used in sales sheets should look similar to the placeholder image they have on Amazon until a final cover has been revealed.

15.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Wow didn't realize that was BN. They do this often, posting unauthorized images?

1015 replies since 29/7/2016, 17:24   24665 views