Poop Journal

Investigating What Poop Hitting The Fan Meant

« Older   Newer »

1. Dread Pirate Roberts

User deleted

D Jr. And D III were embroiled in some kind of scandal having to do with HFT - High Frequency Trading. Having a very limited understanding of intricate financial policies and procedures I think HFT is not technically illegal, but highly frowned upon. The software developed with the cousin in Don III's highly successful first business venture (early 2000s) had something to do with making more trades faster than usual and capitalizing on a hot commodity. That company was sold and D III's share was a few million dollars. Not too shabby at 20 years old.

A decade ( or more) later, D Jr. Was interviewed by a financial news channel concerning HFT. D III left his father's company and went to NC. The most extravagant non shopper ever tightened her purse strings and worried about not being able to stay in the house she so loved. What was so callously referred to as their starter home was now the home she so dearly hoped to stay in. I am going to start pulling videos and such. Or at least dates. YGSM could have remembered these with ease. I miss her. Dip could always find receipts too.

Very boring article. Explains way better than I could. D Jr. thinks HFT is great, other financial advisors fear it will topple the markets.

http://reut.rs/WfkyBJtext

Seems when big daddy was ballin' at GETCO, he was a top executive for one of the most notorious HFT firms in the business. He left and formed PDQ, which has a built in fail safe against HFT, assuring it cannot be used against them.

166 replies since 12/9/2016, 01:21   30253 views