« Older   Newer »

1.     +3   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I went back to look at the chubby hands and the side eye she gave mama Jen. Lol, she's adorable.

2.     +2   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    SideEyeLikeCC

3. DelightfullyDelish
        +7   Like  

User deleted

The kid eats more than I do. When my daughter was that age she had a small bowl of rice cereal or oatmeal and a jar of Gerber (or Jerber....). And formula. Target brand. Because I only breastfed for 6 months, but I'm not SuperMomLikeJen.

4.     +8   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I breastfed my first two until they were 2 years old. I'm hardly supermom. LOL And if that kid truly is eating that much, I just can't imagine she's nursing that much. Maybe so but I just can't picture it. Like you said, that's a lot of food. Like toddler amounts. I do love her wrist fat. Stringbeans don't normally have, well, any fat rolls. Special snowflake indeed. :B):

5.     +4   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Charlotte is a cute baby but you've seen one snap of her you've seen them all.

:sleeping-smiley-face:

The topic of alternative universe Jen got me thinking about the people I knew in grad school who went because they had no idea what else to do or how to do anything other than be a student. I see Jen going that route, though I don't know if she'd continue with Art History. I took so many Art History classes that I toyed with the idea of adding it as a second major, they were easy classes that boosted my GPA. You really don't need to love or even understand art, a lot of those classes are rote memorization (name the piece, the artist, the year, the style, etc.) which is perfect for Jen, lots of flash cards and no real analysis or thinking required. Even the papers were easy, the prof gives you a painting or sculpture, and you regurgitate the prof's opinions on that style or artist and get an A.

Anyway, I can see grad school as one option. Or, considering her level of ambition, intelligence, and common sense, I see her as being the receptionist or office manager at a small company and never amounting to much. She'd live with her parents until she found someone to marry. Depending on this theoretical husband, she can become a housewife and we get this Jen, or she continues her administrative job and never goes anywhere in life.

BTW, no offense if there are any office managers reading this. I've known several who took that position to make money and then move forward. But I've also known a few who were dumb as shit and stuck in their high school mentality. They were in their positions for over 20 years and will only ever remain at that level until they retire or get fired.

Or... maybe Jen and Don are soulmates and meant to be together in any universe because who else in the world could put up with them.

6.     +10   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I loved that look Tito gave. Awww, she will be seeking us out by Kindergarten to snark on the new mama.

Jen is going to be devastated when Teets turns into a Daddy's girl. There's Teets and Don in matching "I pooped today" t shirts, swapping dry rub recipes, and smoking meat in the back yard. Jen will have a parking lot meltdown in the craptice, eating seasonally appropriate toilet candy.

7.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Good lord at all of that food in that snap!

My kids are 17 and 19 so it's been a long time for me but I know they ate 1/2 of a baby food jar for the longest. Chicken and rice was the fav. They had more than one of course...and a bottle, but jeez. Beef? That young? :nervous:

8. Todolovethebaby
        +2   Like  

User deleted

Where do y'all imagine she's getting her food ideas for Charlotte from? Suzanne? A blog? Her imagination aka "mama" instinct? Hmmm.

9. Flossy Rossy
        +6   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (ExtraCaramel @ 25/9/2016, 02:07) 
    I breastfed my first two until they were 2 years old. I'm hardly supermom. LOL And if that kid truly is eating that much, I just can't imagine she's nursing that much. Maybe so but I just can't picture it. Like you said, that's a lot of food. Like toddler amounts. I do love her wrist fat. Stringbeans don't normally have, well, any fat rolls. Special snowflake indeed. :B):

I nursed mine till two also. At Teets age they ate what we were eating. I wasn't cooking whole meals for them and they were basically playing and tasting. Teets like her food. How funny is it Jen thinks it's brag worthy now? Give it a two years and she will be weighing out cheerios.

10.     +12   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Jen is weird. She calls her daughter a string bean yet Charlotte supposedly eats enough food for a two year-old.

Charlotte is fat, Jen. Get over it because it's a good thing. Those chubby rolls are too cute.

11.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Does CC have any teeth? How the heck is she chewing her fancy French green beans? I'd be terrified that she'd be choking on all of that!

There's no way she's still nursing as much as a 9 month old should AND putting away that much food.

12.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group
    Chin dancing in the kitchen like no one is watching

Status
    QUOTE (Guest100 @ 9/25/2016, 03:11 AM) 
    QUOTE (Todolovethebaby @ 25/9/2016, 12:55) 
    Where do y'all imagine she's getting her food ideas for Charlotte from? Suzanne? A blog? Her imagination aka "mama" instinct? Hmmm.

Another blogger of course ;)

6ptVhr6

www.prettyneatliving.com/mommy-favo...month-old-2016/

solidsmonths8-10_800a

http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/sol...ontholdbaby.htm

Gosh I can't stand the way she writes :tearing-hair:

I'm not a mom just yet, so this isn't coming from personal experience, but I would much rather get my info on solids from my pediatrician or published books over a blog. I'm sure it has some great suggestions, but I'd prefer to stick with what the experts have to say.

13. Yellowdollroom
        +3   Like  

User deleted

Fish is on that list too? That seems strange to me. I'm glad I'm not the only one who questioned the beef. Maybe it's the Suzanne Montessori way of eating.

14.     +3   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Is it typical to just let a baby as young as Charlotte to feed herself with her fingers. What happened to feeding a baby with a spoon?

15.     +6   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group
    Stored by type, season, and size, naturally.

Status
    I just thought the whole plate looked like it was full of choking hazards. Charlotte went from purees to a 3-course sit down meal in a relatively short amount of time (no doubt thanks to Jen seeing Theo eat real food). I just don't see how CC is able to handle eating food like that without choking. And as for the amount, she's eating more than my nearly year-old nephew...and he loves to eat!

888 replies since 16/9/2016, 11:45   45946 views