« Older   Newer »

1.     +4   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Donsadope @ 25/9/2016, 06:48) 
    Is it typical to just let a baby as young as Charlotte to feed herself with her fingers. What happened to feeding a baby with a spoon?

That would require Jen to pick up a spoon and pay attention to her daughter. Mama needs me time to nourish herself!

2.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Jens whole attitude towards food is insane.

The whole make cc wait while she eats thing drives me crazy. My daughter is 2 weeks old. Yesterday I held her and fed her a bottle and ate tacos at the same time. *GASP!!* We have TWO! hands for a reason.

3.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Saw this today and thought of Jen. Since it's the weekend I'm sure she enjoyed her "special treat"...and since it's officially autumn I'm guessing it was a SQUASH latte! 😂😂😂

http://www.foodandwine.com/news/i-just-fou...e-basically-lie

4. DelightfullyDelish
        +5   Like  

User deleted

At some point she is going to have to try and introduce a fork and spoon and Charlotte is going to be like, what the hell is that?!? If she fed her with a fork/spoon now she would associate eating with that, but she is setting herself up for a battle. I have a 6 y/o niece who still eats everything with her fingers, and an almost 2 y/o niece who always uses a fork/spoon. Different parents.

5. popsugarlikejen
        +4   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (lena3 @ 25/9/2016, 04:41) 
    Jen is weird. She calls her daughter a string bean yet Charlotte supposedly eats enough food for a two year-old.

Charlotte is fat, Jen. Get over it because it's a good thing. Those chubby rolls are too cute.

she is eating what a two year old I know eats-and he has a bunch of teeth
    Jen said the other day she has ony 2 teeth and a couple that broke thru barely
    CC is GUMMING that food-or eating whole

6.     +8   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I know this has been mentioned but I don't understand why she isn't feeding CC herself? I agree with DDelish about the spoon/fork issue. If she's going to be feeding CC a wide variety of foods at mealtime CC should at least know what utensils are!

Also, Jen is well known for painstakingly slow transitions & adjustments. What happened to CC's food journey? One day it was pureed sweet potato then, bam, she's having pasta, beef & green beans. What happened to the 32 steps in between? Did something happen in Utah to make her abandon her transitional feeding journey. :eyeroll_zps8714d1ff:

I would imagine she can't be breastfeeding very much with the hearty portions she's doling out. CC will be on prime rib by her 1st birthday if things continue at this pace.

It's safe to say her original mantra of "food before one is just for fun" has been tossed by the wayside with a bang!

Perhaps Jen's instinctual MAMA voice is guiding her? More than likely it's a random blogger somewhere, influencing Jen from afar. :unsure:

She sure is a cutie!

Edited by Amused 101 - 9/25/2016, 08:36 AM

7.     +5   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I think it is more likely that Emily and Suzanne and baby Theo have influenced CC's diet.

This has all happened in a flash.

8.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    But Theo is even younger. There is no way he could eat all of that. I wonder if he's doing true baby led weaning & Jen being Jen, she misinterpreted (& got super competitive) & thinks it means you give your kid full meals before they are even a year old.

9.     +8   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I think Theo being more advanced in other areas, rolling over, crawling etc has pushed Jen over the edge in CC's food journey. She is so competitive that she has to somehow show that CC is better. She must have tried her best to get the poor child to start rolling over (RolyPolyGate) and crawling. CC must have said, "No way, no how, mommy. Too soon for me, give me some toddler size portions of food instead and I'll show them!"

10.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Charlotte is probably hungry as there is no way she's getting even half of that food in her mouth. Behind the scenes, I bet Charlotte is nursing up a storm. Also, Jen started off giving Charlotte a spoon to gnaw on. What happened with that?

I know that everyone parents and cares for their child differently, but I've literally NEVER seen a parent feed their kid like Jen is feeding Charlotte. I just don't get the rush.

And, I bet Charlotte's diapers are...interesting.

11. BBathory
        +2   Like  

User deleted

Someone needs to make that side eye an avatar.

Oh man the way she keeps feeding her that baby is going to be a chunkster (she's cute AF though)

12.     +1   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    CC is a chunky baby which is awesome and just as she should be but if she were eating all of that food AND nursing she would be huge. That was just her dinner. What and how much does Jen give her for breakfast and lunch?

13.     +1   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Maybe CC should get smaller but more frequent meals or snacks broken up throughout the day rather than a huge meal like that. That did seem like a whole lot of food.

14.     +2   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Amused 101 @ 9/25/2016, 05:50 AM) 
    I know this has been mentioned but I don't understand why she isn't feeding CC herself? I agree with DDelish about the spoon/fork issue. If she's going to be feeding CC a wide variety of foods at mealtime CC should at least know what utensils are!

Also, Jen is well known for painstakingly slow transitions & adjustments. What happened to CC's food journey? One day it was pureed sweet potato then, bam, she's having pasta, beef & green beans. What happened to the 32 steps in between? Did something happen in Utah to make her abandon her transitional feeding journey. :eyeroll_zps8714d1ff:

I would imagine she can't be breastfeeding very much with the hearty portions she's doling out. CC will be on prime rib by her 1st birthday if things continue at this pace.

It's safe to say her original mantra of "food before one is just for fun" has been tossed by the wayside with a bang!

Perhaps Jen's instinctual MAMA voice is guiding her? More than likely it's a random blogger somewhere, influencing Jen from afar. :unsure:

She sure is a cutie!

All this goes back to my original question: is Jen not taking CC to her regular well checks with the dr? I understand that she has no friends - which were my life line with my first child, as my oldest was born on my best friend's daughter's first birthday. So she was literally 1 year ahead and was a wealth of knowledge for me. But our pediatrician (who my kids still see at 18 & 21 - mainly because we lover her and are having a hard time moving on!) has always been so helpful in what is going on at the proper stage. The first year we did well checks every 3 months and received very thorough info on that stage. It baffles me that Jen is forging her own way. She seems like someone who would research everything in a book like What To Expect The First Year, and then follow it exactly as it says. She's a nut case. Other than giving them Cheerios - more for dexterity than for nutrition - I fed them both until about a year. I had a little grinder and would pulverize whatever we were eating, that was okay for them. Then I would feed them. Oh boy, she frustrates me so & I don't even know her!

15.     +5   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Jen is a follower....she will follow whatever is trendy with the mommy set.

888 replies since 16/9/2016, 11:45   45946 views