SulkingandShoppingLikeJen Part 7

« Older   Newer »

1. Flossy Rossy
        +7   Like  

User deleted

I think we have a new nickname! Shaneysmom step down and accept your prize. You can choose from bin one or TWO.

2. shaneysmom
        +1   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (Flossy Rossy @ 9/26/2016, 06:24 PM) 
    I think we have a new nickname! Shaneysmom step down and accept your prize. You can choose from bin one or TWO.

I humbly accept. Bin number two for the win! :)

3.     +5   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Sotheresthat and Extracaramel - so sorry to hear about the health issues with your family members. I know what that's like, especially with a mother's illness. It's not easy and you just have to go through it strongly and deal the best way you can, and you still have to do what you can for yourself to retain your own happiness. Otherwise it's overwhelming. That's sometimes hard to do at first, but necessary. Best wishes to you both.

As for Jen, I think she hates a lot about being a YouTuber but she can't give up her channel because who would she boast to, and nowadays, for so many people in her generation, having a YouTube channel is almost a necessity. Her channel defined her in a way, and she still uses it for that purpose, doing the types of videos only she wants to do, but feeling uneasy about it because at some level, she knows the fans have opinions too. She's trapped in her YouTube box. Can't leave it, can't be happy with it, and won't do anything different about it.

4.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (two!muchstuff @ 9/26/2016, 12:31 PM) 
    As for Jen, I think she hates a lot about being a YouTuber but she can't give up her channel because who would she boast to, and nowadays, for so many people in her generation, having a YouTube channel is almost a necessity. Her channel defined her in a way, and she still uses it for that purpose, doing the types of videos only she wants to do, but feeling uneasy about it because at some level, she knows the fans have opinions too. She's trapped in her YouTube box. Can't leave it, can't be happy with it, and won't do anything different about it.

I agree with everything here except the people her age having a YT channel. She's only a few years younger than I am and I literally know no one with a YT channel - or at least no one who would use it the way she does. Personal videos end up on Facebook. Even my friends who are turning 30 this year are only on Facebook, Instagram and maybe Snapchat if they are particularly savvy, and those that are barely use SC. My cohort is too busy with husbands and children and full-time jobs and real-life friends to bother filming hauls of their children's clothing for strangers.

If she were 23, yeah maybe I'd expect a YT channel. No normal 30something "needs" YT.

5. Flossy Rossy
        +4   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (shaneysmom @ 26/9/2016, 18:28) 
    I humbly accept. Bin number two for the win! :)

You picked the sticker bin.
    :thumbs-up:

6.     +7   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Whatever happened to Charlotte's MAMA-chosen lovies? Haven't seen those in a while. Charlotte's first act of rebellion, maybe?

7.     +5   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group
    Stored by type, season, and size, naturally.

Status
    New thread name ideas: BirthinABabyGiraffeLikeJen and JumpingTheSharkLikeJen 😂

8.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (lena3 @ 9/26/2016, 01:48 PM) 
    Whatever happened to Charlotte's MAMA-chosen lovies? Haven't seen those in a while. Charlotte's first act of rebellion, maybe?

My wish came true haha

9. Flossy Rossy
        +3   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (best_audrina @ 26/9/2016, 19:59) 
    ugh. this.
    i grew up calling my mom "momma" 'cuz i'm from the south and thats what we do. but the oversaturation of calling every mom or thing related to motherhood "mama" has made me nauseous, like to the point that i've almost reverted back to calling my mom "mom" because of the constant use of "mama" in the media and social media.

My youngest calls me mama.
    It's so cute. The older two say mother or mom.

10.     +7   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (lena3 @ 26/9/2016, 19:48) 

I hope she shat on it...after a dinner of green beans (excuse me...haricot verts :eyeroll_zps8714d1ff:) and beans.

11. shaneysmom
        +4   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (BackupBathBomb @ 9/26/2016, 08:04 PM) 
    New thread name ideas: BirthinABabyGiraffeLikeJen and JumpingTheSharkLikeJen 😂

I am pro giraffe. :)

12.     +3   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Me too. I like the giraffe one.

13.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes