sparklyblonde1

« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Planning Karen Orchid’s 60th Birthday Party at The Lake Club!

Status
    Anonymous
    Any thoughts on this girl? I've been subscribed for years. There's something off there. She's in her 30s but talks and acts like a little girl. Sometimes I wonder if she's slightly on the spectrum or if she's just a nerd. She's obsessed with anything that's cutesy and sparkly. She talks about using her office and doing actual work but never goes into detail if she has a real job. Her husband seems like a good guy but he is never seen on camera. She likes to collect cute makeup but never really wears any. In her collection videos, you can see that virtually everything is untouched. It's almost like it's all for display. Her videos are always well-put together and shot on a high quality camera but she's mentally stunted at the age of about 12. She's also put on some weight over the years. When she first started she was very slim. Must be all of the candy and sweets she eats. They don't have kids (just 2 dogs, a rabbit and I think they still have a hedgehog) and she never really mentions if they're trying or want a family. I get the vibe that she's a stay at home wife who does little more than spend her husband's money. But I will give her credit for keeping their home spotless and she's a master at painting, DIYS and easy crafts.

Edited by Chance86_ - 10/7/2016, 12:16 PM

2.     +2   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Overall I really like her. Her videos are visually pleasing. She does have more childish and teenage tastes. If I remember correctly, she does administrative assistant work from home. Or at least she used to. I really like their house and where it's located. It looks like they have beautiful surroundings. They have done some really nice work to their house.

I'm a bit jealous that she eats like she does and still stays pretty slim. Yeah, she's heavier than she used to be but still not what I would consider overweight.

Didn't it come out on GG that her husband is older than her? Like by a good amount?

3.     Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I'm so curious to see what he looks like. He sounds kind of hot, lol. And he treats her very well. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy her channel and I myself am 30 and love sparkly, girly things. I just think she seems a bit nerdy. I odn't think she's overweight either. She's thinner than I am! I just noticed that she went from very skinny to chubby in a few years time. She seems like she'd be a great Mom so I wonder if they struggle with infertility. I wonder what the husband does.

4.     +1   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Whatever he does for work he must make good money. They're always doing stuff to their house and she shops quite a bit. Not on Jen level though, lol!!

5.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I think he upgraded her wedding ring set. Has anyone noticed?

6.     +1   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I didn't notice a change in her rings but I never noticed in the first place :)

She has a lot of subscribers-- a shocking amount, actually. I think her high quality camera and professional editing keeps things going. I bet a lot of her subbies are young girls though because everything is always pink and sparkly. I remember when she was still very small. She doesn't post often so I actually look forward to watching her videos. I actually think she should post more often. With all of those subscribers, she's missing a big opportunity. I think she posts when she wants because she wants to and it's refreshing.

7.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I never really noticed her ring before either, I just remember her old set being yellow gold before. They probably just had it rhodium plated. Anyway, This would be the best time of year to make videos. Some of my favorite videos from her are her Fall/Christmas videos.

8.     +1   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Chance86_ @ 10/8/2016, 12:34 AM)
    I didn't notice a change in her rings but I never noticed in the first place :)

She has a lot of subscribers-- a shocking amount, actually. I think her high quality camera and professional editing keeps things going. I bet a lot of her subbies are young girls though because everything is always pink and sparkly. I remember when she was still very small. She doesn't post often so I actually look forward to watching her videos. I actually think she should post more often. With all of those subscribers, she's missing a big opportunity. I think she posts when she wants because she wants to and it's refreshing.

QUOTE (Cagirl1 @ 10/8/2016, 01:04 AM)
    I never really noticed her ring before either, I just remember her old set being yellow gold before. They probably just had it rhodium plated. Anyway, This would be the best time of year to make videos. Some of my favorite videos from her are her Fall/Christmas videos.

I agree with both of you. Chance, I think you're right. She posts when she wants to and it's nice because it's not like other YTers that you can tell they're filming because they feel like they have to and it feels forced.

Cagirl, I absolutely love her Fall and Christmas videos.

One thing I've been wondering....does she still have the hedgehog? She showed him when she first got him and I don't recall ever seeing him again. Now she has a bunny. I wonder if we'll see it any more after the initial video?

9.     +1   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Yes the fall and Christmas shopping, hauls and decorating are my favorite to watch! I wish she would share a bit more of her family and friends, though. If someone can dig up a picture of the ever elusive Bill I think it would satisfy my curiosity to no end.

10.     +1   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I totally want to know what he looks like. Have we ever seen anyone other than her mom?

11.     Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I vaguely remember her vlogging a family get together around the holidays several years back that may have shown her sister or at least a phantom voice. But I could be imagining that. I definitely can't tell you what she looks like. Does Faith (I believe that's her real name) even share personal pics on IG? It's a strange dichotomy to have someone share bits of their lives on YouTube but not include standard pictures and that sort of thing on other social media sites that every normal person seems to do. Her IG feed is just an extension of her YouTube thumbnails.

12.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I'm not following her on IG. I'll have to check it out and see.

(oh yeah her name is Faith :) )

13.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group
    Chin dancing in the kitchen like no one is watching

Status
    I really like her videos too! She seems sweet, and maybe a little nerdy, but I can relate to her in that way. ^_^ I sort of respect the fact that she doesn't show her husband, or really anyone besides her mom. If I were going to make YT videos I'd probably want to be as private as possible too. I really enjoy her shop with me vlogs. I think it's sweet she spends so much time with her mom. I think one of the big reasons I like those videos so much is because my mom is one of my best friends, and I love shopping with her, but I can't do it as often as I want because she lives 2 hours away. The videos remind me of how much fun it is to be able to do that! I also really like their house, and her decor. They've made some really nice upgrades.

I do always wonder if she has a job. Was there a video where she mentioned one? I just figured when she mentioned working, that she meant editing videos?

14.     +1   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    I enjoy her videos because she doesn't saturate her channel with useless shit. I LOVE watching her Target videos because we no longer have Target in Canada. #riptargetcanada

I find her videos strangely soothing. There is something about her voice that is relaxing.

15.     +2   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Her midwestern roots are definitely comforting to watch on display around the holidays. Very relatable. She's one of the few successful lifestyle/beauty channels that seems to do it because she just wants to share what brings her joy. There's no rigid set filming schedule, ulterior motives or desires for fame and sponsorships. It makes me wonder if Bill really is fully taking care of her. From a business standpoint, I'd think that she'd want to pursue YT more vigorously if she was interested in earning more opportunities financially.

364 replies since 7/10/2016, 10:23   83708 views