User deleted

Stumpy can be an Elf on the shelf!!

2.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Can someone fill me in on the holiday card thing? I just started watching her again today

3. TCB
        +1   Like  

User deleted

Let the SKANKING begin! :clicking-your-heels-smiley-emot

4. shaneysmom
        +1   Like  

User deleted

This title is THE best! It almost makes me wish that I was co-starring in this special. Almost.

5. Piggly Wiggly
        +3   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (BeachBunnie @ 12/8/2016, 08:42 PM) 
    Stumpy can be an Elf on the shelf!!

Yep! Not likes he's got anything better to do!

6.     +10   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Planning Karen Orchid’s 60th Birthday Party at The Lake Club!

Status
    Anonymous
    And Marnie can be the whore in the drawer.

7.     +8   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Finally got to catch up with her vlogs. Jesus fucking christ she just can't let the name tag thing go, can she? I can't believe how agitated she was. And she brought the subject up in two separate clips in the vlog. You just know she was stewing over it all day and just had to turn the camera on to bitch about it some more.

8.     +7   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I can see why Marnie would never be a good teacher. She needs to be right so badly, it overrides everything else. She'd probably lose her patience with a child who was smarting off.

9.     +4   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Amused 101 @ 12/8/2016, 10:13 PM) 
    I can see why Marnie would never be a good teacher. She needs to be right so badly, it overrides everything else. She'd probably lose her patience with a child who was smarting off.

Oh yeah...teaching is NOT the profession for her. She lacks the empathy. She's just not someone children would gravitate towards and respond positively too.

10.     +4   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I can't think of too many jobs that Marnster would excel at. Maybe an Alcohol Board of Control officer? I bet she would find it tantalizing to bust 18-20 year old girls drinking at bars with their fakes IDs this holiday season.

11. OhHai
        +4   Like  

User deleted

Unless it is Mr and Mrs Something, the correct etiquette when using first names is to put the woman's name first. Marnie is correct here. That said, she should have included a little Stumpy summary too. "He has been working diligently at his cup size. Often eating poptarts in the middle of the night". How hard to include a little Stumpy blurb?

12.     +1   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (OhHai @ 12/9/2016, 05:25 AM) 
    Unless it is Mr and Mrs Something, the correct etiquette when using first names is to put the woman's name first. Marnie is correct here. That said, she should have included a little Stumpy summary too. "He has been working diligently at his cup size. Often eating poptarts in the middle of the night". How hard to include a little Stumpy blurb?

We'll have to agree to disagree. :) Traditionally, when signing a card, I was always taught that the man's name came first followed by the wife and the kids by birth order. My Mother is nearly 70 and was a secretary before she got married. She always scoffs when this is not the case. I'm in the mindset that these social norms are antiquated regardless of which boat you're in. I'm very progressive but I also respect tradition. I have no problems writing a man's name before my own. I do think that in the instance when you know the recipient better than your spouse, it makes more sense to sign your name first. The reason I even mentioned it at all is because Marnie and Michael actually do practice these strict gender roles. It surprised me that Michael would sign-off on a holiday greeting that left his life update out completely and listed him after her.

13. OhHai
        +3   Like  

User deleted

Maybe the etiquette rules are different in the US? My MIL is in her 70s and would have a heart attack if she received a card where the man's name was written first lol Funny how it is different isn't it!

14. BeachBunnie

User deleted

I always thought if it's from a couple, the woman's name goes first. If it's from the whole family the mans name goes first, then hers, then the kids in order of age.

15.     +8   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I always heard that when including the last name in the correspondence (assuming they share the same one) the woman's name goes first and the man's second because you don't break up the man's full name. I always put my name and any other woman's name first, even if it's just our first names in casual correspondence because fuck the patriarchy. Plus, I am the one who writes out every single correspondence we send out and so I feel like I should get top billing for doing all the work. ;)

920 replies since 9/12/2016, 02:42   34755 views