The Skank and her Elf. A Whoremark Special. Pt. 10

« Older   Newer »

1. Chance86_
        +1   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Planning Karen Orchid’s 60th Birthday Party at The Lake Club!

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (OhHai @ 12/9/2016, 05:25 AM) 
    Unless it is Mr and Mrs Something, the correct etiquette when using first names is to put the woman's name first. Marnie is correct here. That said, she should have included a little Stumpy summary too. "He has been working diligently at his cup size. Often eating poptarts in the middle of the night". How hard to include a little Stumpy blurb?

We'll have to agree to disagree. :) Traditionally, when signing a card, I was always taught that the man's name came first followed by the wife and the kids by birth order. My Mother is nearly 70 and was a secretary before she got married. She always scoffs when this is not the case. I'm in the mindset that these social norms are antiquated regardless of which boat you're in. I'm very progressive but I also respect tradition. I have no problems writing a man's name before my own. I do think that in the instance when you know the recipient better than your spouse, it makes more sense to sign your name first. The reason I even mentioned it at all is because Marnie and Michael actually do practice these strict gender roles. It surprised me that Michael would sign-off on a holiday greeting that left his life update out completely and listed him after her.

920 replies since 9/12/2016, 02:42   34814 views