« Older   Newer »

1.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I thought since we had a makeup thread and a skin care thread that we needed a hair thread too. :)

Any curly haired people here? What are your favorite, tried and true products for curly hair?

2.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Administrator

Status
    My hair is curly.
    I just let it hair dry if I want to have decent curls. And only brush it out when wet. Otherwise I look like this:
    c67d79bfe300cefb99ea0674d22c3c41

3.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Ha ha LJ!

My natural hair is extremely thick and coarse. It has some random waves and curls but they just don't look right on their own. I straightened it for years but got tired of the hassle and the excessive heat on my hair. 2 years ago I talked to my stylist and we decided my best bet would be to start perming it. She agreed that my natural waves and random curls just didn't look right on their own. Perming has been so nice and so much easier.

4.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Administrator

Status
    I hate to cut my hair, they never do it right.
    I think it's because they always cut it wet, and then it springs up and it is super duper short. and all wonky because some curls "curl" more than others.
    when it looks nice it looks super nice, but when it doesn't it's just messy and awful. so I have to use heat on it. which annoys me, because I hate to do the same crap day i and day out. and styling takes time.

I have tried loads of products, cheap and super expensive and in truth they all end up the same.

There was one product that I used, years ago, that smelled amazing and kept my curls hydrated and bouncy and crap, but it vanished from the shelves and I never found it again. or anything similar.

I assume because it was filled with deadly chemicals or something. but boy, was it amazing!

5.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    My stylist is wonderful. She's been doing my hair for years. I met her when our husbands worked together and we've socialized as well.

As for products: my hair needs an oil of some sort since it's dry and coarse. The past year I've been using Black Seed Oil from the Kardashian hair line (I know! I know! but I really like that oil and my hair loves it.) I've run out of it and haven't been anywhere to buy another bottle so I'm using It's a 10 and I forgot how much I love it too. I had a bottle hiding in my cupboard.

The Moroccan Oil brand's curl defining cream - I think that's what it's called - is great. It gives my curls structure and support without making it crunchy.

I'm not dedicated to any particular shampoo and conditioner so I'm interested to hear what other people use. I've been using the L'Oreal EverCurl shampoo and conditioner since it's extra moisturizing and is sulfate free. It's good but I'm always on the lookout for new ones to try.

6.     +1   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (lipstick jungle @ 12/9/2016, 10:56 AM) 
    I hate to cut my hair, they never do it right.
    I think it's because they always cut it wet, and then it springs up and it is super duper short. and all wonky because some curls "curl" more than others.

I blow dry & straighten my hair almost every day, but I ALWAYS ask for a dry cut. Whenever the stylist wets it and then it starts to curl they act all surprised & completely disregard where/how it curls.

Is balayage totally out of style now? I thought I'd finally worked up the courage to do it (I don't colour my hair)... but maybe it's more of a summer trend since it's adding blonde. I'm very unadventurous with my look, haha

7.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    My stylist did a dry cut on me when I wore mine in a straightened, kind of piecey style. Now that I'm curly she wet cuts it because my shape is pretty easy.

8. RandomPomPom

User deleted

I wish I had curly hair - mine is straight - won't take a curl or perm. When I was a little girl, I endured 3 days in curlers with an entire jar of Dippity-Doo. My Shirley Temple curls went "poof" in less than 10 minutes! When I was in my 20's, I got a perm that didn't take. My stylist concurred and said he'd re-do it about 3 days later. Went in, left the solution on a little longer, and two days later - no perm. When he offered yet another re-do, I was really hesitant, but he was a professional and assured me it was done all the time. 3 perms in a week, and my head and hair were a mess - I had curls on one side of my head, and straight on the other. That was the year I embraced my straight, shiny hair!

9.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    We always want what we don't have 😏

10.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    RandomPomPom 3 in 1 week?! Yikes!

11. RandomPomPom
        +1   Like  

User deleted

You are so right ColdOne! I still lust for volume and lift and the ability to hold a curl. I have had the same chin length bob (some variations) for EVA. I can't go longer because it's heavy, and kicks out in all the wrong places! I also have wicked cowlicks, and a natural hairline that is difficult, so pixie short is out. I do rock the bob though, and now that I dye my greys purple, it looks edgey and current. It took a long time for me to stop fighting my hair, but accepting it has been so much better!

12.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I need recommendations for a hair mask. My hair has always been coarse and dry but menopause has taken the dryness to a new level. I'm also experiencing breakage which I've never had before. :/

Can anybody recommend a great one?

13.     Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Administrator

Status
    I was meant to ask you how are the meds working?
    do you feel better IDon'tEatSugar?
    A close friend of mine went through a similar situation and after a while it all fall into place.

I live in Europe so my products might be different, but I really like Kerastase stuff.

14.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Thanks for asking, LJ :wub: Hot flashes are way better with the meds. Still trying to tweak other meds for my anxiety.

Menopause has kicked my hair and skin's ass though. It's been trial and tribulation trying to find stuff that will bring balance again.

I've never tried Kerastase stuff. It's good, huh?

15.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Administrator

Status
    I like it.

But I am not really faithful to anything really.
    And I use cheap things as well.
    I use a lot from www.schwarzkopf.com/skus/en/home.html

I am always changing.

I like to diy when I need something to work.
    I always find that by trial and error, I end up getting better results doing it myself than pre made, bought stuff

https://pt.pinterest.com/explore/stop-hair-breakage/
    ~
    I also found this woman, I have no idea what I was watching, but she is bald - no idea why - and she was doing some kind of a mask and it seems to be working

www.youtube.com/user/ChiquiLaPaz/videos

134 replies since 9/12/2016, 02:52   5258 views