Thrift Thick

« Older   Newer »

1.     +6   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Does anyone watch her? It pains me to start this topic because just a couple of years ago I loved her channel and found her very relatable. Then she suddenly took a turn into the annoying realm, but I still kept watching. When she started getting gifts from subscribers and only blandly acknowledging them, I was officially turned off.

I unsubbed awhile back but she kept popping up in my YT sidebar with these odd "mukbang" eating shows. Basically she went from a strictly beauty channel to plunking herself on the floor and filming herself eating mass quantities of food. I know she has some weird admiration of Trisha Paytas, but this was too much. 😭

OK, whatever, I stayed unsubbed but had to watch yesterday's live sushi mukbang when it appeared in the sidebar. Dear dog, what has she done to herself and her channel? I felt like I was watching Baby Jane (she had on this Joker lipstick) meets a bad telethon meets the food network. She's sitting in her living room in a sweater and underpants (not even shorts!) gorging on giant sushi rolls and practically crying over her subscribers "spontaneously" donating to her channel. Cassie, please. You turned on the donate button and then begged people not to donate. They continue sending money and she leaves the donation button active. She is such a sneaky little dip these days.

Phew, had to get that off my chest. It truly saddened me to see what I considered a unique YTer go down the same path all of those hucksters take. 🙄

2. Betrice
        +3   Like  

User deleted

I used to be a subscriber. I unsubbed after the first Mukbang. I hate Mukbang but the bigger issue was her attitude.

Now she's posting a sobbing "woe is me" video. She goes from sobbing and blubbering about how she's so sad about the comment section to a holier than thou "I'm just trying to make the world a better place" in the blink of an eye.

She says she does Mukbang because she likes that she can make other people feel better by having a meal with them. PLEASE. That is NOT why she's doing it. And she says she feels bad about people who post mean comments because she wants to help them and she wonders what is wrong and how she can help. OMG.

She also talks about how she has worked SO HARD and for SO LONG. Seriously???? She has a lot of growing up to do. She sounds like a whiney little brat.

I also feel like this is a cheap rip off of Trisha Pastas.

Seriously, I never saw the amount of crazy shit in her comments until she posted that Mukbang crap. But she won't stop.She LIKES the drama.

3.     +5   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Betrice @ 2/26/2017, 10:54 PM) 
    I used to be a subscriber. I unsubbed after the first Mukbang. I hate Mukbang but the bigger issue was her attitude.

Same. She absolutely disgusts me and I find the prospect of watching her stuffing her face on camera to be completely revolting. She is in dire need of mental health care and I now feel complicit in her decline when I watch her videos, so I can't bring myself to do it.

Her threads over on YouTalkTrash are extremely active, especially following all this mukbang bs, in case anyone was not aware!

4.     Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I rarely watch her but I thought I saw a video a while back about her having anxiety and/or depression? Isn't she currently in Tx with a mental health professional?

I don't believe that any professional would encourage these type of (eating) videos. The eating video I saw part of was disturbing in so many ways.

Why are people donating to her? I thought she went to grad school & got a Masters in something? Wow, I'm obviously behind & need to catch up.

Whatever is going on, it's not good.

Edited by Amused 101 - 2/27/2017, 12:45 AM

5.     +4   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Cassie was a breath of fresh air - ONCE. Now, she's a pathetic has-been holding on to "YouTube is my career" because she can't get a job.

6.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Amused 101 @ 2/27/2017, 12:26 AM) 
    I rarely watch her but I thought I saw a video a while back about her having anxiety and/or depression? Isn't she currently in Tx with a mental health professional?

I don't believe that any professional would encourage these type of (eating) videos. The eating video I saw part of was disturbing in so many ways.

Why are people donating to her? I thought she went to grad school & got a Masters in something? Wow, I'm obviously behind & need to catch up.

Whatever is going on, it's not good.

She has not disclosed whether she's in tx and her behaviour suggests that she is not. Instead of seeking help for her excoriation disorder, she got acrylic nails (aka "magic therapy nails") and found other tools to gouge herself with. Part of the reason why I cannot watch her is her denial about her multiple disorders and the bad example she's setting for her viewers!

7.     +1   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    I thought she was in her hometown? Wisconsin? Did she move to TX?

I don't even understand Mukbang for Cassie.

She went to BU grad school for art. She seemed OK (a little quirky) while she was in Boston. I thought she would be ok, but she's just gone downhill and not current since she went back home - or TX (why TX?).

8. Betrice

User deleted

I thought her hometown was Minnesota? And she had been in Boston for school.

9.     Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Minnesota, yes - that one!

10. Betrice

User deleted

Cassie is back to posting videos. I had to laugh at this comment ...

I really think she should just be honest and say "I've got too much money to lose" LMAO!
    Attached Image
    Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 11.29.21 AM

11.     +4   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I've watched a few of her videos in the past, but never subbed. Her recent rant video was in suggestions so I clicked on it. Posting that was a huge mistake. This girl needs to vent with friends, family, or a therapist. She seems to struggle with mental illness and Youtube as a full time job is making it worse.

12.     +2   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group
    Burning My Neck with Bacon Grease at Waffhoe House

Status
    Anonymous
    Oh dear. I used to love her thrift hauls years ago and then she got too weird for me so I've been out of the loop a while. She has a masters degree and can't find a job? Hmmm...

Last video I saw she was living with her dad and before that the last one I watched she was in Boston. I'm going to have to go snoop around a bit. See what has changed. It makes me sad she's went down this path. She once was very enjoyable to watch

13.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Anyone see this video? Thoughts?

14.     +2   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Many people say they don't notice when psych meds are working (because they're feeling good), so they stop taking the medication and then hit some major lows. This shows how important it is to keep taking your meds, especially when things are going well!

15.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I thought it was odd that she said she ran out because she didn't get the pharmacy texts.

57 replies since 24/2/2017, 11:52   20251 views