LisaLisaD1 Part 9: The Summer of Starvation

« Older   Newer »

1. YT Celeb
        +3   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (Pheebie @ 3/27/2017, 02:56 PM) 
    Geeze, I need to catch up on the videos and the boar! I'm so behind, but I have a legitimate reason.

Came to the ER last Monday after suffering with a headache for over a week. Thought it was a pinched nerve, but nope. Brain tumor. Had surgery last Tuesday morning and am hoping to be discharged today - I can't wait to go home! And shower. And shampoo. And shave. I feel so grubby!

Wow that was quick glad they could fit you in so quickly. I pray for a full and speedy recovery. :b_wink:

2.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (NoMaleHeirLikeJen @ 28/3/2017, 01:54) 
    Her hand looks HUGE!!! Honestly doesn't she look at these pics before she posts them.
    Yeah Lisa, keep looking for you dignity. I don't think you're going to find it in your driveway

Eww! WHY does it look like that???

3. MsLynda
        +1   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (EastCoastGlamour @ 3/28/2017, 01:59 AM) 
    Her hand looks HUGE!!! Honestly doesn't she look at these pics before she posts them.
    Yeah Lisa, keep looking for you dignity. I don't think you're going to find it in your driveway

Eww! WHY dues it look like that???

Photoshop gone wrong? (just a guess)

4.     Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    The only Youtubers I see with Zara hauls are in their early 20's. I think those pants were inspired by Sheila. :wacko:

5. YT Celeb
        +1   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (EastCoastGlamour @ 3/28/2017, 01:59 AM) 

Eww! WHY does it look like that???

I think it is because the top only shows a fraction of her arm so her hand looks huge in comparison

6. YT Celeb
        +4   Like  

User deleted

This Police song screams Lisa to me

THE POLICE LYRICS
    "Canary In A Coalmine"

First to fall over when the atmosphere is less than perfect
    Your sensibilities are shaken by the slightest defect
    You live you life like a canary in a coalmine
    You get so dizzy even walking in a straight line

You say you want to spend the winter in Firenza
    You're so afraid to catch a dose of influenza
    You live your life like a canary in a coalmine

Canary in a coalmine
    Canary in a coalmine
    Canary in a coalmine

Now if I tell you that you suffer from delusions
    You pay your analyst to reach the same conclusions

Canary in a coalmine
    Canary in a coalmine
    Canary in a coalmine

First to fall over when the atmosphere is less than perfect
    Your sensibilities are shaken by the slightest defect

Canary in a coalmine...

7.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    I've only seen those pants on women that are decades older than Lisa. Not a good look. I've always been of the mindset of wear what you like and what makes you feel good. For some reason, I just don't have that same feeling with Lisa. I'm like...get a grip woman!

I just watched Melissa55's video on Estée Lauder using Kendall Jenner as the model for their anti-aging line when they should obviously be using someone older. I agreed with her when she said that women that would use and buy the product are not stupid enough to think that we'll look like 21 year-old Jenner. The first words that flew out of my mouth were

Lisa would.

8.     +1   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Planning Karen Orchid’s 60th Birthday Party at The Lake Club!

Status
    Anonymous
    Pheebie, Blessings to you! Get well soon! :)

I have been somewhat MIA for Lent this past week but it seems like Indilwen hasn't commented in quite some time. Does anyone know if she is okay?

On a lighter note, Lisa looks like she is ready to spit up her Zaxby's in that shot. Head down and mouth doing whatever the hell it's doing...what a lady!

9. YT Celeb
        +4   Like  

User deleted

OMG $92.00 you have got to be shitting me?????????

10.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Pheebie, get well soon! What sort of a headache was it? Migraine-like or dull throbbing?

I've started watching Gothamista for skincare reviews. Oh my gosh, she blows Lisa and Tammy right out of the water (although that's not that hard to do). She is so refined, informative and soothing to listen to. I can't believe there are people out there who think Tammy and Lisa are worth listening to.

Those pants make L look like she's ready to dance the Bolero or something. 😂

11. MsLynda
        +2   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (YT Celeb @ 3/28/2017, 11:37 AM) 
    OMG $92.00 you have got to be shitting me?????????

I am sure you can find them for even less . . .
    BUT a quick search brings up Baublebar, and the same look, for 45.00. There is always a promo code of some sort going on.
    SF is a total ripoff.

ZARA has some nice items. I have some Chanel like jackets and have people comment (nice things) when I wear them. I just ordered the faux leather jacket with the 3/4 sleeves and a tiny ruffle finish at the sleeve. Some of their items are cut on the small size - not that I shop by size - it does mean you may have to order three sizes to find your fit. Lisa managed to find the fugly items

Edited by MsLynda - 3/28/2017, 12:30 PM

12.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Chance86_ @ 28/3/2017, 11:24) 

I have been somewhat MIA for Lent this past week but it seems like Indilwen hasn't commented in quite some time. Does anyone know if she is okay?

On a lighter note, Lisa looks like she is ready to spit up her Zaxby's in that shot. Head down and mouth doing whatever the hell it's doing...what a lady!

I PMed Indi and haven't heard back. I hope all is well her way.

13.     +5   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous

Hi Chance,

Indilwen is doing fine. I've been in touch with her. She's just been real busy.

QUOTE (love_bug @ 28/3/2017, 12:29) 

Yes I was in touch with her but she's been real busy.

I've missed her here too!

14.     Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Since that black outfit looks like a Project Runway castoff, I'm going to guess this is one of the outfits that a sweet friend subscriber sent her that they had sewn for her - it's handmade ya'll!!!

15. Pheebie
        +1   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (EastCoastGlamour @ 3/28/2017, 12:47 PM) 
    Indilwen is doing fine. I've been in touch with her. She's just been real busy.

QUOTE (love_bug @ 28/3/2017, 12:29) 

Yes I was in touch with her but she's been real busy.

I've missed her here too!

Glad to know Indi is okay!

Bumbling buzzard - the headache ran up my neck mostly, and would NOT stop. I rarely get headaches at all. What really got me, and my husband, concerned was the minor disequilibrium I had while walking. And the fine motor skills of my left hand were dragging, like while typing, washing my face, etc. I kept doing all the "stroke tests" you read about online, and didn't have those symptoms. Seriously, I was Dx-ing myself with a pinched nerve. It was such a benign and reasonable thing. Sure, at the end of the list of causes was "brain tumor," but no one REALLY expects that! I didn't want to be overly-dramatic by going to the ER. Good thing for my husband staying home from work last Monday and taking me there. I would've just kept toughing it out. . . at least for a few more days.

This experience has taught me so many lessons, not the least of which is how many wonderful, loving, caring people I have in my life - I'm forever grateful. It's also taught me to slow the eff down, and that you can drop F-bombs all over the OR, ICU, etc. and it tends to make people laugh. I guess when you're a petite, seemingly-demure 42 yr. old, they're not expecting it. Quite therapeutic, I must say. :)

912 replies since 4/3/2017, 17:56   52272 views