Flylady Sophia, her Bookcases...and the French Notebook

My Great Challenge - Part Deux

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    The redish tint doesn't fit her. She should have stuck with her natural color. First time I saw someone look YOUNGER with the grey hair.

2. OtherwiseKnownAsWIR
        +1   Like  

User deleted

It reminds me of that red henna stuff Indian guys use... that makes their head look orange

3.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    That suits some, but you really have to have the complexion for it. My mom uses it and looks great, I tried it when in high school and I looked like Sophia.

4.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    According to the MGC weight loss group on FB she lost 1lb this week.

5.     +1   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    I think she colored it herself. It looked like her kitchen cleaning had a box of haircolor she showed. And she ate a few Doritos that she showed which is no wonder she is having problems with WW.

6. OtherwiseKnownAsWIR
        +3   Like  

User deleted

Just watching week 3 day 2.

Why doesn't Edward's duvet have a cover on it?

And what happened to "French people don't display pictures of family..."

<<cough cough what's that on the landing wall?>>

IMG_2208

7.     +3   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (OtherwiseKnownAsWIR @ 15/5/2017, 18:15) 
    Ooer her hair does look odd.

She's definitely coloured it, because her grey patch at the front has gone but it's the wrong shade for her.

ETA: how many cabinets in that bathroom?!? Remove the white one, it's unnecessary! And how many soaps?!? Soap goes off too Sophia!

And cleaning the toilet with bubble bath... yeah that clears germs eh?

Flylady tells you you can use bubble bath to clean your toilet. And Diane is wrong with using a tea kettle with a little water to shine your sink. Flylady tells you to fill your sink to the brim with hot water then add Cup if bleach. I think flylady Diane didn't use that much water either as a demonstration or because she was conserving water. Sophia is probably doing other things wrong though. This is from the flylady email:

I keep a toilet bowl brush beside each toilet in our home. They are kept in a crock (one like you put kitchen utensils in). I keep a mixture of old shampoo and water in it. You could use old body wash or bubble bath that you hate. Soap is soap as far as I am concerned.

8.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    What's with Sophia and her floral turtlenecks?? :blink:

Yes, she needs to put a cover on the comforter and wash the cover at least once a week since Edward has allergies.

She has a small washer so I don't think she washes comforters. We have a big washer so I wash pillows, comforters and blankets often. We don't even have allergies.

I see that she hasn't put the extenders on the dresser...

How come Sophia never opens windows when she cleans? Open the windows and get some fresh air. It's probably not that cold now in NJ to have the windows open for 30 minutes.

9. OtherwiseKnownAsWIR
        +1   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (Tilted_Lamp @ 16/5/2017, 15:41) 
    QUOTE (OtherwiseKnownAsWIR @ 15/5/2017, 18:15) 
    Ooer her hair does look odd.

She's definitely coloured it, because her grey patch at the front has gone but it's the wrong shade for her.

ETA: how many cabinets in that bathroom?!? Remove the white one, it's unnecessary! And how many soaps?!? Soap goes off too Sophia!

And cleaning the toilet with bubble bath... yeah that clears germs eh?

Flylady tells you you can use bubble bath to clean your toilet. And Diane is wrong with using a tea kettle with a little water to shine your sink. Flylady tells you to fill your sink to the brim with hot water then add Cup if bleach. I think flylady Diane didn't use that much water either as a demonstration or because she was conserving water. Sophia is probably doing other things wrong though. This is from the flylady email:

I keep a toilet bowl brush beside each toilet in our home. They are kept in a crock (one like you put kitchen utensils in). I keep a mixture of old shampoo and water in it. You could use old body wash or bubble bath that you hate. Soap is soap as far as I am concerned.

Bubble bath or shampoo won't kill toilet germs <<shudder>>. A lot of FlyLady's techniques are very old, her new book refreshes some of these old methods. To recommend using that much water to clean a sink in today's environment is a bit...hmmm, but I get what you are saying

QUOTE (HelloFriends! @ 16/5/2017, 16:25) 
    How come Sophia never opens windows when she cleans? Open the windows and get some fresh air. It's probably not that cold now in NJ to have the windows open for 30 minutes.

Haha I've been washing my duvets today!!

I agree, open the windows, shake the comforter outside, get the dead skin off it (especially if you don't use a cover on it!} and re-loft the stuffing.

10.     +3   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I felt bad for Willy. He is obviously a bit embarrassed? to have his room shown on YouTube and is cleaning it before Sophia comes in filming for the zone cleaning. I do hope she gets the boys consent to having their personal space filmed and doesn't demand it.

11.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I am surprised that Edward still allows her to film him. Also it has to be awkward to have your mom film you vacuuming.

12. OtherwiseKnownAsWIR
        +4   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (JackMcCoy @ 16/5/2017, 18:46) 
    I felt bad for Willy. He is obviously a bit embarrassed? to have his room shown on YouTube and is cleaning it before Sophia comes in filming for the zone cleaning. I do hope she gets the boys consent to having their personal space filmed and doesn't demand it.

I agree. Also I think she should leave Edward to clean his own room now, he's 15... give the boy some space.

13.     +1   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I seconds that. She needs to be creating these good habits with her kids too. Even Willy could be tasked with some age appropriate cleaning.

14. crazycatlady
        +1   Like  

User deleted

Drives me nuts how she is still doing the bulk of cleaning in Edward's room. He is more than old enough to change his bedding, dust, and so on. Hell, I was doing most of that by the time I was Willy's age. And maybe it will take a 10 year old or 15 year old longer to do the work and maybe their cleaning will not be as thorough as an adult's but they can still do it. Perhaps the Flylady's list for kids' rooms is not detailed because the details vary from child to child.

Why are there stains on Edward's walls? Make him clean them - the faceplates of outlets/light switches too.

15.     +2   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Don't forget she previously admitted if the kids cleaned their own rooms she would have less to video. It's all about the views.

889 replies since 17/3/2017, 22:29   47516 views