My Great Challenge - Part Deux

« Older   Newer »

1.     +5   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I know I'm a day behind but I don't understand her attitude towards guests vs her own children. Edward and William live in that house 365 days a year, but must use the "guest bathroom" and be forced to share a bedroom for ages to preserve a "guest bedroom"?! You'd think she fancies her house a bed and breakfast with all the ridiculous accommodations she's made for these non-existent guests.

Now she wants to turn the bathroom back into a kids bathroom - how does that work exactly with a middle schooler and a high schooler? You can't exactly decorate it for young kids now and teenage boys couldn't care less.

2. crazycatlady
        +3   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (JustAverageJane @ 5/17/2017, 01:23 AM) 
    Don't forget she previously admitted if the kids cleaned their own rooms she would have less to video. It's all about the views.

She would also have less to sound put-upon about.

3.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (heyheyheynow @ 5/17/2017, 02:18 AM) 
    I know I'm a day behind but I don't understand her attitude towards guests vs her own children. Edward and William live in that house 365 days a year, but must use the "guest bathroom" and be forced to share a bedroom for ages to preserve a "guest bedroom"?! You'd think she fancies her house a bed and breakfast with all the ridiculous accommodations she's made for these non-existent guests.

Now she wants to turn the bathroom back into a kids bathroom - how does that work exactly with a middle schooler and a high schooler? You can't exactly decorate it for young kids now and teenage boys couldn't care less.

Willie is still in elementary school. Sophia is delusional. She literally has no guests, no parties except mid-night Christmas dinner after the guests help out in the kitchen peeling potatoes etc. There were only 2 or 3 guests.

Didn't she say her in-laws were coming next month last month? So should they be visiting them by now?

ETA: She shouldn't film Edward's room even if he doesn't object. Give him his space and privacy. :angry:

4. OtherwiseKnownAsWIR
        +3   Like  

User deleted

It's funny all those years of Sophia telling us that she doesn't get home from work until 7:30pm or later every night... and how it's impossible to clean at all after work as there is no time.

...and in reality (from what she's shown us over the last 3 weeks) she gets home at or before 5pm most days. She takes her kid to karate two nights a week (where she sits and reads for an hour- how pleasant) and late nights are actually a rarity.

She's also able to fit in 15-30 minutes of cleaning every day without any stress (like we've always said was possible)

So, basically, all these years of her "great challenge" were (as we've always said) her just being disorganised and lazy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.. she's not the first working mom ever to live.

Edited by OtherwiseKnownAsWIR - 17/5/2017, 10:08

5. Oldgrumpywoman
        +1   Like  

User deleted

Flylady's lists are her own and she does say you will have to add what applies to you.

6.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I'm sorry she lost 2 pets in 2 days.
    Why is she having Willie to clean his room when he just lost 2 pets? He was almost in tears. He was probably crying between cleaning. She should've skipped one day or clean his room herself. I feel like she's doing it for the views. I feel bad for Willie. :cry:
    The kid just did 1 hour of karate and must be starving. Did she start dinner when they got home? Probably not...

once again she doesn't open the curtains and windows while cleaning... :doh-45:

ETA: Willie's goldfish died. It was 6 years old!

Edited by HelloFriends! - 5/17/2017, 05:06 PM

7. OtherwiseKnownAsWIR
        +2   Like  

User deleted

^^^not one of the dogs?!?

Oh the fish!

Poor Willy still has that fox in his bedroom. Why couldn't she clear out all her stuff?

She.Has.No.Idea.

If there is a highly used room, you attend to it on your weekly home blessing. You don't have to dust those shelves weekly.

Edited by OtherwiseKnownAsWIR - 17/5/2017, 17:16

8.     +5   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (OtherwiseKnownAsWIR @ 5/17/2017, 02:09 AM) 
    It's funny all those years of Sophia telling us that she doesn't get home from work until 7:30pm or later every night... and how it's impossible to clean at all after work as there is no time.

<respectively snipped>

So, basically, all these years of her "great challenge" were (as we've always said) her just being disorganised and lazy.

Yes, it's very interesting! And now she's managed to pull herself together for a few weeks and so was hilariously preachy in today's video. "You have to model the right behavior for the kids." We can only hope the world heeds Captain Obvious's advice! "Hey, guys, this can be done!" Now she's trying to tell us what we've been telling her all along. It's amazing the motivation that a few extra YT dollars can provide!

It's a little callous for Sophia to be laughing in today's video while she talks about Willie's fish having died. She could have been more respectful for Willie's sake. She talked about his fish and the family's cat dying as if she were merely updating us on the trashmen having forgotten to stop at their house.

Contrary to what Sophia said in a past video, I don't believe the show has to go on when there's been a death of a beloved family pet, especially when the show is Sophia's FlyLady YouTube show. That show can go on hiatus for a couple of days. She just doesn't want to interrupt her video schedule.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the boys clean their rooms on the weekends? I know Sophia doesn't want to do zone cleaning on the weekends, but it seems a little crazy to make Willie clean his room on a day where he's had school and karate and has homework to do.

How many times is she going to wear that incredibly ugly hillbilly shirt of hers? Is she throwing muffins at us?! LOL!

You'd think Sophia would take some time in this zone to try to remove the marks on the walls from the picture frames that used to hang there. Wasn't most of the stuff that she did in this video part of the weekly home blessing? I don't see where much detailed cleaning took place.

Did she make Willie get rid of those boxes on his nightstand ("That's clutter!") so that she could park her fox statue there?! Sure, get rid of his clutter so you can keep yours!

Willie is so cute and smart! He said, "This is like curling!" when he was mopping, LOL!

The fact that Sophia is instructing Willie on how to clean in this video proves that she's never had him clean anything before - and I guess he's never really witnessed her cleaning either, haha!

9.     +3   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I thought you said boxeRs, like his underwear was on the table and she filmed the "clutter." I had to re-read that word, lol.

10.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Tilted_Lamp @ 5/17/2017, 02:00 PM) 
    I thought you said boxeRs, like his underwear was on the table and she filmed the "clutter." I had to re-read that word, lol.

:c_laugh:

No, you mean this kind of boxer!

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fvetstreet-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2F5f%2Ffbf8309e9111e0a2380050568d634f%2Ffile%2FBoxer-4-645mk062111

11. OtherwiseKnownAsWIR
        +3   Like  

User deleted

^^^ that does look quite similar to her fox though

12. DustKitties
        +5   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (CheapAssMustard @ 5/17/2017, 06:15 PM) 
    It's a little callous for Sophia to be laughing in today's video while she talks about Willie's fish having died. She could have been more respectful for Willie's sake. She talked about his fish and the family's cat dying as if she were merely updating us on the trashmen having forgotten to stop at their house.

I have to agree. It bothered me that she was like this about Vesper. I've been watching her for 2-3 years and I wouldn't have expected her to act like she doesn't care. Scott liked the cat a lot better than the dogs, maybe it bothered him. I was devastated when our family cat died when I was 17, much less Willie's age.

I usually just lurk to read the comments but I joined just to say this.

13.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (DustKitties @ 5/17/2017, 08:02 PM) 
    I have to agree. It bothered me that she was like this about Vesper. I've been watching her for 2-3 years and I wouldn't have expected her to act like she doesn't care. Scott liked the cat a lot better than the dogs, maybe it bothered him. I was devastated when our family cat died when I was 17, much less Willie's age.

Welcome! I hope you'll stick around and post more.

As far as I'm concerned, it should be declared an international day of mourning whenever one of my cats passes away!

Sophia did seem sadder about Vesper's passing in yesterday's video, but not so much in today's video. She has shown more emotion over inanimate objects.

14.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (CheapAssMustard @ 5/18/2017, 02:33 AM) 
    QUOTE (DustKitties @ 5/17/2017, 08:02 PM) 

Welcome! I hope you'll stick around and post more.

As far as I'm concerned, it should be declared an international day of mourning whenever one of my cats passes away!

Sophia did seem sadder about Vesper's passing in yesterday's video, but not so much in today's video. She has shown more emotion over inanimate objects.

Welcome!

Do you guys remember Sophia was almost in tears while decluttering her kids homework from kindergarten? She couldn't bare to throw away their homework from kindergarten, not Mother's day cards or birthday cards!! yes, she definitely showed much more emotion at the thought of tossing homework vs her cat's sudden death... :wacko::angry:

^^from 30 bags 30 days videos

15. OtherwiseKnownAsWIR
        +3   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (CheapAssMustard @ 18/5/2017, 02:33) 

Ain't that the truth!

They've had pets that have died before haven't they? Because she put their ashes under the bookcases in the study, like a kind of time capsule for future owners.

Wonder if Sophia will open that up to put Vespar's ashes in there too? Or will she get an upgrade to a curio cabinet with a label on it?

QUOTE (HelloFriends! @ 18/5/2017, 03:15) 
    ...she definitely showed much more emotion at the thought of tossing homework vs her cat's sudden death... :wacko::angry:

Exactly.

889 replies since 17/3/2017, 22:29   47515 views