Shea Whitney

Basic Luxury Brat

« Older   Newer »

1.     +3   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Planning Karen Orchid’s 60th Birthday Party at The Lake Club!

Status
    Anonymous
    She has a lot of dislikes on her latest "I Ruined My Louis Vuitton Bag!" video. Spoiler: She whines about getting rain water marks on a Keepall 55 luggage weekend bag. It's essentially a travel bag. You shouldn't be worried about these things. I would never buy luggage with a designer logo. It's begging for strangers in foreign places or unethical airport employees to steal your stuff. The last thing you should do is draw attention to your financial status when you're traveling.

I think she lies about living in Pittsburgh. Her PO box is far out in the boonies and she had to get a hotel after the hockey game (which the tickets cost more than her used Louis Vuitton). I think that was less about date night/lets get a hotel and make it a special night and more about they live over an hour away.

2.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I am not familiar with her, Chance.

I will try to watch her later tonight or tomorrow and see.

I never travel with luxury that doesn't stay in my possession, like a carry on.

Otherwise, like you said, you are asking for it.

3. MsLynda
        +1   Like  

User deleted

Last time we flew, we were in 1st class and all bags had to be valet checked - no if's and's or but's. Out of our possession. And I was pissed! Flying is pathetic these days and getting worse!

4.     +4   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I recently discovered her. Basic and a brat is exactly how I would describe her. I am shocked she is a mother, she seems so immature and self involved!

Her videos are boring, no original content at all and her luxury items are all the basic starter kit. Nothing wrong with that but she acts like she has some amazing exclusive lux collection! She needs to just own it and be proud for what she has, instead of trying to pretend she is this lux connoisseur.

5.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I watched her a few times. She is pleasant enough. I didn't understand that last video and how she got water marks on the strap. Was it because it was vintage? I think she only used it for weekends and car trips. She works and seems to have a normal life. I was not a fan of her fashion videos, I wouldn't wear most of what she wears, but then again she's about 20 years younger than me? I think she said she got married right out of college and had kids right away.

6.     +1   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    She's a beautiful girl (although her darker hair was so much more lovely-- this new color looks tacky). She reminds me a bit of Megan Fox. Her husband is also very handsome and they seem to have a nice partnership. Both have solid jobs and seem to lead a nice life. She doesn't talk much about her kids so I often forget that she has them but she doesn't have a Mommy channel...can't knock her for that. From the outside, everything looks good. She is well-spoken but her delivery seems a bit aggressive. Cold? Not exactly arrogant but a bit harsh? She sounds like she's lecturing but she doesn't really have much knowledge. I get the sense that she's a mean girl/bitch in real life. Overly fixated with labels and trying to come across as wealthy and perfect (Michele1218 comes to mind).

If anyone gets confirmation on where she really lives, please share. I get wanting to use a PO that protects your privacy but no one would want to drive over an hour back and forth to check their mail.

7.     +3   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I agree that her delivery is too aloof. I just don't find anything unique about her or her channel. Same old basic LV and rehashing info and reviews we have seen thousands of times before. With so many luxury YT channels these days, you need to have a niche, either your personality is amazing or your collection is.

Maybe it's just me but I am bored of the same old basic suburban girls/women buying exactly the same luxury stuff all their YT friends do.

8. #NotSponsored
        +2   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (zizizouzou @ 6/16/2017, 04:20 PM) 
    I agree that her delivery is too aloof. I just don't find anything unique about her or her channel. Same old basic LV and rehashing info and reviews we have seen thousands of times before. With so many luxury YT channels these days, you need to have a niche, either your personality is amazing or your collection is.

Maybe it's just me but I am bored of the same old basic suburban girls/women buying exactly the same luxury stuff all their YT friends do.

This is why I don't watch her channel. There's nothing too offensive about her (yet) but she doesn't have a great, funny, warm, or unique personality. Just another girl who watched YouTube, started one, and now buys a bag every week to keep up with the joneses and do reveals, sprinkled in with occasional Nordstrom hauls for rstyle clicks.

Also, per the earlier conversation on her, it should be pretty easy to find out if she actually lives by her PO box or out in the country if anyone knows her real last name. I assume Whitney is her middle name? Maybe I'm wrong. I do like that she doesn't put her kids on camera. They aren't babies and we didn't go through her "pregnancy journey" with her, so there's no need for it. It wouldn't add anything. I appreciate that.

9.     +3   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    The husband seems a little...fruity. He's a great looking guy but he comes across as a bit frilly. Not sure on their last name. Haven't dug around much. It looks like she might have a separate social media/IG for her personal life because she doesn't seem to follow any real friends or family. She never shares pictures of her family on IG. Maybe she's one of those people who isn't active online except when it comes to promoting her hustle. That's a rare breed.

10.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    She's definitely boring and she doesn't really have an amazing collection. I don't know where she really fits in.
    One would think she had a huge luxury collection. If she does, she doesn't mention it. I think she's got the
    basics only which is fine but don't act so badly. It doesn't make me want to watch her.

11.     +4   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    It drives me nuts when American YouTubers throw out UK terminology. "High Street" is never used in Pittsburgh or wherever it is that she really lives. Stop trying to be someone you're not. The entire luxury community is so desperate. The vast majority aren't even wealthy but thirsty to be perceived as such. I love nice things as well but I would be embarrassed to devote my entire channel to label whoring. People with real taste look beyond the logo.

12.     +1   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    She included the LV Delightfull in her tote bag video? That is not a tote bag, it's a hobo bag! Some people said so in the comments too. She included it because she had it so wanted to show it!

And what is a the point of doing a 'best tote bag video' and feature bags she did not own? How does she know they are good tote bags then?

For me, the whole point of the video was to brag about her collection and plant link$ in her subscribers devices.

She is fast learning the rules of how to be a shady YTer I see!

13.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Chance86_ @ 18/6/2017, 11:46) 
    It drives me nuts when American YouTubers throw out UK terminology. "High Street" is never used in Pittsburgh or wherever it is that she really lives. Stop trying to be someone you're not. The entire luxury community is so desperate. The vast majority aren't even wealthy but thirsty to be perceived as such. I love nice things as well but I would be embarrassed to devote my entire channel to label whoring. People with real taste look beyond the logo.

Omg I was going to post the same thing. She uses the term high street all the time. So stupid. She prob doesn't even get what that really refers to.

Her collection is minimal which is fine but she's trying to be a luxury Guru and she just doesn't fit the bill!! She and her husband seem like average people..

14.     +2   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I think there's something off with people like Wendy S The Loving Fifty and Leo Lion as well. I'm not so sure either of them are wealthy. They both live in average looking homes. It seems like they recently married guys who are doing pretty well for themselves and are using their paycheck as disposable income to impress their "YouTube sisters." It's bizarre. No one needs that much Louis Vuitton. If I had that amount of money to toss around, I'd be traveling to Europe as often as possible and buying a variety of pieces, not the same damn monogram speedy in 87 similar models.

Mel in Melbourne and Fashion Filth are some of the only ones I've come across who astound me with how much money they really have. I certainly don't think you need to be a millionaire to enjoy luxury but it comes as across as extremely desperate when designers are all you talk about but you're middle class.

15.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Leo lion lives in San Francisco, one of the most expensive cities in the country. It might seem like an average home but I'm sure it is cheap! The one thing I really dislike about Leo Lion and Wendy specifically is the constant buy and sell of items. I'm not an impulse buyer and everything I buy I intend to keep. I understand buying something and it not working out so you sell it, but with them it's all the time. Wendy just did a video about it and I was shocked at how many bags she has bought just to turn around and sell within a few months.

842 replies since 31/5/2017, 05:31   207997 views