Lydia Elise Millen

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    On a salt bed in Italy ducking flying muffins.

Status
    Anonymous
    Moving over from the Pretty Shiny Sparkly (Kristina Braly) thread.

about 8 hours ago 1 user liked this
    Chance86_

I thought it was hilarious that LEM's hot doctor scheduled her procedure for 8 o'clock at night, lol! He wanted to save his favorite patient and shining YouTube moment for the end of the day. I bet he asked her out for drinks. Too bad she's engaged to the UK's answer to Brett Bybel.
    about 8 hours ago
    seabassJr

Anybody interested in starting an LEM thread? She and Caroline Hirons are currently in a twitter catfight.
    about 8 hours ago 4 users liked this
    Chance86_

Meow, lol. Go right ahead. She's getting married so there will be lots of opinions to throw around.
    about 8 hours ago
    NoMaleHeirLikeJen

QUOTE (seabassJr @ 25/6/2017, 20:58)
    Anybody interested in starting an LEM thread? She and Caroline Hirons are currently in a twitter catfight.

Who is Caroline? What are they fighting about?
    about 7 hours ago
    seabassJr

QUOTE (NoMaleHeirLikeJen @ 25/6/2017, 21:25)
    QUOTE (seabassJr @ 25/6/2017, 20:58)

Who is Caroline? What are they fighting about?

She's a U.K. blogger with a big skincare following. Lydia tweeted out that more brands should allow influencers' teams to travel with them and Caroline said that meant she wasn't a "blogger." The whole conversation degenerated into Lydia refusing to back down from her comment and Caroline essentially calling her an entitled brat. There was definitely a pretty rough pile-on by the community (it seems Lydia's snobbery over time hasn't won her any friends) and now Lydia is claiming bullying.
    about 7 hours ago 1 user liked this
    NoMaleHeirLikeJen

Wow!
    about 7 hours ago
    seabassJr

Mods, can you start us a Lydia Elise Millen thread? I don't want to blow anything up accidentally.
    about 7 hours ago
    LucilleFay

Thanks Bougie.
    about 7 hours ago
    Chance86_

I'm pretty sure anyone can make a thread. I've started a bunch :)

That's completely ridic to be given all of these luxury trips and then demand to have a "team" with you?! Who the hell do you think you are?! These influencers went from girls in their bedrooms filming about their genuine love for beauty and fashion to B-grade models and actresses who prostitute themselves to whichever brand is currently paying the bills. There is no loyalty so how the hell can they influence me when they're pushing a different competitor every day of the week.
    about 7 hours ago 1 user liked this
    seabassJr

Should we put LEM here under "Makeup Ladies," or "British Vloggers," or "Lifestyle and Crafts"?
    about 6 hours ago

So on top of this the twitter drama, I am sure Lydia's (only) friend Carrie quitting what sounded like a job she loved at ASOS and going to work for Lydia is going to end in disaster. In fact, I wonder if the two of them had grand plans of going to all of Lydia's events and trips together, which may have prompted Lydia's original tweet.

2.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    So on top of this the twitter drama, I am sure Lydia's (only) friend Carrie quitting what sounded like a job she loved at ASOS and going to work for Lydia is going to end in disaster. In fact, I wonder if the two of them had grand plans of going to all of Lydia's events and trips together, which may have prompted Lydia's original tweet.

3. LucilleFay
        +1   Like  

User deleted

I love a good Twitter fight and British drama.

Just getting acquainted with Lydia. Interesting to see this woman Kristina worships.

4.     +2   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Planning Karen Orchid’s 60th Birthday Party at The Lake Club!

Status
    Anonymous
    LEM is very pretty and seems sweet. Her IG reads like a super model or mega celebrity. Good for her. But she strikes me as very materialistic, a bit naive and in love with her own reflection. From now on, I'm referring to these "social media/beauty influencers" as brand prostitutes.

5.     +1   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I find her giggling (?) annoying in her videos. And I find her style boring. Neutral classic every time zzzzzz.

6.     +1   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    A $500 dress, $3000 bags, luxury trips every other week, private planes. These influencers aren't relateable anymore. I can't even call it aspirational bc they're not doing these things on their own dime. It's all paid for and product placement.

7.     +4   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    What annoys me most about Lydia is the deception. She doesn't have to disclose discounts, so she doesn't. It's clear net a porter and all those other websites she just happens to mention on the regular are giving her massively discounted items.

The second thing is the huge inconsistencies in her claims about her upbringing. On the one hand she talks about a family home in Florida and then claims she is grateful for all her sponsored trips because she never had the opportunity to travel as a kid. Then she'll mention everyone in her family wore Cartier watches so they're so sentimental to her and talk about how her dad bought her Gucci sunglasses at 16, but then claims she came from nothing and everything she has is because she did it all on her own.

8.     Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (deltaburkefan @ 26/6/2017, 11:23) 
    I find her giggling (?) annoying in her videos. And I find her style boring. Neutral classic every time zzzzzz.

Oh not *every* time. She shows up around 1:42. Snicker.

9. LucilleFay

User deleted

Is that her in that video?

I have only watched a couple of her videos and she mentioned how fortunate she was as a child to travel, they had a place in Florida, her parents may have taken her to the Caribbean, she can't remember. She seemed to be trying to give the impression she came from a privileged background. At least that was my first impression.

10.     +1   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I watched her handbag collection and it seems like the majority of what she owns was gifted to her. The bag Net-a-Porter sent her for the engagement is hideous. Tags still on it. Sometimes she comes across as down-to-Earth and other times she gives off arrogant vibes. Kristina Braly of course had to copy the LV "workout" bag. There is a difference between working hard for things in life and being born with commercially good looks that brands want to prostitute. She's where she is because of what she looks like.

That music video reads like a parody! Lol! Oh my.

11. LucilleFay

User deleted

Brand prostitutes totally fits.

12.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Exactly! If you came from nothing or came from wealth, it's equally fine. Everyone has a different perspective or story to tell when it comes to their relationship with luxury items. But don't lie about it! Lydia is obnoxious particularly because she tries to sell herself both ways - she's a classy old money but a real girl who worked for everything. Pick a lane, Lydia! Ideally the truth.

My guess is, her extended family are European immigrants some of whom made decent money. Her particular branch didn't have a ton but was comfortable. At some point in her teens, at least one of her parents (they're divorced) went through some hard times or she had a period of rebellion so was "on her own" financially. The sad part is, NEITHER of her stories is true (old money or working her way on her own from nothing).

She's an average basic lower-to-mid middle class girl. She's, at her core, completely uninteresting but has a face and figure that show clothes very well on social media.

QUOTE (LucilleFay @ 26/6/2017, 17:35) 
    Is that her in that video?

Sure is. She's admitted to it on twitter after someone posted it but jokingly tried to play it off: "that was 8 years ago!"

Girl has always been thirsty. She's just rebranded from faux footballer wife to luxury lady.

13.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    FINALLY an LEM thread. I liked her enough to watch her up until Christmas. I don't care for anyone's Vlogmas, but even Alana Davison stopped watching her around that time (she let's it all out at the end of her latest Periscope). I don't care that you have luxury handbags and shoes. I don't care that you are conventionally attractive in a way that makes it easy for you to get brand and viewer attention. What I don't appreciate is her way of "omitting the truth", then getting caught, then playing the victim. That just doesn't sit well with me. All of these YouTubers are narcissistic and competitive (despite all the "girl gang" BS). But instead of owning up to her lies and inconsistencies, LEM plays the victim, blocks her "haters" then goes off on a Twitter tirade. She's supposedly a professional (that's why she needs professional photographers to accompany her on brand trips you guys 😂), but no actual self-respecting professional would air their grievances on such a public platform. Then she has the audacity to claim she's being bullied without taking any responsibility for posting something people with a bullshit meter will have an opinion on. She's entitled and an idiot for thinking that the thoughts she puts on Twitter won't attract dissenters. If she's such a professional, she needs to learn to take some constructive criticism and engage with the world in a way that shows a higher degree of emotional intelligence.

14.     +2   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I am so glad to see a thread on LEM. I dislike her so much. Mostly because of the lies and the lack of disclosure like some of you have already pointed out.

She has a very active thread on GG but I never use that site anymore (it never blooming works!).

She's been thirsty for fame and money for years. She tried to get famous as a fitness IGer and when that didn't work she tried her luck as a style/ Lux YTer and it worked.

I saw pics of her in GG and she used to look like absolute white trash( in the UK we call them Chavs). She looks nice now but she had a lot of work done over the years so that is manufactured to. Everything about her is manufactured, her looks, her style, her social media persona.

I'm not a fan Caroline H either but I loved how she put LEM in her place!

15.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (zizizouzou @ 26/6/2017, 22:42) 
    I am so glad to see a thread on LEM. I dislike her so much. Mostly because of the lies and the lack of disclosure like some of you have already pointed out.

She has a very active thread on GG but I never use that site anymore (it never blooming works!).

She's been thirsty for fame and money for years. She tried to get famous as a fitness IGer and when that didn't work she tried her luck as a style/ Lux YTer and it worked.

I saw pics of her in GG and she used to look like absolute white trash( in the UK we call them Chavs). She looks nice now but she had a lot of work done over the years so that is manufactured to. Everything about her is manufactured, her looks, her style, her social media persona.

I'm not a fan Caroline H either but I loved how she put LEM in her place!

I honestly go back and forth with Hirons. I think she's unnecessarily brash and I don't take her skincare advice as gospel, but I appreciate her disclosures. LEM could learn a thing or two. I can't get over how every single LEM Instagram post is an ad, though. Even if she doesn't explicitly say it is, it is. Hirons was right, LEM does live in a fantasy world.

166 replies since 26/6/2017, 04:01   97982 views