Swipe Up! For More Target Hauls & Bachelor Recaps!

« Older   Newer »

1. BeachBunnie
        +3   Like  

User deleted

Credit to Mumbles for the title!! :applause05:

2.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Love the title. :snickering:

3. PillPoppinSkank
        +3   Like  

User deleted

Well done!

What do you all find more annoying- Like It To Know It or swipe up? I hate the whole Reward Style likeit thing personally.

4. Mumbles McBabyHands
        +3   Like  

User deleted

I actually DO swipe up sometimes when something on someone’s Instastories catches my eye. I’ve even made purchases from doing so. I refuse to “ liketoknowit” though. That craps annoying.

I never go to their blogs either! I hate the blogs!

5.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I hate Reward Style more. Just tell me where it’s from so I can look at it for pete’s sake. But I’m seriously starting to loathe every IGer who constantly puts RStyle or Swiping up on everything, it makes me feel like I’m just a dollar sign.

6.     +6   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Planning Karen Orchid’s 60th Birthday Party at The Lake Club!

Status
    Anonymous
    IMG_0592

I find Like to Know It the dumbest name ever and a totally stupid app that puts an extra step in link whoring. I will never use it. I want to screenshot in private, thanks. With that being said, Swipe Up has ruined Insta Stories. I just want to genuinely see what's new in your life, not be sold a cheap necklace every single time I click your story!

7. PillPoppinSkank
        +1   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (Mumbles McBabyHands @ 2/7/2018, 02:26 AM) 
    I actually DO swipe up sometimes when something on someone’s Instastories catches my eye. I’ve even made purchases from doing so. I refuse to “ liketoknowit” though. That craps annoying.

I never go to their blogs either! I hate the blogs!

I have swiped up and made purchases too. It is so much easier than needing a special app.

8.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I swipe up, look at it and if it’s someone I don’t like that much and don’t want to give them credit I go buy it on my work computer.

9.     +1   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    It's a good question.

In real life, assuming I already had the intention to buy a specific item, I'm all too happy for the sales associate to get the commission. If they ring me through, it's straight forward. And if they don't, I make sure I let the person at cash know who helped me. I think I don't mind it in real life because there was a personal, one on one interaction.

When Erin Busbee gave me suggestions on some items via email, I also felt comfortable and willing to use her links in that instance but as it turned out, shipping to Canada was not cost effective and we had the same stores here.

But there is something about like to know it, affiliate links and swiping up that rubs me the wrong way. Even if I like someone, I don't use links if they are part of a general blast aimed at any and all of their followers.

10.     Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I bought the buried baubles Marnie showed on her IG without swiping up. I just went to the Bauble Bar website and found them there.

11. PillPoppinSkank
        +2   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (LateKate @ 2/7/2018, 04:53 AM) 
    I bought the buried baubles Marnie showed on her IG without swiping up. I just went to the Bauble Bar website and found them there.

That is the way to go. I would never swipe up for that wench.

12.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I do not like the like it to know it. I tried it once and it was a pain and didn’t even find the right shirt

13.     +1   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    I just hate all this linking because I think to myself do they really think these outfits they are wearing are really great and trendy and the quality really worth the price? Or they just saying that because they will make back the money it cost for them to buy it plus more or will sell it later on poshmark after linking so t doesn't matter to them anyways. I have bought some items after seeing these so called beauty bloggers who have claimed to be wearing great quality items and been very disappointed for what I paid. Which was probably triple what they ended up paying for it. I worked hella hard for my six figure salary and I'm not letting these link whores rip me off again while sitting on their asses!!

14.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I know what you mean, instastories is so disappointing when it’s just a link to a shirt or something

QUOTE (Chance86_ @ 7/2/2018, 02:40) 
    IMG_0592

I find Like to Know It the dumbest name ever and a totally stupid app that puts an extra step in link whoring. I will never use it. I want to screenshot in private, thanks. With that being said, Swipe Up has ruined Insta Stories. I just want to genuinely see what's new in your life, not be sold a cheap necklace every single time I click your story!

15. PillPoppinSkank

User deleted

QUOTE (hp3 @ 2/7/2018, 09:50 PM) 

You are so right. The name is horrible and just irritating. I also agree that swiping has ruined Instagram stories. Swiping is like the only reason anyone does a story now. I'd love to know the stats on how many stories are taken each day across Instagram that are filmed in front of a mirror with a swipe up at the bottom.

889 replies since 7/2/2018, 01:23   89591 views