Swipe Up! For More Target Hauls & Bachelor Recaps!

« Older   Newer »

1.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Addie is on Nick's insurance. She explained it in the blog post linked above. She also explained that they're going to donate what isn't used toward's addie's treatments to a child who's going thru something similar.

Her and dan are in Mexico at the beach rn without the kids. That bothers me more than accepting the fundraiser money. The baby is still BFing exclusively, right? I'm sure addie is fine, but it would bug me so bad if I went on a vacay while my kid has cancer and is actively going thru treatments.

2. Mouflette
        +4   Like  

User deleted

I haven't watched M in yrs. Just scanned the blog and it appears her daughter is on a 3 week break from her treatments. Michele is always by her side, a good mom and Mexico is a long weekend trip. She has a lot of family support plus Addie's Dad helps a lot. Sounds good to me. Why not take a break if you can? It's must be crazy stressful. I can only imagine. I'm not a huge fan or anything.

3.     +3   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    She mentioned in a video they have a summer trip to Disney planned already. That doesn’t bother me as much. Addie can use te break, but I just think about families that rely on two incomes and with one parent unable to work at the hospital, they definitely struggle. Add to that hotel stays, copayments and lab tests not covered by insurance. Why give that money to someone who has so much to throw around?!

4.     +2   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    I know she said they may have to use the money down the road and will donate unused funds. That is ridiculous. While she is sitting on these funds that could be used to help someone else now, she is also going around buying luxury handbags and living a pretty nice life filled with new makeup,clothes, jewelry mixed in with vacations for two. Working in healthcare I have first hand seen what some of these families go through and a lot are not as fortunate as Michele is with her insurance coverage. It just looks really bad to me to not give those funds now to someone that needs it. She obviously feels she has disposable income to spend anyways so if the need arises she can help pay for medical costs to. Why doesn't she create her own emergency funds in case the need arises? She can take the money shes using on all these purchases like her new Chloe bag. I mean give me a break you are going through something huge and draining,I know but clearly she just likes to spend money all the time and this is NOT just a "pick me up" purchase for her. I'm not saying she needs to sell all her prized possessions for this but she is living in enough luxuries that she should not be holding on to money raised in the name of childhood cancers that she does not need.

5. Mouflette

User deleted

I don't see a problem at all. Michele is a good mom. I can't imagine going through all of this with your child.

6.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    It seems like the blog post was damage control. I wonder if someone commented to her about the fundraiser (not from here, but in general) or if they still lurk here.

Whether it's her job to support her family or whatever, it's not a good look to keep the money and also be buying luxury bags. I agree, why not give the money to a family now? No she shouldn't have to walk around in rags and be a martyr, but imagine donating to Addie's fund and seeing Michele talk about buying something that expensive right after? It's things like this that really make me question her.

7.     +1   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    They had a fundraiser for her daughter and now they are spending a couples weekend in Mexico? That looks bad. REALLY BAD.

I don’t think she would misuse the funds raised and she probably will pass those funds on to someone who needs them if they aren’t used by them for medical expenses. However, not everyone knows them. This wouldn’t go down well with me if I had donated to a family in need and then the parents go out of the country for a couples weekend. They should have waited on this. It’s in very poor taste.

8. PillPoppinSkank
        +9   Like  

User deleted

If she was given a stack of money from a charity like St. Jude's or if Michele started a GoFundMe or something when she didn't even need the money for treatments then I would say to give it back or not accept it, but these were friends who wanted to raise money for Addie. In this case, I think it was just a nice thing that people who care about Addie and Nick wanted to do to show their love and support. If the money goes toward a trip to Disney to make that little girl happy, I am sure that those who donated are more than happy about the use of the money.

9. BeachBunnie
        +5   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (PillPoppinSkank @ 3/3/2018, 11:46 AM) 
    If she was given a stack of money from a charity like St. Jude's or if Michele started a GoFundMe or something when she didn't even need the money for treatments then I would say to give it back or not accept it, but these were friends who wanted to raise money for Addie. In this case, I think it was just a nice thing that people who care about Addie and Nick wanted to do to show their love and support. If the money goes toward a trip to Disney to make that little girl happy, I am sure that those who donated are more than happy about the use of the money.

I couldn’t agree with this more!!! :applause05:

10. Mouflette
        +2   Like  

User deleted

Yes! Good points Pill. Totally agree. I just don't see a problem with the way M is going about this.

11.     Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Mouflette @ 3/3/2018, 02:13) 
    I don't see a problem at all. Michele is a good mom. I can't imagine going through all of this with your child.

I don’t see a problem with her going away for the weekend. I think we can all agree she’s a good mom and deserves a break. However, selling T-shirts to raise funds for her daughter’s medical bills (in the event they MiGHT need them in the future) while buying expensive handbags is really tacky, and quite frankly almost abusive.
    Attached Image
    285C1050-1CD7-4D4C-9032-90D1EFC10C5B

12.     Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    And
    Attached Image
    37B5CCF9-02D3-4C2A-A3CE-3AF87CB12B63

13.     +6   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    FWIW, the trip is an annual S&D sponsored thing for their top sellers. Michele and Dan aren't paying for anything.

14.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (joli139 @ 3/3/2018, 19:00) 
    QUOTE (Mouflette @ 3/3/2018, 02:13) 

I don’t see a problem with her going away for the weekend. I think we can all agree she’s a good mom and deserves a break. However, selling T-shirts to raise funds for her daughter’s medical bills (in the event they MiGHT need them in the future) while buying expensive handbags is really tacky, and quite frankly almost abusive.

SHE didn't sell tshirts or fundraiser any money. Nick's friends, who are wrestling coaches at the 2 schools that were competing against each other that night, were the ones who thought up and executed the whole ordeal. If it wasn't them, I doubt any sort of fundraising would've went on if it was up to Michele. She has never reached out for money or any other sort of assistance besides asking for thoughts/prayers/good vibes/whatever you want to call it.

QUOTE (fiercelyprivate @ 3/3/2018, 19:10) 
    FWIW, the trip is an annual S&D sponsored thing for their top sellers. Michele and Dan aren't paying for anything.

Are you sure? She hadn't mentioned s&d at all when she was talking about it. She made it seem like they out of the blue booked a trip to there as a couples thing.

Poor dan tho. He got nauseous on the boat yesterday and got a bit red. He did not look like he was enjoying himself very much.

15.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    That IS tacky. It’s completely ok to say “we appreciate the offer but we are ok financially” or have the fundraiser and donate the money or have a fundraiser down the line if it is needed. My niece had cancer when she was two and this is what my beat friends (her parents) did (donated the money) because her dad is an architect and they have a lot of support from the church. I realize everyone handles everything differently but that is disappointing.

889 replies since 7/2/2018, 01:23   89591 views