Cheap Crafty Girl Pt. 9: Scamming dimwitted Stans into thinking she's YouTube’s Jesus

« Older   Newer »

1.     +3   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Nightshade SugarPuff @ 22/5/2018, 17:23) 
    6F836404-787A-46D8-A24D-FFEC5BAB5698

ERMAGERD!!!

2.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group
    Fascinating my stans with my tooth brushing prowess

Status
    I regret having been banned from her IG because I obviously miss out on so much material. ☹️

There's stuff from Easter on the shelves during her recent vlog video trip to DT. Way to stay current and relevant CCG! And her "wha...........t" comments are starting to get to me. In the Krispy Kreme-related footage, the sweater (actual sweater) she's wearing has two big holes on the right shoulder. And can she never pack a lunch or make a smoothie at home? What a huge waste of $. Plus, she doesn't like iced coffee "at all" but wastes more $ buying one and "forces" herself to drink it because she apparently loves the sound it makes swirling in the cup. OK. That sounds completely legit. 😏

So for a bit of a departure from the majority opinion here, I actually like her boots. While they do look kind of like something cos-play-esque, styled correctly, which I'm sure CCG cannot do, they would be really cute. I'm super tall and don't wear that high of a heel, so I always admire boots with higher heels on shorter women. When we've seen shots of CCG's closet, I see she has a lot of cute shoes in there. By her own admission, they're cheap, but if you're fickle like she is, I guess not paying a lot for shoes/clothes is a system. Not mine, mind you. Along the same lines of departure from the norm here...I was surprised to hear CCG speaking positively and promoting another YTer's channel. Weren't you guys? I kind of wonder what the motive is. Perhaps she picked up on something she read here?! 😉

I think she is trying to add some ASMR qualities to her videos with the excessive crinkling of the plastic straw wrappers at the smoothie place. I notice she does it a lot at DT and folks have commented about that in the past. I know this sounds superficial and it's probably because I've had braces (as an adult) but I have a hard time with her teeth.

3.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Hi ya, Pastry Chef. Marie admitted she was going to be using “old footage” that she shot in April because....well, it was already in the can and she kinda HAD to put up something. Then she went and promoted the fact that she was going to put up videos Mon, Wed, Fri and maybe on the weekend. So with that added pressure, she decided to just throw together that “shop with me nothing burger.” I wanted to smack her when she was complaining about the Krispy Kreame doughnuts since we all know her discerning taste. :thumbs-up: 🤨 What planet does she live on?? Krispy Kreame doughnuts are amazing, especially if they come straight off the conveyer belt, hot and sugary. Swoon...... but she has pronounced them just so-so. Her loss. LOL. This video was done prior to the big announcement that she intends to eat healthy from now on. Not sure what she was gobbling while watching Miss USA. Probably organic chocolate raisinettes. 😜

So I decided to check out this new found YouTuber she is so gaga about. Lauren Blair in London. She swooned over her editing skills and described her as “so sweet”. First, her English accent is so heavy I had a lot of difficulty understanding most of what she said. And second, her videography skills were some of the worst I’ve seen. She took a day trip to Paris and aimed her camera toward the Eiffel Tower & she only lingered just long enough to see that it was the Eiffel Tower but that was it. It truly was awful. And when videoing herself she cut the top half of her head off of the frame about 90% of the time. She did the same thing at the Tower. Barely kept it in the frame. Soooo annoying. Some of her fashion videos appeared to be videoed by someone else so maybe that is what CCG was so impressed with?? Still, they were not great. Just okay. But the stuff Lauren herself videoed was awful.

As a side note, Lauren did mention putting up more videos....Mon, Wed and Friday. Apologized for being absent so much lately and was sooo excited to be back. She also talked about eating better and showed her shopping haul.....food. Sounded a LOT like CCG. No junk, eat organic, etc. So maybe this is where CCG got the latest ideas?

4.     +1   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Start thinking about thread titles!

5.     +3   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (IDon'tEatSugar @ 5/22/2018, 09:22 PM) 

Booger Toilet Water Hands because it makes me laugh :mocking_smiley_emoticon:

6.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (IDon'tEatSugar @ 5/22/2018, 02:22 PM) 

Miss NOT USA, but Miss Toilet Water Hands.

7.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    "Maybe you should put some shorts on or something if you want to keep fighting evil today."

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (IDon'tEatSugar @ 5/22/2018, 03:22 PM) 

I attribute this one to Leye Rolling from a few posts back...

Cheap Crafty Girl: Scraping the Bottom of the DIY Barrel since 2012

or if we add Booger Fingers, then...

Cheap Crafty Girl: Scraping the Bottom of the DIY Barrel with Her Dirty Booger Fingers Since 2012

8.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    7455E954-AE66-4B82-8BB5-4A346F7E7996

I’ll be happy with any of the choices for title bc they all crack me up.

ETA: Krispy Kreme doughnuts are awesome, I agree!!! And the chocolate is supposed to taste like that, (cough) Marie, just like Hershey’s chocolate tastes different from Dove chocolate that tastes different from Godiva chocolate...! The texture is probably from the size of the sugar crystals. It doesn’t matter. All flavors are just awesome.
    :big-drooling-smiley-emoticon:

Edited by Nightshade SugarPuff - 5/23/2018, 12:59 AM

9.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    In bed waiting for my house ghost to undress me

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Snackin&Snarkin @ 22/5/2018, 22:23) 
    QUOTE (IDon'tEatSugar @ 5/22/2018, 03:22 PM) 

I attribute this one to Leye Rolling from a few posts back...

Cheap Crafty Girl: Scraping the Bottom of the DIY Barrel since 2012

or if we add Booger Fingers, then...

Cheap Crafty Girl: Scraping the Bottom of the DIY Barrel with Her Dirty Booger Fingers Since 2012

I vote for the second one with the booger fingers

10. eclecticmania
        +5   Like  

User deleted

Watch the vlog on hooktube; not worth watching any other way. I had to skip through a lot. I'm bored of her. She is not relevant, nor has her content been relevant for a long time. I watch other dollar tree videos and they have no problem whatsoever putting out current, up to date content; not just hauling crap from Dollar Tree either; and they all work and all have young children. They do not come up with excuses; bump up their views by using 6 computers; nor do they have multiple fake accounts; nor do they scam. I do not have to listen to them say, If I feel like it I will post. They do nothing to irk the viewer, they just happily post. Watch Auntie Coo Coo; she is anything but dramatic, fake, scamming. Also, Nicole Burgess, watch her. Chahcha cakes is okay. She has a bit of attitude, but she is okay.

11.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    New IG stories (which she constantly calls snaps 🙄)—she’s talking about getting up videos for this week & maybe even an extra video on Thursday! Plus she has an idea for a video, but maybe it’s not something she should do. So is it cooking? Eating healthy? Giving medical advice? Dealing with her hair? Planning? Crafting? I could keep guessing, but as we all know, it could be LITERALLY anything.

12.     +4   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Well, you know, gurrrrls, the anticipation will be “literally” too much. Like, should she not even do this forbidden idea because it belongs to another YTer? (tee hee) Or not do it because it’s her own idea?

Now that Marie has informed everyone she is high IQ, why doesn’t she get the big clue that lighting is not her first reason she doesn’t do many Planner videos. Nope, that craft room is too junky. It’s nit even a room anymore; it’s just craft items every flipping where. Clean it up, Marie, and do like so many other crafters and buy a crafting light for your desk/table. It’s not a novel idea. Sorry, but it’s not available at DT. Some crafters have zero light because they have zero windows in their craft room, and it works fine for them.

1A482F8D-3AF0-439C-859B-DE300EC6F618

13.     +3   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    A long time ago I found a nice craft work light at Big Lots for under $30. And Joann’s puts craft lights on sale regularly. No excuses for CCG. She is good at mentioning how crappy her lighting is but does absolutely nothing to improve it. Here’s an idea. Do a search on Youtube for how to set up an inexpensive lighting system for your video area. Or just stop mentioning it if you don’t intend to do anything about it. If your content is worth anything your subscribers won’t care about your lighting or lack of it. Duh.

14. skillet60
        +1   Like  

User deleted

LMAO @ That SCREENSHOT!! I don't post often but read them all. That picture though...I can't decide if it reminds me of a 12 year old on Christmas morning getting the tacky boots of her dreams or a ghoulish apparition in a bad horror movie. It took me forever to get the tears out of my eyes to post this after laughing till I choked.

15.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    "Maybe you should put some shorts on or something if you want to keep fighting evil today."

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Nightshade SugarPuff @ 23/5/2018, 05:20) 
    Well, you know, gurrrrls, the anticipation will be “literally” too much. Like, should she not even do this forbidden idea because it belongs to another YTer? (tee hee) Or not do it because it’s her own idea?

Now that Marie has informed everyone she is high IQ, why doesn’t she get the big clue that lighting is not her first reason she doesn’t do many Planner videos. Nope, that craft room is too junky. It’s nit even a room anymore; it’s just craft items every flipping where. Clean it up, Marie, and do like so many other crafters and buy a crafting light for your desk/table. It’s not a novel idea. Sorry, but it’s not available at DT. Some crafters have zero light because they have zero windows in their craft room, and it works fine for them.

1A482F8D-3AF0-439C-859B-DE300EC6F618

Whatever her mysterious idea is, it will probably end up being a major dud...IF she ever follows through and actually completes something.

You are so right about the lighting issue, Nightshade. You can get craft lights at Hobby Lobby, Michael's, just about any bigger retailer that sells crafty stuff. Heck, there are tutorials on YouTube re: how to create your own lighting from lamps, clip lights, etc.

Excuses are the name of the game with Crappy Girl. There's always some reason why she can't do what she says she'll do...cheer meetings, too busy at work, doesn't have the right materials, blah, blah, blah.

I understand why you feel the way you do, Eclecticmania. She's not worth watching. I continue to keep an eye on her doings only because I'm convinced that if no one calls her on her crap then she'll go back to pre-Snotfest levels of scamming.

I've noticed that she's been way more conservative with her tags lately. I'm hoping it's because YouTube finally got wind of her false tags and took her to task over it. Was it because we called her out on it here? We'll probably never know.

There are so many YouTubers who are a million times more enjoyable to watch than Crappy Marie. I like Auntie CooCoo and Nicole Burgess too. Some others I watch are Rymingtahn & Jennifer Mowan. There's another channel called Cherished Treasures that mostly shows crafty "shop with me" videos that I enjoy.

I think the mistake that many small to medium YouTubers make is thinking that they have to start vlogging. Some of them either don't have the personality for it or can't come up with enough quality content to support a vlogging channel.

ETA: Grammy, you were way ahead of me. I'm as slow as a snail when "typing" on my phone. My kids complain about it all the time. 😜

Edited by Snackin&Snarkin - 5/23/2018, 12:09 AM

886 replies since 8/4/2018, 17:10   71863 views