The Home Edit

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (DumpsterFire @ 22/11/2018, 06:52) 
    She just posted something sarcastic regarding her "awful hair, brows and eyelashes." I honestly didn't notice anything but the lashes bc that's literally ALL I can see when looking at her. It's like 2 spiders resting on top of her eyes. The only time I don't notice them as much is when she's wearing her glasses which is weird bc you'd think that would make them more visible, but I think the glasses distract from how obnoxious they are a bit.

Yes I feel like her lashes used to be good but they’ve gotten increasingly spider like. Have you noticed the trend around here (Nashville area)? I started getting lashes nearly 10 years ago. The point was to make them look amped up natural. Now it seems like everyone around here wants volume that looks so incredibly fake. I gave them up a year or so ago and do miss the natural looking ones but it’s so hard to find someone that doesn’t do the super volume fake ones!

2.     +1   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    I do think it’s definitely very popular right now. The big, fake lash look.

I live in the Midwest, and it’s becoming a big “thing”. (And we are always “late” to the game in getting trends here!! Ha ha!!!)

3.     +1   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    There are definitely ppl around town with a nice "natural" lash extension look. It's achievable. Hers just look too out there.

Ppl have also mentioned her drinking posts. I'm not saying I'm perfect, bc I'm trying to cut down on my wine consumption during the holiday season, but why does every post have to be about champagne? Champagne at cheekwood night with the fam. If I drank that much champagne on the reg, I'd have a raging headache and hangover every day.

4.     Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Agree wholeheartedly on the champagne!!!!!

Even if she doesn’t drink that much (like if she’s not drinking as much as she lets on), she talks about it WAY too much. Over the top. Everything is ALWAYS about champagne.

So weird!!!!!

5.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    By all means, let’s teach our children to be ungrateful (and complain the entire time as adults) for fantastic luxury hotels and vacations at Christmas time.

6. PillPoppinSkank
        +2   Like  

User deleted

I am embarrassed to say that I got their new book.

Do not waste your money!

There are beautiful pictures inside, but they offer such common sense advice and mostly brag about themselves and their A list clients.

I detected some Marie Kondo shade in there too, and I much preferred her book to theirs.

7.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (PillPoppinSkank @ 27/3/2019, 15:28) 
    I am embarrassed to say that I got their new book.

Do not waste your money!

There are beautiful pictures inside, but they offer such common sense advice and mostly brag about themselves and their A list clients.

I detected some Marie Kondo shade in there too, and I much preferred her book to theirs.

Good to know! I’m so curious how they turned it into an audio book. Not curious enough to listen to it, but if most of the basis is pictures...

8. PillPoppinSkank

User deleted

Their instagram feed is just as helpful (although the book comes with a few pantry labels).

9.     +6   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I take issue with their organizing being shitty. When you live in a Nashville McMansion, you have all the space in the world in your walk in pantry to set baskets out 14 inches apart.

Organization should fit what you have with room to expand. You shouldn’t have to think about it to maintain what they’ve done. They organize based off of what is currently in the pantry and all they’re doing is using Container Store shit. I rarely see something they’ve done and think “oh, that’s clever.” It isn’t clever! Marie Kondo’s folding is clever, her encouragement that you can get rid of tangible items while keeping the memories attached to them is helpful! What do they do that is helpful?

Their entire schtick is creating Instagramworthy pantries. When you go back in to restock, where are you putting new items they didn’t account for? They only put can shelves for the amount of cans you already had. There’s no room for leftovers in your refrigerator. The container they used for flour doesn’t fit a whole 5lb bag. Oh, it’s fine, I just fill it up and then hide the excess bag and refill it later. HOW is that organization? To have two places for one thing?! It’s more work not less!

The glass jars they often use for cereal aren’t air tight and your cereal is stale. But the photo was cute! UGH!

Also Clea your mother is an asshole and I would never step foot in her home. Asking people not to wheel on your hardwood is acceptable but all of the other rules are rude. How about I’m a guest in your home and if you’ve invited me here, you take out my trash can and strip my bed because that’s what good hosts do! I hope to god that’s just a joke and she doesn’t provide rules for her friends who visit.

10.     +3   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (TikiBeach @ 14/7/2019, 20:38) 
    I take issue with their organizing being shitty. When you live in a Nashville McMansion, you have all the space in the world in your walk in pantry to set baskets out 14 inches apart.

Organization should fit what you have with room to expand. You shouldn’t have to think about it to maintain what they’ve done. They organize based off of what is currently in the pantry and all they’re doing is using Container Store shit. I rarely see something they’ve done and think “oh, that’s clever.” It isn’t clever! Marie Kondo’s folding is clever, her encouragement that you can get rid of tangible items while keeping the memories attached to them is helpful! What do they do that is helpful?

Their entire schtick is creating Instagramworthy pantries. When you go back in to restock, where are you putting new items they didn’t account for? They only put can shelves for the amount of cans you already had. There’s no room for leftovers in your refrigerator. The container they used for flour doesn’t fit a whole 5lb bag. Oh, it’s fine, I just fill it up and then hide the excess bag and refill it later. HOW is that organization? To have two places for one thing?! It’s more work not less!

The glass jars they often use for cereal aren’t air tight and your cereal is stale. But the photo was cute! UGH!

Also Clea your mother is an asshole and I would never step foot in her home. Asking people not to wheel on your hardwood is acceptable but all of the other rules are rude. How about I’m a guest in your home and if you’ve invited me here, you take out my trash can and strip my bed because that’s what good hosts do! I hope to god that’s just a joke and she doesn’t provide rules for her friends who visit.

Oh my gosh!!!! YESSSSSS!!! All of this!!!

When they came out with a “line” at the Container Store I was like “what the hell??!!?” None of those ideas or items are anything earth shattering that I haven’t seen a million times elsewhere.

I do think their fame has come A LOT from the “who you know” era. Clea’s husband rubs elbows with a ton of famous clients, many whom end up getting THE services. They have even given an hour or something in award ceremony gift bags, and you all know it takes WAY more than an hour to do their jobs.

I just think they are whacked. Especially Clea.

11. PillPoppinSkank
        +2   Like  

User deleted

I already sold their book because it was so bad. Just a bunch of common sense fluff.

12.     +3   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (PillPoppinSkank @ 16/7/2019, 16:42) 
    I already sold their book because it was so bad. Just a bunch of common sense fluff.

Ha ha ha!!!!!! I LOVE that you sold it. Too funny!!!!

I donated my THE T-shirt I bought to goodwill. That and my LWL one. I couldn’t take it anymore!!!

I’m embarrassed to say I even bought them!!!!!

13.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I took one look at the INSANE prices of their “merch” and immediately closed the page. Joanna is cool and seems quite genuine, but Clea is a fame-whore snotty little thing who got famous because of who her husband is.

And I don’t think her posts about her kids are funny at all. I’m not a prude at all when it comes to laughing about motherhood, but her “humor” doesn’t pass the sniff test.

14.     +1   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Did anyone watch the stories of her jumping in the pool in her dolce and Gabbana dress?? Made her look like a spoiled asshole. Got to find a good dry cleaner! To be fair, the rest of the group jumped in as well, but doesn't that make you look like such a spoiled, entitled group??

15.     +1   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Is anyone watching this clea vs. Jason isbell drummer "chad" feud going down on Instagram??? Wtf???

101 replies since 2/11/2018, 21:42   24396 views