FrumpyHummingbirdLikeJen - Pt. 76

« Older   Newer »

1. TastyTreats
        +1   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (deltaburkefan @ 12/10/2018, 09:39 PM) 
    QUOTE (SmoothiesLikeLily @ 10/12/2018, 21:06) 
    Jen is an art history major. And she has gone on & on about how much she loves being a housewife & being home.

Styling a home & putting a look together should come more naturally to her.

Jen just memorized a bunch of stuff she put on index cards. We have see ooh and ahh over tacky art before. She didn’t internalize anything she learned.

Being a housewife and having an eye for design and style are not the same thing. I’m a terrible housekeeper but good at putting a room together. Not everyone has an eye and not everyone can look at an empty room and envision how it will look when complete. My mom is really good at decorating and I was pretty old before I realized that the vast majority of people just shove couches in a space and find a coffee table.

What Jen really needs to do is hire a professional. She has the money. Her house now makes no sense. The claundry and the kitchen belong in a different house. Why Jen and Don won’t pay for professional interior design is astounding to me.

She needed to hire an interior designer with her kitchen refresh. Instead she had the cabinets painted bright white and it just looks strange and really bad with the brown couch. I liked most of her home decor items, minus the galvanized metal stuff. I'm getting tired of her pretending things are too expensive. We know she has no budget! :show_me_the_money_smiley_emotic

FakingFrugalityandDrinkingDairyduringTheHolidaysLikeJen

965 replies since 10/12/2018, 19:20   101345 views