Status
    Anonymous
    Here you go!

2.     +1   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    I wonder what will happen with that little garden cottage. I think their best/cheapest bet will be to just use it as a template for a new one. Keeping it just for the sake of it being old doesn't sound very useful. Definitely hold on to that cool fireplace though.

She has been annoying me lately, but the latest video (pregnancy update and DITL, I think?) made me a bit more sympathetic, and I cannot really pinpoint why. That is going to be a cool play area the kids get.

3.     +2   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Oh goody! I mostly like her so far. Are her books real books? Or more like independently published? I don't think I see them on Amazon.

4.     +1   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    I think she has a book in progress, nothing published yet.

Her obsession with fermented foods is fascinating. I think I might try fermented onions...it is the only veg I can imagine myself eating in that form.

5.     +2   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Miss Phryne Fisher @ 6/20/2019, 09:53 PM) 
    I think she has a book in progress, nothing published yet.

Her obsession with fermented foods is fascinating. I think I might try fermented onions...it is the only veg I can imagine myself eating in that form.

I just bought some cabbage (not growing it this year) and am going to do her very simple sauerkraut recipe. They eat it at almost every meal? Wow.

6.     +5   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Her tone in her videos is offputting.

7.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I was all for her until her latest collab with mama from scratch. Can’t stand her she reminds me of skeletor.

8. SaveLeyla
        +2   Like  

User deleted

I’m starting to wonder if her baby will be stunted developmentally from constantly being worn. I love baby-wearing but it’s like she wants to do so much, the baby has no choice but to be trapped in the thing. It’s weird! Let him stretch out and have tummy time. Let him wake up :blink:

9. Mouflette

User deleted

I was looking up recipes and found her blog. Are they going to have more kids? Are they religious? Curious

10.     +3   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Mouflette @ 2/6/2020, 11:32 AM) 
    I was looking up recipes and found her blog. Are they going to have more kids? Are they religious? Curious

They are quite religious. It used to be more obvious on her blog (loads of dog whistles, I assume evangelical of some kind, not LDS like what seems to be 90% of bloggers). I would put money on them just being anti-birth control and probably not quiverfull, might use NFP but I would put money on them having a couple more kids.

11. Mouflette
        +2   Like  

User deleted

Thx! I love her sourdough recipe.

12.     +4   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Hi, I'm new here. I found this board and needed to comment.

I recently stumbled upon this Youtube channel and initially thought it was decent.

After watching a few of her cooking videos I stumbled upon a Q&A video in which she exclaimed that not only does she homeschool her children but she doesn't follow any curriculum she just teaches them whatever she feels like.

WTH?

13. Mouflette
        +2   Like  

User deleted

Yeah something about her does not sit well. But I love her sourdough recipes! 😀

14.     +2   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    I loved her when I first found her. The editing and everything was really top notch even early on, compared to other YTers. I respect her for making a course for blogging and vlogging successfully as I’m sure it is well done and she’s helped others grow a business. I like the recipes and one day I hope I’ll start making kefir and kombucha and sourdough and all that and use her recipes.

I do think their diet is overboard with the fermentation and the no processed anything and all that but I don’t care enough to not watch occasionally. I can see how it can come off as holier than thou, though, and be off putting. The “I don’t meal plan, I don’t have a schedule, I don’t have a curriculum” probably works to balance that out a bit so she appears overall chill.

15. Mouflette

User deleted

Lol yes! Appearing overall chill. You get the absolute opposite vibe watching her in action.

914 replies since 16/6/2019, 22:33   235922 views