Our Tribe of Many

« Older   Newer »

1.     +7   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I can not understand why people praise a woman who has so many kids because she loves newborns and has baby cravings? I agree that it is very selfish to expose your children on yt. There have been several cases of children of large families being exploited for the parents personal gain. Kate Gosselin, the Duggars, Bates and many more.

2.     +4   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    cuz they like watching these you tubers and pretend they are perfect and have these perfect lives and perfect kids to escape thier lives that are normal and they think not so perfect so they tune in to see how they grocery shop and clean and make food etc
    all anyone sees is the every few days 15 minute clip that they have edited to make it look that way
    i dont believe for a minute either parents (especially solo who works 2 jobs) can give all 10 of those kids each same proper amount of time and
    one on one attention
    it is kinda selfish , keep havng kids and spend less time with the ones you got instead of not have more kids and don't do you tube which takes up your time and spend less time with each kid, humm which should i choose??? I think she will stop at 12 kids,mostly cuz of her age
    and 12 kids brings in more viewers more $$ etc so why the hell not eh?

3.     +4   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    The large family thing is not for me at all. I'm an only child, married to an only child, with only one kid myself so having all these kids is completely foreign to me. Maybe that's why I watch a lot of large families. It's fascinating to me that people choose to live like that.

I do agree that exposing your kids on YT is a bad idea.

But if we're comparing Sarah to Jamerrill, I would pick Sarah 100 times over. She's better organized, her house always looks clean, her kids are responsible for their own messes, and she just seems better put together overall. Plus, her meals are so much more appealing. Of course she's not perfect, but she's leaps and bounds above Jamerrill IMO.

I wouldn't choose either of their lives. No way. I like my peace and quiet so a house full of kids is a no-go for me.

4.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Sarah is very good about not showing her kids when they don’t wish to be filmed. She also knows when to stop filming. (ie - when her toddler decided to streak through the house In a recent video.)

I don’t praise anyone for having any number of children. I honestly don’t understand why anyone has more than two kids today. In fact, I have stated before that it is scary that she continues having children despite the issues she has had after delivering one of the younger girls. However, I do think they are great parents. Sarah is also very open about the fact that her kids and her family are not perfect, but she chooses not to show that stuff because she doesn’t want to remember the times she’s yelled and her kids have acted out. I do not for one second believe that her older kids are raising the younger children or doing the majority of the work. I do know, though, that if I had a baby sibling as a teenager, I would’ve never put him/her down. I love(d) babies and would jump at the chance to hold one.

My dad is one of 11 kids. Sure, times were different 60 years ago, but the older kids helped out with the little ones and they all helped out on the farm and in the house. Today, every single one of them has an incredible work ethic and they are the closest family that I have ever known. Trust me. Sarah’s kids will be just fine.

5.     +5   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Those are great points. Sarah keeps having high risk pregnancies at the expense of her own health and the children she already has. What if something happens to her like what has happened to Andrea Mills? Her husband will be left working two jobs with 10 children to raise. Andrea also had the same baby addiction. Her husband was clearly done and she was always pushing for the next one. I find the Mills situation very tragic. I wonder if craving babies and pregnancy is some sort of mental illness?

6.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    kamokugal
    otom does show way better on you tube than jamerill who DOES show all their dirty mess and imperfections
    otom does appear to be good parents and have a tidy house , do you know them personally? how do you know her kids wil be fine "trust you"?
    that is what I mean by people who watch these you tubers and act as if they know them and their kids from the few snippets of their lives that they edited
    maybe one of them will act out to get attention they never got cuz too many kids and they got lost in the shuffle of all that
    I think it is werid too that stranger sent them baby gifts , i think in some areas you tube has created a monster !

7.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Yes, youtubers edit thier videos and show us the image they chose for us to see. They only present to us themselves in the most flattering light.These large families also block comments and delete anything that does not praise them in only the most positive way. I find once when they start getting gifts and money they get a sense of entitlement. In Sarah's last video she was complaining how expensive Disney would be with 10 kids. She was in disney before and obviously is aware of the cost. There were many comments about how the family should try get free tickets and exchange for filming. Since when is any family entitlement to a free vacation because you have 10 kids ? It reminds me of early episodes of the Gosselins and Duggars were they gritted for free trips.

Edited by Blinky41 - 17/2/2020, 19:04

8.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Do you know them personally? How do you know based on the snippets that they show that the kids do everything and are living the most miserable, tragic lives ever?

I understand that YT is not reality. As I’ve stated, Sarah is very clear about that. She never acts like they live the most perfect lives. She is human, just like the rest of us.

However, based on what we see from them, they are a loving family, they are teaching their kids important skills and values, and the kids all seem to be incredibly happy. Not one of those children look like they go without. I’m not going to sit here and bash a family based on things I have not witnessed.

I was 16 when I taught myself how to do laundry and 22 when I taught myself how to cook. Those kids already have more life skills than I did as a young adult. Nothing wrong with that.

9.     Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    SBM(wouldn't let me tag you for some reason) I agree that sending gifts to YT people is weird. I can't imagine caring enough about some random YT person to spend my time and money on sending them gifts.

Some of the families I watch have virtual "baby showers" and open thousands of dollars worth of gifts from viewers. It's insane. People could do a lot of good with that money and donate to a worthy cause that's close to home. Not send it to YT who don't need it.

10.     Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Exactly, it's only based on what they want you to see.

I'm not saying they are miserable but they only present the image they want you to see. I just don't understand why we praise people who make so many children it just seems so selfish to me.

11.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I mean, the same can be said about Facebook. How many of your FB friends seem to live perfect lives, with perfect children, and perfect marriages? How much of what shows up in your newsfeed is the whole story? This is not something that is exclusive to YouTubers. It’s all social media platforms. I know that I have “friends” who are, truthfully, kind of shitty parents, but you would never guess it based on what they post. I know that I would never post about the fight my husband and I had last week. Why is it okay for you and I to only show what we want to, but wrong for Sarah to do the same? At least Sarah throws out the disclaimer that, “Hey, I get frustrated, too. My life isn’t perfect, either.”

12.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I agree social media has made us more narcissistic as a society. These you tubers become like celebrities in thier own right. People who send them gifts become attached and bond with their children over videos.

13.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    I never said it wasn't ok for otom to do the same , I dont do face book or any of that, I only send info /pics etc via email to people I know not strangers to view, I admit I watch some of these you tubers mainly from boredom late at night and cuz i don't watch tv
    I am juts amazed how many commentor's say your family is perfect etc
    when they dont know these people , they are really juts like characters on a tv show,cuz some of them are scripted and they obviously are acting
    not saying the beloved OTOM is ,,,but i diubt wiht that many kids that house is not chaotic most of the time
    she seems kinfda bothered by it lately in stuff she says ,she seems overwhelmed,why not edit that out?
    I think belle always looks sad and crabby unless she is just someone who doesn't smile much, few of those lil boys are non stop smilers!

14.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Yes you tube channels have definitely changed in the last decade when they were just a few cooking and cleaning videos by the average mom. You tube channels are often scripted with studios,professional acting and what not. The large channels today often bring in the same type of views and fans as the early days of reality t.v with the Duggar's and Gosselin's. I'm not sure how much these channels like bottom make in a year but I'm guessing its alot.

15.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I felt a little bad for them while they tried to buy food for a family of 10 with all the limitations but at the same time no one forced them to have that many kids.

1070 replies since 16/6/2019, 22:34   310298 views