Administrator

Status
    Anonymous
    Here you go.

2. Landyn's One Eye
        +5   Like  

User deleted

I could write a book!

I’ve followed Shannon for a couple years but lately, she annoys me to death.

First, does she have marbles in her mouth?

Does she shop for her luxurious home decor at estate sales for recently passed on 92 yr olds?

No way she buys ANY of the stuff she links.

Does she feel stupid ‘laughing’ at herself sitting alone in her house recording her podcast?

Every.Single.Sunday - Croissant, teapot, flower, NYT newspaper and pontificating on simple elegance :fist-shake:

Later every Sunday - shot of ‘the boys’ walking.

We get it, Shannon. You have dogs and you walk them. You also read fancy news articles.

My take - she was the gawky tall kid in school with the long horse face and teeth. She doesn’t date or have many friends so she pretends she loves the life of solitude.

She needs to stop using words like gobsmacked and lovely. She tries to talk sophisticated but can’t spell to save her life.

Shew. That felt good.

3.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    And anyone who prattles on as much as she does about being sooooo happily single is overcompensating. Maybe it's just too hard to find a guy as pretentious as she is, at least a straight one.

4. Landyn's One Eye

User deleted

QUOTE (Amy A @ 17/11/2019, 00:50) 
    And anyone who prattles on as much as she does about being sooooo happily single is overcompensating. Maybe it's just too hard to find a guy as pretentious as she is, at least a straight one.

Exactly! She’s going to alienate half of her audience if she keeps up with those kinds of stories.

She randomly mentions dinner for friends but she really doesn’t seem to have any. She never talks about hanging out with a female friend.

5.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Oh, and does she still talk about what magazines she buys?

6. PrettyNeatDivorce
        +3   Like  

User deleted

OMG, I love you people.

Where do I even begin???

First, I totally agree about the whole being single thing. I don't think she really loves it. She is far too defensive about it to be secure. She even went on and on about being single in one of her books.

I used to really like her when I first found her. I'm into French beauty and was so excited to find an American who appreciated the French way of living. So, I bought both of her books. Why this woman needed two books that say the exact same thing is beyond me.

And her podcast is always just a summary of someone else's thoughts. She will literally quote someone with actual original ideas and then talk about them.

After listening to her for some time, she either grew more pretentious as time went on or I just reached my max tolerance level as far as she is concerned.

I cannot even imagine what her fellow teachers think of her walking around like she is royalty on a teacher's salary.

OH and the thing that drives me the most batty is her podcast intro and that HORRIBLE ANNOYING music!

7. Landyn's One Eye
        +1   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (Amy A @ 17/11/2019, 01:38) 
    Oh, and does she still talk about what magazines she buys?

I don’t listen to all her podcast. If I see that they are about living alone stuff, I skip. Her IG is pretty boring and predictable. If she would be honest and say that sometimes she gets lonely or sometimes she wishes she had a mate, I would trust her more. I loved living alone BUT it got lonely sometimes.

The one reason I check her blog is for new books or tv/movie recommendations. I never click on her links.

When I really started to not like her as much is when she talked about ‘finding’ her perfect Burberry trench. A lot of people thought she bought one for herself, but listening to her talk about it, I think she just tried one on. She never corrected anyone in the comments nor did she ever show s photo of herself in her new jacket. FF to recently, she linked a much cheaper trench. Why do that when you supposedly bought the best?

8. PrettyNeatDivorce
        +2   Like  

User deleted

ITA. I loved living alone (and get kind of excited when my husband travels, lol), but I had no problem admitting that sometimes I was lonely. She acts like a man hater who has pics of the men who rejected her on a dartboard.

9.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I've often wondered what her fellow teachers think about her (massive eye roll...). Not to mention her students - and their parents!!

And yes, an occasional trip away by the husband can be a little change of pace (mine is away this weekend) - so here I am on the bakery and watching bios of Princess Margaret. But it's no full time gig.

Edited by Amy A - 17/11/2019, 02:17

10. Landyn's One Eye
        +1   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (PrettyNeatDivorce @ 17/11/2019, 02:05) 
    OMG, I love you people.

Where do I even begin???

First, I totally agree about the whole being single thing. I don't think she really loves it. She is far too defensive about it to be secure. She even went on and on about being single in one of her books.

I used to really like her when I first found her. I'm into French beauty and was so excited to find an American who appreciated the French way of living. So, I bought both of her books. Why this woman needed two books that say the exact same thing is beyond me.

And her podcast is always just a summary of someone else's thoughts. She will literally quote someone with actual original ideas and then talk about them.

After listening to her for some time, she either grew more pretentious as time went on or I just reached my max tolerance level as far as she is concerned.

I cannot even imagine what her fellow teachers think of her walking around like she is royalty on a teacher's salary.

OH and the thing that drives me the most batty is her podcast intro and that HORRIBLE ANNOYING music!

Okay - another thing. Someone who loves all things French and has been several times ... shouldn’t they be able to pronounce French words correctly?

She can’t even pronounce English words and she’s an English teacher.

I want to throw my phone when she says X-specially or PITCHER.

It’s especially and picture, Miss Ables.

You are so right about hr just regurgitating other people’s ideas.

If she isn’t posting about living alone she is posting lists of things to do.

I honestly think I’ve read every single book on French living since the 80’s. I am really tired of American woman visiting a few times then writing a book about how a French woman lives.

11. PrettyNeatDivorce
        +1   Like  

User deleted

You need to share what your favorite French living books are please! I am mostly into French beauty and skin care and think I've read up on the subject enough but still want more. :)

She definitely has some sort of speech impediment. It always sounds like she has too much saliva in her mouth or something.

And she wants to be Julia Child so badly with her cooking videos.

12. Landyn's One Eye
        +1   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (PrettyNeatDivorce @ 17/11/2019, 02:16) 
    You need to share what your favorite French living books are please! I am mostly into French beauty and skin care and think I've read up on the subject enough but still want more. :)

She definitely has some sort of speech impediment. It always sounds like she has too much saliva in her mouth or something.

And she wants to be Julia Child so badly with her cooking videos.

I can’t bring myself to watch her cooking videos .

I will have to look on Amazon and list the books. I’m m kinda obsessed with all things Paris. The history, the buildings, the lifestyle, the elegance and simplicity 🥰

13. PrettyNeatDivorce

User deleted

Her posture in this interview killed me. She was so slouchy.

14. Landyn's One Eye
        +2   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (PrettyNeatDivorce @ 17/11/2019, 02:27) 
    Her posture in this interview killed me. She was so slouchy.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BatEYcvHDq0

Yeah, she needs to improve her posture for sure.

She talks about quality over quantity ... but her home looks like a LOT of stuff. And not very good quality. I know decorating styles differ from one person to another but her house looks like it smells like an old persons house.

She’s very impressed with herself, that’s for sure.

And she posts the most unflattering pictures of herself.

One of my most recent favorites is Ageless Beauty the French Way. I also love Parisian decor and style.

15. PrettyNeatDivorce
        +2   Like  

User deleted

I loved that book too!! I think that Clemence is so beautiful.

318 replies since 17/11/2019, 00:33   30763 views