The Simply Luxurious Life

« Older   Newer »

1. Landyn's One Eye
        +1   Like  

User deleted

lol.

Just as predicted ... Tea, croissant, NYT, flower and walking with the dogs. More crap about luxury and savoring. Seriously Shannon, it’s a freakin’ newspaper.

2. PrettyNeatDivorce
        +2   Like  

User deleted

She needs to listen to The Spice Girls and spice up her life.

3. Landyn's One Eye
        +1   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (PrettyNeatDivorce @ 18/11/2019, 00:21) 
    She needs to listen to The Spice Girls and spice up her life.

lol. Yes.
    I’m all for routine and simplicity but jeez. Live a little.

4. SaveLeyla
        +4   Like  

User deleted

Omg. I didn’t know she was well known enough for a board. Yay.

I liked her first book and then started listening to the podcast a few years ago. When I read the book I pictured a chic woman (as one would) and I remember the first time I saw her I was extremely underwhelmed. And somewhat disappointed to be honest.
    She’s had no vibes of a chic Parisian. None.
    I still listen to her podcast most of the time but every single episode is “inspired” by a book she read. She basically reads something over the week, feels inspired, and then summarizes the book into an episode. She has no original ideas.
    It’s annoying when she reads a quote from something and then expands upon it for 20 minutes like she’s been theorizing it for years.

I also agree that she doesn’t like being single. She had a bf a year or 2 ago and I remember her sounding down about the breakup. She makes the single empowerment posts and podcasts to coach herself.

Also my fav French beauty book is The French Beauty Solution by Mathilde Thomas, the founder of Caudalie.

5. PrettyNeatDivorce
        +1   Like  

User deleted

Yay! Glad you joined in SaveLeyla !

I agree with you. I was disappointed by her appearance too. She looks frumpy to me.

6.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Main good thing about the NYT anymore is the Sunday crossword puzzle. Betcha a dollar Shannon couldn't finish it.

7. Landyn's One Eye
        +2   Like  

User deleted

Are there any decent Francophiles or even French women (40*) online?

I don’t care for Garance Doré or Ines. And MarieAnne Lecoeur is too desperate.

I’m not picky at all. :confused-smiley-emoticon-1:

I wish Madame Chic herself had a social media presence.

8. PrettyNeatDivorce
        +1   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (Landyn's One Eye @ 11/18/2019, 02:41 AM) 

I like Justine Leconte. Do you watch her?

9. SaveLeyla
        +2   Like  

User deleted

For the most part I like the “French Kiss Life” podcast with Tanya Leigh. She’s over 40. I say for the most part because she has her downfalls too. Mainly, telling the same backstory of her life all the time like everyone is a new listener and hasn’t heard it before. But overall I like her.

10. Landyn's One Eye

User deleted

QUOTE (PrettyNeatDivorce @ 18/11/2019, 03:07) 
    QUOTE (Landyn's One Eye @ 11/18/2019, 02:41 AM) 

I like Justine Leconte. Do you watch her?

Forgot about her. I don’t watch her a lot but I do like her.

SaveLayla- does Tanya update regularly? For some reason I was thinking you had to jay to listen to her or read.

11. SaveLeyla
        +2   Like  

User deleted

Tanya updates weekly. She has a paid community that’s separate from everything.

12. PrettyNeatDivorce
        +1   Like  

User deleted

Thank you for the recommendation of The French Kiss Life. I am binge listening and really like her! Oddly enough, there are many similarities to Shannon's podcast/blog, but Tonya does it the right way without seeming snobby. She is also really pretty!

13. Landyn's One Eye
        +1   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (PrettyNeatDivorce @ 11/19/2019, 05:20 AM) 
    Thank you for the recommendation of The French Kiss Life. I am binge listening and really like her! Oddly enough, there are many similarities to Shannon's podcast/blog, but Tonya does it the right way without seeming snobby. She is also really pretty!

Agree. 100%!

Shannon is dull. I hate how she talks about "we here at TSLL" - honey, ain't no WE about it. It's you, your dogs and your Granny décor.

14. PrettyNeatDivorce
        +1   Like  

User deleted

I visited my great aunt at her home when she was about 84 years old, and her decor was just the same vibe as Shannon's. When my aunt did it though, she had actual linens and pieces passed down from family, so her decor, while very old ladyish, had meaning.

I think that Shannon is a woman scorned who decided to put her vagina under lock and key for the rest of her life.

15. Landyn's One Eye

User deleted

QUOTE (PrettyNeatDivorce @ 11/19/2019, 10:33 AM) 
    I visited my great aunt at her home when she was about 84 years old, and her decor was just the same vibe as Shannon's. When my aunt did it though, she had actual linens and pieces passed down from family, so her decor, while very old ladyish, had meaning.

I think that Shannon is a woman scorned who decided to put her vagina under lock and key for the rest of her life.

HAHAHA. Agree.

Her house looks like it smells like a nursing home.

I look at her page for the links, even though I don't click on them. I would support her is she was transparent about what she actually buys. No way she's buying blouses for $150.

318 replies since 17/11/2019, 00:33   30763 views