PackingHerHoardandKeepingTheBakeryBoredLikeJen Pt 149

« Older   Newer »

1.     +5   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    The Department of Redundancy Department. Repeatedly repeating.

Status
    Anonymous
    Don probably got an inheritance, too.
    And probably put it in the shared banking account.
    Don isn't very good with money. lol

Jen isn't quite that stupid.

Ooooh, she takes care of herself.

(I'm still down that Billy Joel rabbit hole, and I'm tellin' ya...THIS is her theme song!)

She's Always a Woman
    Billy Joel
    She can kill with a smile, she can wound with her eyes
    She can ruin your faith with her casual lies
    And she only reveals what she wants you to see
    She hides like a child but she's always a woman to me
    She can lead you to love, she can take you or leave you
    She can ask for the truth but she'll never believe you
    And she'll take what you give her as long as it's free
    Yeah she steals like a thief but she's always a woman to me
    Oh, she takes care of herself, she can wait if she wants
    She's ahead of her time
    Oh, she never gives out and she never gives in
    She just changes her mind
    And she'll promise you more than the garden of Eden
    Then she'll carelessly cut you and laugh while you're bleeding
    But she brings out the best and the worst you can be
    Blame it all on yourself 'cause she's always a woman to me
    She's ahead of her time
    She is frequently kind and she's suddenly cruel
    She can do as she pleases, she's nobody's fool
    But she can't be convicted, she's earned her degree
    And the most she will do is throw shadows at you
    But she's always a woman to me

2.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (SeeminglySweetLikeJen @ 8/6/2020, 00:34) 
    QUOTE (ColdOne @ 7/6/2020, 23:08) 
    CAN WE GET A WOOD GRAIN ANALYSIS HERE??
    I think she's still in the Manor. She's a total bump on a log.

She is still in Ross Manor but I’d like to offer a shoe analysis. Those are get down to business packing/moving shoes. If she was just faffing about after her walk run walk, she would be wearing her gray wool haflinger house shoes that she has worn inside the house every single day since CC was born. The Haflinger house shoes are at the new house, she’s packing the living room and took a break to look through the books she had delivered for her new woke bookshelf like someone else stated earlier.

Hate that I know this but the book is on the sofa table behind the family room couch. Ugh. Off to shower.

3. Clueless
        +3   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (BatBat @ 6/8/2020, 12:53 AM) 
    Clueless - Maybe Jen will "Gift" it to you.

I'm sadly no longer available to receive a couch sized gift! :lol: :D :rolleyes:

4.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group
    Being financially responsible by ordering all the things online

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (marieandme @ 7/6/2020, 22:43) 
    I go back and forth between thinking they're wealthier than I could imagine and maybe they aren't as wealthy as I thought. Because as posters have pointed out here, their mortgage is paid off and back in the day they said they lived off 1/3 their income. So they have enough money to pay off that house in a short amount of time compared to the standard mortgage length. But once it's paid off what could a full third of their income go to? Taxes of course and I'm sure theirs are very high, but surely that's not even close to a 1/3 of their income. Just wondering about all this. And I could imagine Don paying Jen off handsomely, ensuring she buys herself a nice house and whatever she wants, just to get rid of her. Shut her up, give her the money, get rid of her. That's my guess.

IIRC the timeline correctly, the house was still mortgaged at the time of the spending 1/3 income claims. It wasn't paid off until 2016. But their taxes are in the region of 30k per year and he wasn't CEO at the time. They travelled a lot more in those days too.

QUOTE (GrandmaSophia @ 7/6/2020, 23:07) 
    I could be wrong but I really think Jen would go for a less expensive home. I think she would want something that she can decorate her own way with lighter colors and less rooms to clean up. I still think she will have 3-4 bedrooms but since she does not entertain that much at all, I think she will end up with a much more normal sized home for herself and the kids. Not a mansion. I think the mansion was really Don's idea and the fact that his sister and parents lived nearby. I will be shocked if Jen chooses another mansion to live in that requires a lot of maintenance. I think the house will still be expensive but not as expensive as the current home she is moving from. I also think she will be thinking of the kids being in school in the future so of course, a really good school for the kids.

They're not in a mansion now, it's only around 3300 sq ft. Excluding the basement space, it's 4 bedrooms and 2 living areas in a very basic layout. Hardly what I'd call an entertaining (or impressive, IMO) house.

But I think a house around 2500 sq ft would be a good size for her. More manageable for Vincente but still enough space for what they need. I'll believe it when I see it though, I don't think her smug can take going below 3000.

QUOTE (MissingTheMoneyNotTheHoney @ 8/6/2020, 00:53) 
    I could be wrong, but Jen really seems to put her own needs before the kids. I don't think she'll move to a town with great schools for the kids because that means much higher taxes that she will have to pay and it also means less house for your money. She will move to whatever house she likes best for herself and have Don pay tuition for private school. I do think she will go with something smaller, maybe even an HOA neighborhood where everything is taken care of for her.

If the assumptions here are true, she was able to buy the new house without the cash from selling the old one, so where did the money for the new house come from?

Agree, Jen will buy what works for JEN. The kids are in private school now, she probably won't even think about the school district. That's why my house hunting list had things like a tub in the master but didn't matter if there was only a shared bath for the kids. She will always put her wants above all else.

They might have enough in savings for Don to buy her out pre-sale, or a bridging loan was taken out using the equity in the home. That's assuming she's already bought though. And there's been no evidence of that. I still think the craptice clearing was for listing rather than packing.

5.     +17   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    If Don is not paying for cleaning ladies, Jen will do without them. She’s frugal that way. Miserly, I mean. It’s all fine and dandy to claim to support the local economy when someone else is paying. When it has to come out of her own alimony, she will have to be more careful how she spends. As generous as it maybe, it is not a bottomless pit.

Which means, she may think twice before going for a big house that she has to clean and maintain herself. That goes for property taxes and HOA fees too.

6. Clueless

User deleted

QUOTE (YouGuysSlayMe @ 6/8/2020, 12:54 AM) 
    Don probably got an inheritance, too.
    And probably put it in the shared banking account.
    Don isn't very good with money. lol

Jen isn't quite that stupid.

Ooooh, she takes care of herself.

(I'm still down that Billy Joel rabbit hole, and I'm tellin' ya...THIS is her theme song!)

She's Always a Woman
    Billy Joel
    She can kill with a smile, she can wound with her eyes
    She can ruin your faith with her casual lies
    And she only reveals what she wants you to see
    She hides like a child but she's always a woman to me
    She can lead you to love, she can take you or leave you
    She can ask for the truth but she'll never believe you
    And she'll take what you give her as long as it's free
    Yeah she steals like a thief but she's always a woman to me
    She's ahead of her time
    And she'll promise you more than the garden of Eden
    Then she'll carelessly cut you and laugh while you're bleeding
    But she brings out the best and the worst you can be
    Blame it all on yourself 'cause she's always a woman to me
    She's ahead of her time
    She is frequently kind and she's suddenly cruel
    She can do as she pleases, she's nobody's fool
    But she can't be convicted, she's earned her degree
    And the most she will do is throw shadows at you
    But she's always a woman to me

Do you think Jen or Don will get the Piano, Man? :)

I did read that if the gift was "commingled" it is not as clear as to who gets what in division of assets. I don't like using that word (commingle) in the context of the Ross marriage. :yucky:

7.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Depl @ 6/8/2020, 01:16 AM) 
    I’m back to thinking she bought a townhouse. I can see her not wanting to deal with things like landscaping and snow removal. As long as it has a tub and sidewalks for Winnie, she’ll be fine. I don’t think she will want something older than the current house and will sacrifice space and lot size if needed. I also think property taxes will be important for her to keep as low as possible.

This would be the smart thing to do which is why I doubt she did.

8.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (souvenir yarn @ 6/8/2020, 01:25 AM) 
    QUOTE (Depl @ 6/8/2020, 01:16 AM) 
    I’m back to thinking she bought a townhouse. I can see her not wanting to deal with things like landscaping and snow removal. As long as it has a tub and sidewalks for Winnie, she’ll be fine. I don’t think she will want something older than the current house and will sacrifice space and lot size if needed. I also think property taxes will be important for her to keep as low as possible.

This is what I was thinking too. Don't her parents live in a townhouse. She could buy the other side and then she'd have free child care during her me time. LOL I just don't see her getting a big house like they have now.

9.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (RikkiJones59 @ 6/8/2020, 01:26 AM) 
    QUOTE (souvenir yarn @ 6/8/2020, 01:25 AM) 

This is what I was thinking too. Don't her parents live in a townhouse. She could buy the other side and then she'd have free child care during her me time. LOL I just don't see her getting a big house like they have now.

No, they don't. Don's parents' do.

10.     Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    Trapped in the Owner's Locker. It's OK. She'll be back in a few weeks.

Status
    Did they say they paid off the mortgage in 2016? Because wasn't there some public record, a yelp review that Don left a mortgage broker or some other financial institution in 2016? Possible a refinance. I just don't get paying off a mortgage on a house that would have lost so much value at the time. Why not invest the money instead while you wait for the home value to come back? At the time, they probably assumed they could be there awhile...oh wait, no it was a "starter home".

I'm still in the camp that Don is a lousy steward of money. He was lucky with trading. He made some $ but he has made the most piss poor purchases combined with flaunting his supposed wealth. It smells to me. He has a CEO income now because Daddy gave him a position. He's paying crazy arse rent on an apartment and probably ditched the minivan for some cool mid life sports car. He may have paid cash for it even but it lost $20K when he drove it off the lot and he didn't even notice. I wonder how much he lost when the market dove a few months ago.

11.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (deltaburkefan @ 8/6/2020, 00:37) 
    QUOTE (TuesdayErrands @ 8/6/2020, 00:08) 
    Oh I hope Don’s lawyer went after half of her nest egg. Just because it’s petty. She’s so selfish and hates to share. It would be the nostril flare to end all nostril flares. :yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon

Maybe he did, and that’s why Struggling Victim Jen suddenly made an appearance?

Inheritance legally isn’t something that can be touched in a divorce. If you inherit, it’s yours alone. It wouldn’t be considered community property in a community property state, etc.

I’m joking. Suddenly we’re all concerned about realistic scenarios around here? :smoking-smiley-face:

(Just kidding, again!)

12.     +1   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (YouGuysSlayMe @ 8/6/2020, 00:35) 
    Generally, inheritances are not subject to equitable distribution because, by law, inheritances are not considered marital property. Instead, inheritances are treated as separate property belonging to the person who received the inheritance, and therefore may not be divided between the parties in a divorce.

I think it depends on what is done with the inheritance during the marriage. If it is “co-mingled” it becomes community property. My husband and I looked into it with our inheritances at one time and that was what we were told by the professionals. This was some years ago so the laws could have changed.

13.     +2   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (TuesdayErrands @ 7/6/2020, 22:46) 
    QUOTE (Good Morning Friends @ 7/6/2020, 22:24) 
    Unless she gets on IG live, I will not believe she's still in that house. Especially after last week's random morose back patio story. That very much had "signing off from this home one last time" vibes, and it matched up with my theorized timeline. Last weekend just happened to be the end of the month. Everything she posts is a little too convenient.

She disappeared on Mother's Day, laid low all month, last weekend was most likely the big move, and she's most likely unpacking in a new house right now.

Maybe she is. But that whole scenario was dreamed up on this board so now it’s become fact. I don’t dispute that she’s going to have to move out of that house. It’s just that it wouldn’t take a month for that to happen. She’s not an actual single mom - there’s no reason she would need to pack any boxes or move her own furniture. It’s just funny to think about.

Let’s be realistic here. Life is easier for people like Jen. :flcvoy01:

Hey we have a pretty good track record of predicting what is actually going on. Divorce train, anyone??? Someone here is right on the money.

14.     +23   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Jen being smarter than Don with money is one of the funnier things I've read on here in a while :yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon

15.     +4   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Screenshot_20200529-2248362

952 replies since 7/6/2020, 16:55   194667 views