Julie_plans

« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Idiot savant @ 12/2/2023, 04:29 AM) 
    Why would you leave a DOD job? It has a pension and great benefits.

That is what I was wondering too. Especially since it doesn't seem like her new company has many employee perks, or least not anything beyond the norm.

2.     +5   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    MakseLife specifically not in her potential planner stack and she even mentioned doing her goal setting in her Hobonichi.

That’s such an insult to Makse.

3.     +2   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group
    Transitioning to shrimp because I still can't bare to look at it (aka land creatures).

Status
    Anonymous
    I wonder what the F happened with her and Makselife!? She's salty about something or she else would have mentioned them talking about goal setting. So bizarre.

4.     +3   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    If I was sierra id never do a collab with Julie again. She only promoted them when the ugly cover came out then nothing.

5.     +1   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (DonnieDarko @ 12/4/2023, 10:14 PM) 
    If I was sierra id never do a collab with Julie again. She only promoted them when the ugly cover came out then nothing.

Laken did the same thing...

I can't speak for the others, but Cindy is the only one who uses her and I believe bought another one for this current year.

6.     +11   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Cindy is the only sane person in the bunch.

7.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I like Cindy!

I agree something had to happen between Julie and Makse.

Someone did ask on her YouTube if she was using it and she said she was trying to figure out if there was a way she could use it for work, which means we will never see it.

8.     +3   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I looked at her YouTube video views. The Makse videos do not get close to the same number of views as Hobonichi or even EC. Julie seems to be all about the views and has basically dropped Makse from her lineup this past year.

9.     +9   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I have nothing against Hobonichi but the planner community is so annoyingly “monkey see-monkey do”. All these influencers suddenly “finding” Hobonichi for 2024 and it’s all about trying to increase views.

The Sterling Ink fake frenzy is even more annoying. I’m waiting for that company to have major issues with one woman seemingly trying to run it all and offer a zillion different formats. I left the FB group because of all the whining.

10.     +2   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group
    Transitioning to shrimp because I still can't bare to look at it (aka land creatures).

Status
    Anonymous
    What I find strange about the entire Makselife thing is, her planner sold out quickly, but Makselife (at least last year when I first used them) left up a different sold out cover practically the whole year marked as "sold out". The one with the moon or sun or something on it. It wasn't removed until very much later in the year although it sold out quickly. I remember seeing it still on their website in the fall when I was trying to figure out when their next release would be.

As someone who loves and uses a Makselife planner, I found it really disappointing that they picked Julie instead of an actual artist! Influencer doesn't mean artist. Cindy made sense because she's an actual artist. I want to see them collaborate with actual graphic designers and artists NOT just planner influencers unless they have some sort of background in actual art AND they actually use the Makselife planner all the time! Like she says, she's in HR. She makes sure everyone knows it.

It was such a WTF moment when I saw her being one of their "artists". Artist was a stretch and I say that as someone who actually likes her cover. Then again, I enjoy rainbow throw up :sorry_smiley: I don't have much of a problem with her, mostly because I never watch most of her stuff and don't keep up with her IG. She's just like all the other planner influencers who shill 100 sticker companies and try to use 45 planners.

11.     +5   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    The thing is that she decided to use one to copy several larger accounts. Right down to their styles like Courtney miles and Helen of TCMC. Then everyone thought Julie was the one who brought these planners to the community 😂😂. The vile bitch has created this annoying sub sect of community who thinks Julie is so amazing and doing something so different (than ec for example) . No she is copying other people. Her stack of hobonichi planners is a fucking joke. She just posts what she wants for money. And hobonichi will never give her $ 🤣

On the maske topic she is notorious for link sharing and review and occasionally fake planning in them. But once she gets the $ she’s out.

I had the unfortunate experience of being on a team who sent her a planner. She got way more referrals than rest of us. But she never fucking used it. The rest of team had been using the planner for years

God she’s literally the worst. And such a shitty person. Like, if she’d just find her own thing and own it , instead of this mean girl cash grabbing fake ass bitch, maybe she’d be tolerable. But she can’t be herself cause she’s just always going to do other peoples stuff, and get more exposure. Or she uses what she gets free.

QUOTE=Rainydays,5/12/2023, 19:13 ?t=61757521&st=1650#entry463700783]
    I have nothing against Hobonichi but the planner community is so annoyingly “monkey see-monkey do”. All these influencers suddenly “finding” Hobonichi for 2024 and it’s all about trying to increase views.

The Sterling Ink fake frenzy is even more annoying. I’m waiting for that company to have major issues with one woman seemingly trying to run it all and offer a zillion different formats. I left the FB group because of all the whining.
    [/QUOTE]

12.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I’m quite sure come EC spring launch, she’ll find a way to have another big box of free stuff.

13.     Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Anyone know a Mod so we can start a new thread? 111 pages is a lot?

Name suggestions?

14.     +1   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Ohyoualreadyknow @ 12/6/2023, 02:42 AM) 
    The thing is that she decided to use one to copy several larger accounts. Right down to their styles like Courtney miles and Helen of TCMC. Then everyone thought Julie was the one who brought these planners to the community 😂😂. The vile bitch has created this annoying sub sect of community who thinks Julie is so amazing and doing something so different (than ec for example) . No she is copying other people. Her stack of hobonichi planners is a fucking joke. She just posts what she wants for money. And hobonichi will never give her $ 🤣

On the maske topic she is notorious for link sharing and review and occasionally fake planning in them. But once she gets the $ she’s out.

I had the unfortunate experience of being on a team who sent her a planner. She got way more referrals than rest of us. But she never fucking used it. The rest of team had been using the planner for years

God she’s literally the worst. And such a shitty person. Like, if she’d just find her own thing and own it , instead of this mean girl cash grabbing fake ass bitch, maybe she’d be tolerable. But she can’t be herself cause she’s just always going to do other peoples stuff, and get more exposure. Or she uses what she gets free.

That really grinds my gears. That sounds incredibly frustrating! I'd be pissed at her too in that case, I wish planner companies wouldn't do that shit. I want to see IG and YT of people who ACTUALLY USE the planner, not fake use it.

15.     +2   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Vegan Crumb Manager @ 12/6/2023, 10:23 PM) 
    QUOTE (Ohyoualreadyknow @ 12/6/2023, 02:42 AM) 

That really grinds my gears. That sounds incredibly frustrating! I'd be pissed at her too in that case, I wish planner companies wouldn't do that shit. I want to see IG and YT of people who ACTUALLY USE the planner, not fake use it.

Those of who ACUTALLY USE the planner... we don't have the large IG following... so we don't matter.

But how much more authentic would it be if they sent Sarah Sue and Jane Doe planners. It would be SO much more meaningful and real!

1747 replies since 23/6/2020, 04:07   205408 views