TurtleCreekLane

« Older   Newer »

1.     +10   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Chance, she posts a LOT of stories. I can’t watch them all, so I click through fast.

I have to admit, I kind of like her. But I’m also fascinated by it all in a kind of horrified way. My theory is it’s the Mormon obsession with perfection. It usually targets the women the most. Although, it’s not just specific to Mormons, many religious groups have the same dynamic. But I guess you see more Mormons on social media.

Sometimes she just seems so frantic about it all. I think she could really use a glass of wine lol.

2.     +7   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (bigsurprise @ 23/11/2021, 18:40) 
    It's probably just me but if I owned that house, you'd better believe I'd be sat next to that fire, looking at the amazing view with a giant glass of fine wine from that 'wasted-on-them' wine cellar :lol:

I noticed that snotty, smug, Mormon remark of the wine cellar is wasted on us “because we don’t drink”. Mormons are the biggest of hypocrites. Phony as the day is long.

3.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Mormons fascinate me too. The eyre/pothier family interests me too. They are super super loaded and those kids are always on the go plus they go on trips constantly. That family is also super obsessed with low/no sugar.

4.     +10   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (CallieJade @ 27/11/2021, 16:10) 
    Mormons fascinate me too. The eyre/pothier family interests me too. They are super super loaded and those kids are always on the go plus they go on trips constantly. That family is also super obsessed with low/no sugar.

They also ever tire of trying to making a buck on IG when they are already worth over $100 million. It’s vulgar but then they do need to tithe 10% to the multi-billionaire greedy Mormon organization.

5.     +11   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I can't stand when she "forgets " stuff. Renewing the passports,buying the ticket for Sam, the church dress, etc.

She has assistants, and plenty of money. The fake crisis for views make me click off.

I enjoy the over-the-top decorations, but she loses me with the self-created chaos.

6.     +2   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Planning Karen Orchid’s 60th Birthday Party at The Lake Club!

Status
    Anonymous
    Can someone point to me which Insta story has a tour of the entire storage area? I have the same bins. 😂
    Attached Image
    769E1B56-97C6-4D24-AE99-C52040CF7B40

7.     +8   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I've been watching for a whole tour of the storage area too and haven't found one. I've just seen bits and pieces, the view you just posted is I think the back left corner if you stand in the doorway?

I found her a couple years ago, and was fascinated by the way over the top Candyland Christmas, but honestly, it all ends up looking like the department store in the movie ELF rather than a warm inviting home to me. It's fun to watch but I sure as shit wouldn't want to live there, I think it's why the daughter retreated to the car, just to escape the chaos.

As far as the Mormon thing goes, I have my reasons for disliking the faith and it's teachings, and it starts with how women are valued only for their womb and goes from there. What they really are is a huge money generating machine, churning wealth thru all their members and drawing in outside moneies, while totally disrespecting any other religion.

I also generally just tap thru the majority of her stories on IG. It feels like 80% are just sponsored crap and the reset is me looking at her skeletal frame and thinking....her thigh gap is astonishing. How can any female body be THAT thin and still function? Maybe that's why they struggled with infertility for so many years...???

As a general rule their lifestyle isn't something I find physically or mentally healthy, but I do keep following just for the over-the-top decorating ideas. I take 1/1000th of what she does and think it's enough for my house.

8.     +6   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Planning Karen Orchid’s 60th Birthday Party at The Lake Club!

Status
    Anonymous
    Agree completely!

I also loathe pastels, so other than a few pieces here or there for Valentine’s Day or Easter, I wouldn’t even want her decor. Most of it is junk made in China. Quality over quantity. Or better yet, quality & quantity. Most of her stuff isn’t appealing to me. She was bragging about some conversation heart pillows that came from the Dollar Store. That would be of note except she had 300 of them.

Heather from Real Housewives of Salt Lake City is hilarious. She left the Mormon church and was joking that according to their beliefs, she would have to ask Jeffrey Dahmer to get into Heaven because she walked away.

9.     +6   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (CrankyPantsApparently @ 27/11/2021, 19:47) 
    I've been watching for a whole tour of the storage area too and haven't found one. I've just seen bits and pieces, the view you just posted is I think the back left corner if you stand in the doorway?

I found her a couple years ago, and was fascinated by the way over the top Candyland Christmas, but honestly, it all ends up looking like the department store in the movie ELF rather than a warm inviting home to me. It's fun to watch but I sure as shit wouldn't want to live there, I think it's why the daughter retreated to the car, just to escape the chaos.

As far as the Mormon thing goes, I have my reasons for disliking the faith and it's teachings, and it starts with how women are valued only for their womb and goes from there. What they really are is a huge money generating machine, churning wealth thru all their members and drawing in outside moneies, while totally disrespecting any other religion.

I also generally just tap thru the majority of her stories on IG. It feels like 80% are just sponsored crap and the reset is me looking at her skeletal frame and thinking....her thigh gap is astonishing. How can any female body be THAT thin and still function? Maybe that's why they struggled with infertility for so many years...???

As a general rule their lifestyle isn't something I find physically or mentally healthy, but I do keep following just for the over-the-top decorating ideas. I take 1/1000th of what she does and think it's enough for my house.

I am the same. I skip the sponsorship stuff, too. I also agree about the Mormon stuff, too. I went a Mormon church for the baptism of my friends baby daughter and was shocked only men were up front. My friend (the MOM) remained in her seat. I totally disagreed with that. It takes both parents to raise a child. I think they take the men domination of the household too far. My husband and I work together to make our family operate.

10.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Apparently, she was thinking of doing a Mexican inspired Christmas tree. Kimmy said she decided to “Phone a friend,” and somehow got the former President of Mexico Vincente Fox to send Jen a message to do a tree. Which was kind of cool, I thought. And what kind of connections does this family have? Although, the tree looks like a Mexican candy store lol. She also mentioned three of her kids speak fluent Spanish.

11.     +3   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Maybe they did their Mormon missionary work in Mexico - lots of Mormons did settle in Mexico from what i understand.

Everything about this woman is fake, fake, fake.

12.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I will watch her to see how she will decorate but this year seems major over the top, however, I think there is an organization selling tickets for tours as a charity fundraiser. I think that is why it is even more over the top this year. I get nervous watching the set up because it is so busy!

13.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    What is the point of taking a child under 1 year old to Disney. Stevie Kate hasn't had her first birthday and she has been twice already.

14.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Call me crazy @ 1/12/2021, 04:27) 
    What is the point of taking a child under 1 year old to Disney. Stevie Kate hasn't had her first birthday and she has been twice already.

My daughter will be one next month and has to been to Disney world 4 times. But we also have other children

15.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Call me crazy @ 1/12/2021, 04:27) 

It’s probably more for the adults. We took our daughter to Disneyland when she was six but she barely remembers it.

1118 replies since 13/7/2020, 13:52   279713 views