« Older   Newer »

1.     +16   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 29/9/2020, 17:08) 
    I’m definitely a doubter about a large trust fund. Always have been.

I’m a doubter if the large trust fund AND the Ross wealth. Sure, they’re comfortable and then some, but I don’t think they’re eff off rich like some Bakers seem to imply.

Forget the orange one, there a couple other Donalds tax returns I’d be interested in seeing :snickering:

2.     +5   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group
    Building my forever daughter-in-law collection

Status
    Anonymous
    SingHo!toDons2ndWife

When Don was working for a non family owned business, wasn’t there a whole lot of pearl clutching about finances?

I think Don is paid a nepotistic salary by Ol’ Daddy Poops. But other than that, I haven’t seen any evidence of deep wealth 🤷🏼‍♀️

3.     +12   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Jen has suburban shopping mall taste. Starbucks, Target, Bath and Body Works. Disney World, Pottery Barn. Tiffany, J. Crew.

They may have a lot of money, but Jen and Don have no taste. Extremely limited world view that prevented them from even entertaining the idea of shopping beyond what could be found in the mall.

Look at how they traveled to Europe - no direct flight, waiting around for trains with their luggage, etc.

4.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (walkingpharmacy @ 9/29/2020, 09:49 AM) 
    Jen has suburban shopping mall taste. Starbucks, Target, Bath and Body Works. Disney World, Pottery Barn. Tiffany, J. Crew.

They may have a lot of money, but Jen and Don have no taste. Extremely limited world view that prevented them from even entertaining the idea of shopping beyond what could be found in the mall.

Look at how they traveled to Europe - no direct flight, waiting around for trains with their luggage, etc.

Even for myself, who has a much smaller budget than the Rosses, I don’t see anything there to aspire to. If I am going to dream about wealth, I want it to be more classy and more out of reach for the 99%.

5.     +6   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Money can't buy class or taste.

If I had a lot of money to throw around, after traveling to the really far destinations I've not seen yet, I'd buy a big fat beautiful Bosendorfer piano. Now that is a work of art. I don't really care about designer handbags or clothes much.

6.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    "If they are yours they will stay."
    -Vague Shitquote

Why does she have to make everything so masturbatory/deep? It's not that serious.

If she is referencing her viewers... They stay for the circus, not because they are hers. :rolleyes:

7.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (TheGhostOfDon’sBalls @ 29/9/2020, 02:31) 
    Awww I shed a tear watching the video tour of ol’ brownie. What happened within those walls that destroyed your marriage. Tell us Jen. https://tour.vht.com/434065830/2732-indepe...-il-60025/video

The sad, sad picture of the office with the sad, sad lonely desk, little window with blinds closed and whiteboard with "welcome home!".

It would have been better without the text.

https://tour.vht.com/434065830/2732-indepe...il-60025/photos

8.     +10   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    "If they are yours they will stay."

Maybe Donny said he had fun at Dad’s this weekend. And the nostrils went airborne.

9.     +7   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    ok normally I think they were both done with the relationship but then she posts shitquotes like that one...

10.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Narcissism101 @ 29/9/2020, 14:18) 
    QUOTE (ShiseidoCottonPad @ 29/9/2020, 06:26) 
    Jen definitely has her panties in a knot about something. I wonder if it is related to the Manor- or if the relist was just coincidental. Apparently, according to today's shitquote, she needs to be strong and therefore is very stong. (dubious)

It could just be the negative feedback from social media comments and DMs. It’s happened before and she’s responded in the same way. But you’re right....there could be something else going on that already has her in a snit. Possibilities:
    1. She found out Don is seeing someone
    2. The Rosses vetoed her going to Utah at Christmas
    3. Final divorce hearing has been delayed. If it’s just a formality, it shouldn’t matter, it Jenbot wouldn’t cope well if this happened.
    4. Something hasn’t gone her way in the negotiations, and will mean less $.
    5. She got $800k for a house based on house selling for X. House isn’t selling though, and she has to pay back some money if they drop the price.
    6. Don wants to move back into Manor 1.0
    7. Someone in one of the kids classes got COVID and the whole class is shut down now for 2+ weeks and the kids will be at home 24/7
    8. Her new life coach/counselor/therapist told her to grow up
    9. She doesn’t understand that you don’t get extra alimony/child support if a big expense comes up (unless said expense is addressed directly in the agreement) and has some unexpected expense....a costly car repair, a big increase in her health insurance premiums, etc. and she’s mad because Don won’t pay
    10. Suzanne finally told her to grow up

I’m more inclined to think it’s one of the first 5. Bakers?

#2 would be funny - how would she spin it? But another miserable RV trip with weirdly lonely Jen that can't even do a lot of outdoors activity due to COVID and the cold would also be a form of comeuppance.

#5 and #9 would make sense with her budgeting comment before her break - let's face it, she used to say she budgeted her play money, but we all know she barely did.

#8 and 10 are unlikely - the first because they are wiser than Judith and want to keep the checks coming, the second because she's anti-scapegoating.

I am personally hoping for either #4 or #3 - the lawyer comment would then make sense, and with the way she has bahaved towards her ex, she kind of deserves for him to hold his ground and not give her everything.

11.     +18   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    She is so insufferable she eventually drives everyone away. If Don—who was completely enamored with her—couldn’t stand her any longer, I doubt anyone could stick around for the long haul. She is destined to be alone, surrounded by her things...the stuff that brings her more joy than her children ever will. After all, your “stuff” never asks anything of you. Except plants. But they don’t have opinions, so she might actually enjoy caring for them.

12.     +21   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    frantically trying to turn my closet into a Crowned Athletics showroom to prove I'm in control of my life

Status
    QUOTE (Meow2 @ 29/9/2020, 19:24) 
    ok normally I think they were both done with the relationship but then she posts shitquotes like that one...

I’ve always felt Don left her. Both may have been unhappy but I think he pulled the trigger. If she wanted the divorce, then her divorce announcement probably would have had at least subtle implications that SHE made the decision because HE was at fault. But instead she talked about how they mutually decided to part ways blah blah blah. That’s the face-saving spin you put on it when you don’t want to say you got dumped. Plus she looked absolutely despondent...not the look of someone who wanted out.

13.     +9   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 9/29/2020, 05:08 PM) 

OK I do believe that Jen's family has money. I don't know about how much, but definitely enough. She probably has $300k of her own money I'd bet, and then whatever her and Don split. She easily has a net worth of $1.5 - 2million.

When Jen lived in Pittsburgh, she lived in a super nice neighborhood called Mt Lebanon. It's mostly wealthy people, but the houses aren't THAT nice. (Well most of them. You're pretty much buying to say you live in Mt Lebanon, and the school district is pretty good. Plus you're not 45+ mins outside of downtown) Anyway, I found out the exact street that Jen's family lived on in the 90s. It's a pocket of super nice homes that go for over $1Million. Keep in mind, the cost of living in Pittsburgh is somewhat low, especially compared to NY and Chicago. The homes on the street are all stone, and very 'old money'. Most families who live on the street are both doctors, both corporate attorneys, etc.

So I do believe that if Jen's fam could live on this street and Jill didn't really have to work, just chauffeur Jen to different ballet practices, etc. they have money. I don't think they have ROSS money, but they've got some wealth.

That's my 2c. I do live in Pittsburgh area.

14.     +17   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    When I put myself in Don’s shoes (super extra large, needing extra large packing cubes), I think he just got pushed out. Slowly, incrementally, Jen took over the closet, the drawers, the spare rooms, the refrigerator, and he finally realized he was simply a paycheck to Jen. And he started thinking about what he wanted from life. All he could come up with was more sex, so he decided he was hyper sexual. Jen said, please, I’m a mother now!! And Don moved on.

15.     +2   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (SundanceEarringss @ 9/29/2020, 01:51 PM)
    QUOTE (Bangle Bitch @ 9/29/2020, 05:08 PM) 

OK I do believe that Jen's family has money. I don't know about how much, but definitely enough. She probably has $300k of her own money I'd bet, and then whatever her and Don split. She easily has a net worth of $1.5 - 2million.

When Jen lived in Pittsburgh, she lived in a super nice neighborhood called Mt Lebanon. It's mostly wealthy people, but the houses aren't THAT nice. (Well most of them. You're pretty much buying to say you live in Mt Lebanon, and the school district is pretty good. Plus you're not 45+ mins outside of downtown) Anyway, I found out the exact street that Jen's family lived on in the 90s. It's a pocket of super nice homes that go for over $1Million. Keep in mind, the cost of living in Pittsburgh is somewhat low, especially compared to NY and Chicago. The homes on the street are all stone, and very 'old money'. Most families who live on the street are both doctors, both corporate attorneys, etc.

So I do believe that if Jen's fam could live on this street and Jill didn't really have to work, just chauffeur Jen to different ballet practices, etc. they have money. I don't think they have ROSS money, but they've got some wealth.

That's my 2c. I do live in Pittsburgh area.

Funny you say this because the one couple I know who live in Mt Lebanon, yep, one of them is a successful attorney. :thumbs-up:

946 replies since 28/9/2020, 01:54   101923 views