Anonymous
    New thread

Carry on

2.     +2   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    My governor (Ohio) is going to make a big speech today at 5:30 instead of the usual 2:00. We're doing really badly lately. All counties have high incidence of the virus.

3.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    We are not doing well in the Midwest. It's a 50% increase in cases in the past 2 weeks in my state. We have had a mask mandate for months, but a few counties have opted not to do it. And people are still gathering, having football watch parties, etc. People are selfish and stupid.

4.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Lucky_Me @ 10/11/2020, 17:52) 
    My governor (Ohio) is going to make a big speech today at 5:30 instead of the usual 2:00. We're doing really badly lately. All counties have high incidence of the virus.

Ohio here also... wonder what he is planning.

5.     +5   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Yesterday’s numbers in Indiana: 4879 cases and 63 new deaths. Our state now has 219,383 cases and 4481 deaths. :( We have and have had a mask mandate. While not hoarding, we’re starting to stock up on groceries and supplies so my mom and I can stay home. Poor hubby has no choice but to be out as he has to get those goods to your local Walmart.

6.     +9   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Remember back in March when we thought this would be gone in a matter of weeks or maybe a month? :embarrassed-smile-smiley-emotic :shaking_head_smiley_emoticon: ;_; :p: :(

7.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (IDon'tEatSugar @ 10/11/2020, 19:21) 
    Yesterday’s numbers in Indiana: 4879 cases and 63 new deaths. Our state now has 219,383 cases and 4481 deaths. :( We have and have had a mask mandate. While not hoarding, we’re starting to stock up on groceries and supplies so my mom and I can stay home. Poor hubby has no choice but to be out as he has to get those goods to your local Walmart.

Mine hauls propane in the winter.. so luckily he deals with nobody except at loading.. even then it is 1 person.

QUOTE (Gossip Rags @ 10/11/2020, 20:59) 
    Remember back in March when we thought this would be gone in a matter of weeks or maybe a month? :embarrassed-smile-smiley-emotic :shaking_head_smiley_emoticon: ;_; :p: :(

Back in March I told my friend... this is just like all the other sicknesses.. it is here to stay.

8.     +2   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Crazybunch it scares me because he deals with office people at the DCs, store people, people at other companies when he goes to do vendor pickups. I’ve been making him take vitamin C and elderberry but I know that’s more for my peace of mind that it is effective. :(

9.     +5   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status

Oh no :( Never a good sign when they push press conferences back!

Thinking of you all in the Northern Hemisphere. Down Under it's heating up - seems like warm weather + outdoor living helps keep Covid transmission under control. The first time I've felt lucky to have Christmas in summer.

10.     +3   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Oops, I wrote today, but it's tomorrow that DeWine will speak. Last time he did this we just got a talking to. Now I think we'll be grounded.

https://www.dayton.com/news/coronavirus-de...BD2BN2NPLJHCX4/

11.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Gossip Rags @ 11/10/2020, 12:59 PM) 

Who do you think you're talking to, Trump? JK. I never thought that. All the infectious disease people I know were saying to prepare to lock down for 2-3 months.

12.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    A Wednesday presser ... yep.. we are in for it!

The high school shut down for this week.. too many sick staff. The middle school sends out a notification seems every 3-5 days about a positive.... I get the texts cause it is from the school... but I feel it is against HIPPA ... they don't tell you when rotovirus or norovirus and flu is rampant. Yes I know this is different... but to me it is an invasion of privacy. Glad my kids are home.

13.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (IDon'tEatSugar @ 11/10/2020, 01:21 PM) 

Thanks to your hubby and all the other truck drivers out there. I've been using Walmart's grocery pickup almost exclusively since this started. There have been some shortages but it has all been very manageable. The truck drivers played a huge part in it.

We're also trying to stock up in case things get bad here. Plus, we tend to get winter storms that can keep us in for a few days up to a week. I don't want to have to run out to the store last minute with all the yahoos to pick up bread, eggs, and milk. :D

14.     +3   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Kushcolorado @ 11/10/2020, 04:39 PM) 
    QUOTE (Gossip Rags @ 11/10/2020, 12:59 PM) 

Who do you think you're talking to, Trump? JK. I never thought that. All the infectious disease people I know were saying to prepare to lock down for 2-3 months.

haha I meant initially, like thinking I'll be back in the office in a few weeks no problem.

15.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous

Fellow Ohioan here 👋🏻 The Gov’s statewide address is Wed at 5:30 PM. Not sure what to expect, but apparently ND’s answer to hospital staffing shortages is to have workers testing positive continue to come to work. Does anyone know of that is really happening in health care?

I know, from teacher friends in OH and WV, that teachers with close contact with someone who tested positive are not required (permitted?) to self-isolate as the CDC recommends.

ETA: Schools are not subject to HIPAA compliance, nor is Kroger or anyone other than a health care provider or one who stores and processes PHI (such as in a database.)

4921 replies since 10/11/2020, 17:49   188356 views