Covid 19/Coravirus Pt 2

« Older   Newer »

1.     +4   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    DisneyPrincess - I have pals in NZ - they had just told me there are no cases of Covid and I was astonished!!!
    Having one case - wow … 🙏👍

2.     +6   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Hunchback of Glenview @ 17/8/2021, 13:21) 
    It's really a nightmare out there. It's easy to say "continue life with precautions", when idiots REFUSE TO DO THE PRECAUTIONS :f: The ones that were demanding businesses be opened the first time around are the same ones who refuse to do what needs to be done to keep the employees of those businesses safe. "We should all be allowed to determine our own risk factors and do what we feel is best"....bullshit. That works if you want to smoke in your own home. It doesn't work when there is a contagious virus.

shitshow I will pray for your mom.

Sadly, there will always be a selfish group who refuse to do the right thing by wearing a mask or getting vaccinated. I give up trying to convince them. They are so wrapped up in their ignorance and their “I do what I want and fuck you” attitude that literally nothing will change their mind until they get seriously sick with COVID. Unfortunately they will take down people around them in the process.

3.     +5   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    In the Powder Room Sharing with Wonder 🙌🌎🦋🏆

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Beetrix @ 17/8/2021, 13:39) 
    DisneyPrincess - I have pals in NZ - they had just told me there are no cases of Covid and I was astonished!!!

Yeah. We've been covid free for a while. We take this case extremely seriously as we don't want to be like Aussie with their outbreak. Short sharp serious lockdown might do it. Then back to normal.

4.     +4   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    While my kneejerk reaction also sides with leaving deliberately unvaxxed Covid patients outside ER, unfortunately / fortunately medical ethics don't allow for that scenario. However, when hospitals are overwhelmed then staff have no choice but to implement battlefield triage. So the unvaxxed shouldn't assume they can rest easy. The prognosis for a large proportion of unvaxxed being poor, in this situation others are likely to be given priority.

The safest option for children is mandatory vaccination against all the deadlies, Covid included. They deserve protection from harm caused by ignorant parents. An additional hospital fee charged to patients who choose to take health risks, would also get my vote.

As for leaders who advocate against preventative measures so as to curry favor with those too ignorant or uncaring to comprehend the necessity; once the dust finally settles, it will be interesting to see whether their followers are any the wiser having lost many amongst them . . .

5.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (DisneyPrincess @ 17/8/2021, 15:04) 

Yeah. We've been covid free for a while. We take this case extremely seriously as we don't want to be like Aussie with their outbreak. Short sharp serious lockdown might do it. Then back to normal.

Super curious. Can you share what normal is in NZ? Are you required to mask? Are people vaccinated? Are most people working remotely? Any information you wish to share would be helpful.

6.     +3   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (DisneyPrincess @ 18/8/2021, 00:04) 

The east coast is such a disaster at the moment. I’m so glad to live in Perth where we also do short sharp lockdowns to get it under control fast so we can get back to normal.

7.     +15   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I admire Jacinda Ardern‘a Covid response. She knows how to governor with both strength and empathy. If only the rest of the world’s leaders were like her. They could stand to learn a thing or two from her for sure.

FYI, surgery back on for Thursday. 👍🏻

8.     +2   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    That’s great news!

9.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    We are unvaccinated my son my boss my husband my best friend myself but personally I go nowhere I go to work one day a week where I work 100% alone we have pick up at the grocery store so I really don't feel like I'm hurting anyone locally here the hospitals are not overwhelmed at all. My husband was rear-ended the other day and broke his thumb and he got right in and taken care of it was no big deal at all

10.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Goomie12 @ 17/8/2021, 19:03) 
    We are unvaccinated my son my boss my husband my best friend myself but personally I go nowhere I go to work one day a week where I work 100% alone we have pick up at the grocery store so I really don't feel like I'm hurting anyone locally here the hospitals are not overwhelmed at all. My husband was rear-ended the other day and broke his thumb and he got right in and taken care of it was no big deal at all

Out of curiosity why have you chosen not to be vaccinated?

11.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    You want the truth? It scares me and that's the bottom line. I have seen so many reports of adverse reactions and I have health problems as it is so I'm just laying in the Weeds on this one for now like I said I don't go out anywhere so I'm not hurting anyone

12.     +1   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Goomie12 @ 17/8/2021, 19:26) 
    You want the truth? It scares me and that's the bottom line. I have seen so many reports of adverse reactions and I have health problems as it is so I'm just laying in the Weeds on this one for now like I said I don't go out anywhere so I'm not hurting anyone

You are talking about yourself, but what about the others in your household that are not vaccinated? Are they able to stay in a bubble and not go anywhere?

13.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Goomie12 @ 17/8/2021, 19:26) 

I hear you. I got mine as soon as it was possible. More because my husband's anxiety about Covid was unbearable and I needed us to find a path back from him living in so much fear. I will never know if it was the right choice or not. I made the decision that we deal with so many chemicals, toxins and pollutants what's one more going to do. I felt bad for a few days after the vaccine but I am happy I did it. Given the choice I would do it again.

14.     +8   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Oh hun, get the shot. You may think you're a hermit lving in a Covid-free bubble, but your brief post already mentions you have "health problems", as well as your hub needing emergency medical treatment. Therefore he came into contact with others.

Unless there's some unusual contraindication in your medical history confirmed by your own doctor, the chance of life threatening adverse reaction is roughly one in a million versus one in just a couple of hundred or so if you contract Covid. If you haven't already, check out the exact stats for yourself. Taking a headache pill is probably not that much safer.

Goomie12

15.     +8   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I do think it is rather funny that I have a sibling that eats Chick-FIL-A like it was his full-time job but says he won’t get the vaccine because he doesn’t know what is in it. As he knocks down mutant chicken without batting an eye, he can’t be arsed to look up the ingredients of a vaccine. Yeah, OK. 🥴

4921 replies since 10/11/2020, 17:49   188367 views