« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    In the Powder Room Sharing with Wonder 🙌🌎🦋🏆

Status
    Anonymous
    I thought this was an interesting article about where society is at and the flip-flopping of beliefs.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/...i-vaxxers-power

2.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    "Maybe you should put some shorts on or something if you want to keep fighting evil today."

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Marnificent @ 9/25/2021, 04:30 PM) 
    My neighbor said that Covid doesn’t exist because… get this… people are not dying in their homes with it. Um, well they are, but a lot of people that talk a big game about Covid being no big deal also go running to the people they demonized to fix them and end up dying in hospitals.

I truly believe we are in a civilization decline.

My husband's uncle who I mentioned in an earlier post, passed away this afternoon due to Covid complications. His aunt who is still on a respirator in ICU is not any better.

These were/are healthy people prior to Covid (as were their son & daughter-in-law who are still hospitalized too).

It's incredibly sad because they could have given themselves a fighting chance had they been vaccinated.

3.     +11   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    You guys, do you think the Covid deniers are so terrified of the pandemic that spread across the world so swiftly that they would rather be comforted by their denial that accept facts? Maybe they will have a complete breakdown if they accept reality. I just wonder because there doesn’t seem to be a sane explanation.

4.     +7   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    I’m so sorry for your loss and for everyone who has lost a loved one to Covid. It’s so sad because now with the vaccine those who are fully vaccinated have around a 95% survival rate. Watch any of these doctors on YouTube for the real info, Dr. John Campbell, MedCram and Duc Vuong. A free vaccine for American’s that will prevent severe disease, hospitalization and death and almost half won’t get it because of the uneducated giving health advice. People in poorer countries would do just about anything for a vaccine. I’ll be in line for my third Moderna, my booster vaccine.

QUOTE (LateKate @ 25/9/2021, 23:42) 
    You guys, do you think the Covid deniers are so terrified of the pandemic that spread across the world so swiftly that they would rather be comforted by their denial that accept facts? Maybe they will have a complete breakdown if they accept reality. I just wonder because there doesn’t seem to be a sane explanation.

Idk, I have a friend who is around 70 and she refuses to get the vaccine because of some ill founded belief that the MRNA vaccine will magically alter your DNA or RNA. It’s ridiculous and she should know better.

5.     +8   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    BowlingForSnark

So very sorry for your lose.
    Sending prays to the rest of your family🙏

6.     +9   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (BowlingForSnark @ 25/9/2021, 23:27) 
    My neighbor said that Covid doesn’t exist because… get this… people are not dying in their homes with it. Um, well they are, but a lot of people that talk a big game about Covid being no big deal also go running to the people they demonized to fix them and end up dying in hospitals.

My husband's uncle who I mentioned in an earlier post, passed away this afternoon due to Covid complications. His aunt who is still on a respirator in ICU is not any better.

These were/are healthy people prior to Covid (as were their son & daughter-in-law who are still hospitalized too).

It's incredibly sad because they could have given themselves a fighting chance had they been vaccinated.

I am sorry for your loss. ❤️

Early part of August my cousin was hospitalized with Covid in Florida. He ended up dying - it will be two weeks on Monday. He was a few years younger than me. He was in his early 40’s without any known medical conditions. He leaves behind a wife, two kids and a twin brother. He was unvaxxed and went right along with what a lot of my other family members believe. The vaccine is the mark of the beast.

It is sad to see it all go down and there isn’t a damn thing I can do about it. They don’t and won’t listen to me because I am a “backslider.” It is not just politics playing a part in this mess. It is found in evangelical movements as well.

7.     +6   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    Sorry for your loss, BowlingForSnark

8.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous

I definitely do. My brother is this way. Years ago my mom was actually on her deathbed and he refused to accept she was dying. I can list a half dozen things like that with him. And of course now this situation. I don't think he can hack reality so he disassociates himself from it.

I had a boss that was in a war torn country. Shells erupted outside his office door. He spent the morning filing. Had the clerks tidying. Said he couldn’t deal with it and just busied himself.

So yes 100% I think some are putting their head in the sand.

Then there are some SOBs who are doing it to make a name for themselves. My husband and I were discussing this today. He was telling me the algorithms on Twitter reward negative. That's your FOX correspondent types who quietly got their jab but still spouting garbage.

9.     +6   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Oh Marnificent , that is so terribly, terribly sad.

We had to leave a church because of their stand on masks and social distancing. It was heartbreaking. What part of love your neighbor and put yourself last do people not understand?

I was sadly comforted by an article that (based on polling) stated that only 6-8% of people who call themselves evangelicals hold to the basic tenets of the orthodox Christian faith. I'm afraid that is what we are seeing played out. It's all megachurches, smoke, and mirrors and very little Jesus.

10. Cinderella
        +9   Like  

User deleted

So I just found out my cousin found out last Sunday she had Covid. Yesterday she couldn’t breathe so she called 911. She is in ICU with pneumonia and intubated. My aunt and uncle are beside themselves with worry. This is the same cousin who thinks Covid is fake, isnt vaccinated, is a conspiracy theorist, thinks Biden’s at fault for everything, thinks Trumps will be back (and was supposed to be back already), as President when Biden is impeached for the election he stole., etc. I feel bad for the cousin I grew up with as a child, and feel bad for my aunt and uncle, and of course feel bad that another family member is going through this. But I’m having trouble with feeling bad that she is as sick as she is, when she’s been so horrible to everyone throughout this whole ordeal. I feel as if karma finally
    Came knocking and she answered the door. I feel it was just a matter of time before it finally caught up with her. I wonder if she does make it if it will change her outlook. I doubt it and that’s sad to me. My aunt and uncle (her parents) are vaccinated and want me to come visit them. I can’t (or won’t) because out of their six adult children only 1 is vaxxed. Knowing they aren’t and visit my aunt and uncle often, I won’t chance it, even though I am vaxxed also.

11.     +3   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (BowlingForSnark @ 9/25/2021, 11:27 PM) 

This is so sad. :(

I am hearing a lot about families where both young/healthy spouses die, along with a young/healthy adult child and maybe a couple of healthy uncles. But the death rate isn't THAT high. So what is going on? Spouses aren't related by blood, so there's not a genetic component in these cases. Could it be environmental/nutritional in addition to the covid? Or maybe they are sharing a particularly virulent sub-strain (don't know if that's even a word)?

It's just devastating to these families where more than one person in the household dies. When covid first happened, my husband and I ran to update our life insurance and told our close family where the policies were. My kids are young adults, but they would have no idea what to do if we both died. We are all vaxed now and are pretty careful, so I hope we don't both/all get sick at all, much less deathly ill. We are in our 40s and fairly healthy (we are overweight but no other medical issues). It's very scary to think that two or more people in the same family could be wiped out by this, especially if they're young and in good health.

12.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I am sorry to read the pain we are going through. I wanted to add about my brother and people like him that go deep in denial, that I envy them. Do you think people who can't process what is happening are happier? I also wonder if they do this to protect themselves from having to talk about fears and if when they are up at 3:00 am do they have a reality check we don't know about.

13.     +2   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous

People within my family really have some weird ass logic behind it. Apparently it was sent from God and they are covered by the blood. It is a test to see who has faith. If you get the vaccine, you are taking the mark of the beast and turned your back against God. Nice theory and all, but we are seeing that the best chance of fighting Covid is with a vaccine and not the blood of Christ. It sounds absolutely insane, I know, but that is truly what they believe. I wish I could post some of their words from social media. Let’s just say this. Some of these crazy posts have made their way onto other platforms. It isn’t super surprising seeing a post of someone you know on a platform made to snark on deniers. 😕

14.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (spinning plates @ 9/26/2021, 01:16 AM) 
    QUOTE (BowlingForSnark @ 9/25/2021, 11:27 PM) 

This is so sad. :(

I am hearing a lot about families where both young/healthy spouses die, along with a young/healthy adult child and maybe a couple of healthy uncles. But the death rate isn't THAT high. So what is going on? Spouses aren't related by blood, so there's not a genetic component in these cases. Could it be environmental/nutritional in addition to the covid? Or maybe they are sharing a particularly virulent sub-strain (don't know if that's even a word)?

It's just devastating to these families where more than one person in the household dies. When covid first happened, my husband and I ran to update our life insurance and told our close family where the policies were. My kids are young adults, but they would have no idea what to do if we both died. We are all vaxed now and are pretty careful, so I hope we don't both/all get sick at all, much less deathly ill. We are in our 40s and fairly healthy (we are overweight but no other medical issues). It's very scary to think that two or more people in the same family could be wiped out by this, especially if they're young and in good health.

I have wondered this too. There are increasing reports on Herman Cain Award of spouses dying, parents and children dying and whole families being taken out and I don't know if it is because they were all in poor health to begin with or if there is another reason they outliers in the survival odds.

15.     +2   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I’m sorry Bowling, Marn and everyone else who has lost a loved one. :(

4921 replies since 10/11/2020, 17:49   188356 views