Covid 19/Coravirus Pt 2

« Older   Newer »

1.     +6   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Mysterygal @ 12/9/2021, 10:52 PM) 
    My daughter has long covid and still can't taste and smell like she used to be able to. She still has shooting pains in her lungs and other neurological issues. She's 15 and probably will have issues from this the rest of her life.

I'm so so so sorry to hear this. So young, too. Has she been taking Zinc at all? Anecdotally, it really helped me when I lost my taste/smell from covid.

2.     +7   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    My daughter has long covid and still can't taste and smell like she used to be able to. She still has shooting pains in her lungs and other neurological issues. She's 15 and probably will have issues from this the rest of her life.

This is heartbreaking. :( I'm so sorry for your daughter.

3.     +17   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I am way behind on this thread but I had a day off and thought what the hay let’s see what’s going on...

So, I am still just baffled by the covid being a mild cold. How in the hell are people still thinking that? 800K dead? That’s a mild cold?
    Please tell me how that equates to a cold?

Ok, so only certain people are effected? Gotcha. So all the grandmas, grandpas, obese, immuncompromised people’s lives don’t matter? I would LOVE a valid response to this because everyone in my life who I’ve asked always just gives me the run around.

Y’all are ok with I’ll keep me and mine safe that’s good enough for me!

I lost my father last December. My hubby lost his grandmother and uncle within 3 days of each other in August. My best friend lost her father in law a in September. Their lives mattered.

My niece is extremely asthmatic. She is a child she has barely been able to leave her house through all this. What kind of life is that for a child? Oh that’s right...it’s not YOUR own child so it doesn’t concern you.

It’s not just a fu¢kin cold you a$$hats. It’s not the flu. A flu hasn’t killed her. A flu never killed my father or family, but covid did.

4.     +11   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    I have a friend who has lost three family members to it within a four month period. His mom and two of his brothers. His family will never be the same.

5.     +10   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group
    "Maybe you should put some shorts on or something if you want to keep fighting evil today."

Status
    Anonymous
    I have lost multiple friends & family members to Covid, my husband lost his best friend in August of 2020 & most recently lost an aunt & uncle (husband & wife) who died within 48 hours of each other. Their son is still in a rehab facility because of the effects of Covid on his lungs & kidneys. His brother currently has it & is not doing well. My husband had almost convinced him to get vaccinated but my mother-in-law talked him out of it. My husband is livid right now because of it.

I know people with long Covid who are still suffering the after effects. My own daughter had a breakthrough case while in Africa this summer & still has issues with taste & smell. It is still slowly returning. Who knows how bad it might have been if she hadn't been vaccinated?

MysteryGal, I am so very sorry about your daughter & hope she gets better with time.

6.     +13   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Exactly BowlingForSnark ! How dare anyone continue to say “it’s just a cold”

It’s infuriating. Who the hell has lost a love one to a cold? Not many. If you still say that after listening to all of the stories of loss and those still suffering from long covid you are an asshole.

7.     +3   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    QUOTE (martiniflightlikedon @ 9/12/2021, 23:02) 

I'm so so so sorry to hear this. So young, too. Has she been taking Zinc at all? Anecdotally, it really helped me when I lost my taste/smell from covid.

I hadn't heard about taking zinc thank you I'm definitely going to give it a try. She really misses being able to taste chocolate.

8.     +4   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Mysterygal @ 12/10/2021, 02:46 AM) 
    QUOTE (martiniflightlikedon @ 9/12/2021, 23:02) 

I hadn't heard about taking zinc thank you I'm definitely going to give it a try. She really misses being able to taste chocolate.

How long has it been? I lost mine for 2 months and gained it back about 2 weeks after taking zinc daily. I still can't taste Coke (😭😭😭😭😭😭😭) and salmon is very off for me, but i've got around 95% of my taste back completely. Best of luck to you. Make sure she knows her feelings of sadness are very real. We as humans get so much joy from eating that when its taken away, it can be detrimental to our mental health.

9.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Mysterygal I am so sorry, poor kiddo.
    She is very young so hopefully her youth will be in her favor, and she will recover. Most people recover but it takes a long time to regrow the nerve endings in the nose and mouth, that were damaged by covid. Nerves recover very slowly. The smell and taste need retraining.

Look into Olfactory training. I am familiar with the Hummel method, but apparently there are others. Worth trying. It's somewhat evidence based.

www.inverse.com/mind-body/smell-training-for-covid19

10. WALTZINGMATILDA
        +3   Like  

User deleted

Hello peeps. Been lurking, too busy to post. Came to say that in a world gone crazy, where nothing stays the same that old adage about the only constant being change has been proven wrong. It's a comfort really that nothing on this thread has changed. 18 freaking months the morons are still trying to own the libs and all have degrees from Q University on immunology.

These same folks are showing up in trench coats, fedoras and sunglasses at a pharmacy outside their own zip code to get their jab all ninja like so their neighbors don't know. Wouldn't want to admit you were wrong or at least do the honorable thing and quietly die for your convictions.

But please post a bunch of ignorant rhetoric you culled from Facebook. My favorite was the gotcha heart attack stuff. My father FIFTY years ago moved south because he didn't want to die shoveling snow. For real. (Other factors too, but this one was part of his reasoning).

Real brainiacs who think a nurse giving an immunization can't tell the difference between a human arm and a rubber one.

I don't care if you were born in America. We need to rebuild. We ought to strip everyone's citizenship. Make us all earn it... take a critical thinking and those who can't pass don't vote. And if you don't pass you get exiled out to Guantanamo or someplace. Honestly don't care where the dumbasses who think this is just a cold go at this point as long as you are put out of my sight and mind. You aren't worth protecting. You are a danger to yourself and others.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

Edited by WALTZINGMATILDA - 12/10/2021, 04:53 AM

11.     +4   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    At this point the people that refuse to take the pandemic seriously and get vaccinated are a danger to themselves and everyone around them. They are walking time bombs that can mutate the virus at any time and endanger the entire world.

12.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    /Same people:
    - China released a deadly virus to kill Americans, they are hiding that millions died in China. WRONG, SILLY CONSPIRACY

For the last effing time (I’ve posted links to articles already), scientists are now saying that the genetic links do not point to a lab. The virus was first discovered at three meat markets at the same time, hundreds of miles away from the lab. So the lab technicians traveled hundreds of miles to three different meat markets to do their food shopping??? Right, like that makes sense. Oh wait, logic and sense have no bearing on anti covid beliefs, I keep forgetting that.

13.     Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (BouffantLiz @ 1/12/2021, 18:34)
    Dr. Campbell is in the UK. He’s a doctor of nursing and taught in a nursing hospital or school. He isn’t a general practitioner, much less an epidemiologist or infectious disease doctor.

He started out with good information about covid, he had good explanations of the updates. But his comment section was taken over by the conspiracy theorists. Eventually he started pandering to their crazy ass beliefs. After that, his you tube views and subscriptions started going up. What do you know, fancy that happening.

I follow a scientist from Australia whose channel is called Back to the Science. She debunks covid myths. I highly recommend it. Plus she has a cute dog lol. She was sharing info with Dr. Campbell and he had her on a video. She messaged him with correct info about the covid myths he was promoting, but he didn’t answer her back.

So the oh so righteous Dr. Campbell is making money off the gullible conspiracy theorists. Just like the charlatans promoting vaccine myths. Funny how their followers never question how much money they make. So many gullible people out there, I suppose.

QUOTE (EyerollOlympian @ 1/12/2021, 18:43)
    Campbell is a nurse with a PhD.
    He got lured by AdSense coin from antivaxxers and conspiracy theory nutjobs. Can't blame him, people have sold their souls for less.
    His ego got coddled a lot by the antivax community, because he is what we call a White Glove antivax.
    He is the " I am not antivax, but.." hell circle. Even worse than the outright avax trash, in my book, because he pushes those on the fence over the edge, towards not being protected.
    He simplifies medical data, and twists it so the undereducated can swallow his swill with a spoonful of sugar.

Also, his interpretation of clinical research is mediocre, and at times horridly wrong. Such as calling low quality, computer model articles-clinical research. And a dangerous claim at that.
    He had a few videos removed by Youtube, due to spreading misinfo, and of course ,the avaxers were awash with confirmation after that.

Usually I agree with you two ladies' commentary to such a degree, I could almost click 'like' without reading it . . Not that I do, btw . . :lol:

So I'm curious as to why you feel so strongly against Dr Campbell and I respectfully disagree with the points you raise, but maybe I'm missing something.

I don't often comment on this thread as I find that by the time I get around to it, my thoughts have been covered and I admire how most of you keep battling on.

Just for a bit of background - I'm a RN, 100% pro-vaccine and all about the science and bonafide peer reviewed evidence. I'm also originally from London though, (but moved to the US in the 90's after I met my American husband), so I wonder if being a fellow Brit is somehow blinding me to the supposed devious Dr Campbell's conniving . . . :yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon

Sorry - just the thought of this guy being up to no good makes me laugh, so I stand to be enlightened. Until then I'll continue to find him down-to-earth and a mind of useful info that continually hits the target.

14.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Welcome to the discussion, Hannah. Glad you could join the fun lol.

My problem with Dr. Campbell were his videos on ivermectin. He seemed to be saying, or at least implying, that the authorities were hiding information, and that it works against Covid. According to Back to the Science, he was following misleading research. The quality research shows no effect on Covid, at least currently.

But I haven’t watched him recently, so don’t know what his current videos are like.

15.     +3   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Aquariusmommyx4 @ 9/12/2021, 17:13) 
    I am way behind on this thread but I had a day off and thought what the hay let’s see what’s going on...

So, I am still just baffled by the covid being a mild cold. How in the hell are people still thinking that? 800K dead? That’s a mild cold?
    Please tell me how that equates to a cold?

Ok, so only certain people are effected? Gotcha. So all the grandmas, grandpas, obese, immuncompromised people’s lives don’t matter? I would LOVE a valid response to this because everyone in my life who I’ve asked always just gives me the run around.

Y’all are ok with I’ll keep me and mine safe that’s good enough for me!

I lost my father last December. My hubby lost his grandmother and uncle within 3 days of each other in August. My best friend lost her father in law a in September. Their lives mattered.

My niece is extremely asthmatic. She is a child she has barely been able to leave her house through all this. What kind of life is that for a child? Oh that’s right...it’s not YOUR own child so it doesn’t concern you.

It’s not just a fu¢kin cold you a$$hats. It’s not the flu. A flu hasn’t killed her. A flu never killed my father or family, but covid did.

This is heartbreaking. So sorry for your loss.

heyheyheynow would you like to respond to this post and let us know why you still think Covid is just a cold?
    Thank you.

4921 replies since 10/11/2020, 17:49   188387 views