The Mimimal Mom

« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Breakdown @ 4/18/2021, 05:53 PM) 
    Tom's channel is tedious and I can't stand to watch it.

Oh but I laughed when I saw the paint splotch on the carpet!

Dawn's gonna be on the Today Show sometime this week, I couldn't be bothered to listen for the details. Dawn humblebragged about it the whole time about how she didn't want to tell her friends, family, or YT viewers and it was ridiculous.

You could have said NO to doing it, you know, if you felt that strongly about it.

Why not brag about it - you should let your viewers know. I think it would be a disservice to your channel not to tell your subscribers. And let your viewers chose if they want (and are even able) to watch it. It should be exciting! Invited your subscribers to watch you. Dawn you are a dunce.

2.     Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I may have misunderstood, but I didn’t get the impression she even watches the today show. She didn’t seem to know what time Koda’s segment was even on in her time zone 🤔

3.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I’m interested to know how Dawn’s lifestyle will be connected to Earth Day. I think she’s frugal, but I don’t think being environmentally conscious is in the forefront of her mind

4.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    they must be scraping bottom barrel top have her on! she is not interesting at all

5.     +1   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Snarky @ 4/19/2021, 04:34 AM) 
    I’m interested to know how Dawn’s lifestyle will be connected to Earth Day. I think she’s frugal, but I don’t think being environmentally conscious is in the forefront of her mind

She'll be on for Earth Day? Don't see the relationship either. I guess she'll come up with something lol.

6.     +1   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    She just did a video on wearing all black...

7.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Yeah and in the comments so many people are applauding her for it. I think it’s fine to have a simple wardrobe and even to stuck with one main colour but it doesn’t have to be black. It’s definitely the wrong colour choice for her

8.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I have to wear black to work 5 days a week. My 2 days off I’m all about color. Having a work uniform makes it easy to get dressed in the morning, but other than that I think it’s so depressing.

9.     +1   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    I hate the expression "this season of my life" lol...

I'm already at the simplified wardrobe for this "season of my life". I liked all her other shirts - they were cute. My wardrobe is pretty much black for work - it's easy. I just don't want to think about it either.

I'd love to go all white but that is not easy to maintain.

Black does wash her out.

10.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Her and Diana totally overuse “season”

Also, for me, a season is something that recurs.

11.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I glanced at the comments. Those who dared suggest that Dawn not wear black every day were quickly chastised by other subscribers, detailing how lovely Dawn looks in black.

12.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I just watched Dawn’s segment in Today show. I actually liked it but not as anything to do with Earth Day. As a segment to inspire people to simplify I think it was well edited and could inspire people to pare down their “inventory”

https://www.today.com/video/-the-minimal-m...tTwVWK37-UPhd7g

13.     +2   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    TFS Snarky. I thought it was well done. But I still can't believe they only have one set of sheets per bed. Most people like to have a backup set in case of illness for both kids or adults, hot flashes and waking up in a sweat puddle, etc. Being up in the middle of the night is no fun but to not have that comfort of putting on the backup set of sheets when you need them is just stupid. Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't want to live without a comfort like that.

14.     Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    We all only have one set of sheets but we have a set of guest sheets so in an emergency we could use those but I don’t have little kids and when I did they had spare sheets for toilet accidents or stomach upsets. We also have always had a couple of retired towels for emergency stomach situations. We also have guest towels so if our washer/dryer broke we could get by until that situation was remedied.

15.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Personally, I like some of her minimalist ideas but I think she's crazy with that 1 fork, 1 towel, 1 bedsheet per person nonsense. Life is messy and unpredictable and not everyone can "just borrow from our moms or something" when we need extras. That is childish and dependent. Besides, where is Mom gonna be when it's two in the morning, the electricity is out but you gave away your extra blankets?
    Having said that, I do like some of her ideas about reducing clutter and I think her Today segment went well.

1062 replies since 22/12/2020, 19:45   201902 views