« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Down-under @ 23/5/2021, 15:49) 
    QUOTE (Snarky @ 23/5/2021, 14:33) 
    So is Adeline making lunch for all the kids? Will she be expected to make lunch for the foster kids (that May or may not happen)?
    Do they eat anything that isn’t processed? I’m guessing an empty fridge and just a few cans/packages pleases Dawn’s minimalism more than colourful produce and fresh food.
    One thing I always enjoyed about Darci Isabella’s channel was her minimalist kitchen but with the huge shelf of produce. Although I couldn’t eat as restricted as Darci’ and family, seeing all that fresh food was very inspiring to me. I have a large kitchen but it isn’t set up well to accommodate loads of product and I really don’t like the look of it in bowls on my counter, which is the only place I have for the produce that doesn’t go in the fridge.
    I’m guessing by not buying much fresh food, Dawn can minimize her trips/orders of groceries. Also, less preparation means more alone coffee time for Dawn in her room.

Which vid is this in?

Today’s video with Diana about air fryer

They do have spare dishes etc in the basement. If Dawn is away Tom brings them up. Tom shouldn’t have to be home alone to be allowed extra dishes.

When they did the 5 year video a few days ago they showed they had put in a garden. What happened to it? Too much work? Too much fresh produce? Dawn couldn’t find chicken fingers and tater tot seeds?

2.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Thanks Snarky

3.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Good news, everybody! In Sunday’s air fryer video, Dawn said she won’t discriminate when selecting walking group buddies, but they have to live on her road. Bless her heart.

4.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    How nice of her. As long as they don’t bring their “annoying” children. If I were her neighbor and saw that video I wouldn’t go near her.

5.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    She’s really gotten full of herself. I watched her years ago when she only had 8k subscribers. She was totally different then.

6.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Ilovebrownies @ 24/5/2021, 14:52) 
    How nice of her. As long as they don’t bring their “annoying” children. If I were her neighbor and saw that video I wouldn’t go near her.

I agree. In that video, she said she was surprised to learn how many viewers live close to her. I’d have no interest in befriending her if I were her neighbor.

QUOTE (CallieJade @ 24/5/2021, 15:30) 
    She’s really gotten full of herself. I watched her years ago when she only had 8k subscribers. She was totally different then.

Yep. I loved her early on. Never missed a video. When the channel started making money, they quit their jobs and sold out.

7.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (EscpGirl @ 25/5/2021, 00:19) 
    QUOTE (Ilovebrownies @ 24/5/2021, 14:52) 

I agree. In that video, she said she was surprised to learn how many viewers live close to her. I’d have no interest in befriending her if I were her neighbor.

QUOTE (CallieJade @ 24/5/2021, 15:30) 

Yep. I loved her early on. Never missed a video. When the channel started making money, they quit their jobs and sold out.

I don’t understand how they make money though.... she rarely has sponsors, never created a product and isn’t great about hustling on Instagram so where is the dough coming from ?!?!?!

8.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    That’s a great question. I know she has a paid FB group and now she’s cashing in on Clutterbug’s and Dana K. White’s followers with the paid minimalism course.
    I wonder if they rent out any of their farmland?
    The truth is, they don’t spend any money. I remember an old video where she talked about keeping the thermostat at an uncomfortable level. She keeps it so warm in the summer the kids don’t want to stay inside. No red flags 🚩 there.

9.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Ilovebrownies @ 5/24/2021, 02:52 PM) 

who would want to walk with her weird annoying ass anyway?? I would rather walk alone than with her
    and why cant she walk alone?? why does she have to put up flyers?? and make a video about it
    she has no friends except her equally annoying sister??

10.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    They do have the income from the soy or whatever they grow on their property.
    There are currently approx 9,400 members of the fb group for the decluttering course.
    She still has at least one paid members only Facebook group.
    Tom flips vehicles
    They also don’t have expenses like babysitters (family), gifts for their kids, good quality food, entertainment/social life.

11.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I forgot about the Facebook group! Don’t understand who would pay her to regurgitate other people’s advice. Nothing she says is ever new or groundbreaking. 🤷🏼‍♀️

12.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Snarky @ 5/25/2021, 02:04 AM) 
    They do have the income from the soy or whatever they grow on their property.
    There are currently approx 9,400 members of the fb group for the decluttering course.
    She still has at least one paid members only Facebook group.
    Tom flips vehicles
    They also don’t have expenses like babysitters (family), gifts for their kids, good quality food, entertainment/social life.

I’ve never heard them mention growing soy. At least they do something with the farmland. Frankly, they ahould sell it and let real farmers have it.

13.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    She is definitely the 3rd wheel on that course. Dana and cas bring so much to the table then we have nerdy little Dawn. I know she always preaches how Tom didn’t want them looking weird. They are far past that.

14.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (CallieJade @ 25/5/2021, 13:34) 
    She is definitely the 3rd wheel on that course. Dana and cas bring so much to the table then we have nerdy little Dawn. I know she always preaches how Tom didn’t want them looking weird. They are far past that.

I might have talked myself into buying the course if it were just Dawn and Cas because I genuinely like their personalities as well as their advice. Couldn’t stomach Dawn’s holier than thou attitude.

I bought Cas’s second book and Melissa Maker’s book and loved both. Has anyone read Dana’s books?

15.     +2   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I’ve listened to Dana’s books. They’re alright. I didn’t get as much as I hoped from them but I think it’s because my house feels messier than it actually is. I have low tolerance of clutter, disorganization, and dirt so I feel like my house is out of control when just a few things need to be put away or sorted.I’m diagnosed ADHD so my head is very cluttered and busy and that contributes to the overwhelm.
    I don’t think we are meant to talk about our activity outside of this group so I’ll just say that a person like me who may have bought the course at a discounted price may have found more value in seeing the dynamic of the 3 women together more insightful than the actual course. The course would be helpful for people who really need major help with their house, rather than just with their mind (like me).
    They’ve made serious bank on that course already.

1062 replies since 22/12/2020, 19:45   201918 views