The Mimimal Mom

« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    QUOTE (LemonLisp @ 12/7/2021, 01:40) 
    oh my I forgot all about the dogs!!! Yes, where are they?????

I hope they’ve been decluttetered to a better inside home.

2.     +1   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    [QUOTE=CallieJade,11/7/2021, 02:33 ?t=61973778&st=585#entry452254695]
    I don’t think she reads most of the comments. People are pretty bold on there at times and she never acknowledges or deletes those.
    [/QUOTE

She doesn’t acknowledge or delete those comments because she can barely read.

3.     +7   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I used to watch Dawn along with others (clutterbug, a slob comes clean, Joshua Becker, Dana White) when I was looking to streamline and minimize my home. I find Dawn’s videos harder to watch these days. She sucks the fun out of her home.The kids rooms looked so sad to me. No pictures, limited number of stuffed animals out, no character sheets. Damn chill lady. I hated her recent video basically shitting all over entry tables, nightstands, etc. It’s really not a big deal if some paper ends up on the counter, you take a few minutes to put it away. I personally like having water next to me and a place for my book and glasses. I rolled my eyes so hard when she said she even wants to get rid of the dining table- she’s gone too far and it seems like all she cares about is getting rid of the most items she can instead of keeping items that she loves, she has space for and that serve her. I just don’t enjoy her any longer. I read here that she is no longer working as a real estate agent. Not surprised at all. She’s too abrasive and I can only imagine her coming into someone’s home and shitting all over it.

4. Orgahnicpahleo
        +3   Like  

User deleted

QUOTE (Snarkvark @ 12/7/2021, 07:04) 
    I used to watch Dawn along with others (clutterbug, a slob comes clean, Joshua Becker, Dana White) when I was looking to streamline and minimize my home. I find Dawn’s videos harder to watch these days. She sucks the fun out of her home.The kids rooms looked so sad to me. No pictures, limited number of stuffed animals out, no character sheets. Damn chill lady. I hated her recent video basically shitting all over entry tables, nightstands, etc. It’s really not a big deal if some paper ends up on the counter, you take a few minutes to put it away. I personally like having water next to me and a place for my book and glasses. I rolled my eyes so hard when she said she even wants to get rid of the dining table- she’s gone too far and it seems like all she cares about is getting rid of the most items she can instead of keeping items that she loves, she has space for and that serve her. I just don’t enjoy her any longer. I read here that she is no longer working as a real estate agent. Not surprised at all. She’s too abrasive and I can only imagine her coming into someone’s home and shitting all over it.

She's gone off the deep end now. I think most would say minimalism should bring your family together, not apart. Especially when you want to get rid of the dining room table where you all should be sitting together. The kids probably walk on eggshells.

5.     +4   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Orgahnicpahleo @ 12/7/2021, 13:37) 
    QUOTE (Snarkvark @ 12/7/2021, 07:04) 

She's gone off the deep end now. I think most would say minimalism should bring your family together, not apart. Especially when you want to get rid of the dining room table where you all should be sitting together. The kids probably walk on eggshells.

My mouth dropped when I watched the video where Diana had to put her drink on the floor in the living room because dawn had no end tables. Diana made some comment to the effect that “it hadn’t gotten knocked over yet.”

I have no words.

6.     +1   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    A minimalist youtuber I have been enjoying (in addition to Erica Lucas, who I have always liked) is Marissa Zen. Yes, she was part of a collab with Dawn but I knew of her before this. They sold everything and moved to Germany (where her husband is from). House is VERY minimalist but she is super relatable (to me, anyway) and as far as I have seen, 0% Jesus talk (which is EXTREMELY RARE for minimalist youtubers if you are really listening. She also isn't super into woo as far as I can see, nor does she homeschool. So she is a snowflake in a haystack unicorn, apparently.)

7. SnarkSeeker
        +2   Like  

User deleted

I started googling because I wondered if there were any furniture guidelines people need to follow, to stay out of CPS trouble. I can’t believe getting rid of the dining table would be acceptable. Didn’t find that, but I found out there is a whole movement about “furniture-free living.” Egad. I found one article where the woman figured she could avoid working out if she got her exercise from squatting and getting up and down off the floor all day.

As far as I’m concerned, it seems as disordered as hoarding, but at the opposite extreme.

8.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I definitely think minimalism can become problematic. I am far from being a minimalist but have done some pretty major purges of belongings in recent years and still have many more I’m working on eliminating. For me I have felt such satisfaction and freedoms in letting things go. I appreciate rooms with less furniture and minimal decor. I enjoy space and openness. I definitely enjoy having less things to clean and less obstacles to work around.
    I feel like many minimalists get to a point where they are no longer able to purge large amounts of items and want that same feeling they had when they initially felt some weight being lifted by having less things. Some are competitive whether that be competition against others, or just themselves, to have a limited amount of items - to only own one pen and one hair elastic. I feel like being that restricted is likely as burdensome as having too many things because it must be like drowning in minimalism. Having only 1 hair tie and thinking that it would be better to own zero hair ties but what if that person likes their hair out of the way so does that mean eliminating the tie and being uncomfortable or maybe thinking the solution will be to have really short hair because that would eliminate the need for the hair tie but also a hair brush and possible that could lead to no longer needing hair conditioner which would be another thing to stop owning etc etc etc. I’m not saying Dawn is at the level but I think it is equally unhealthy to be too attached to items as it is to be too detached.

9.     +1   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Dawn strikes me as depressed.

QUOTE (Miss Phryne Fisher @ 12/7/2021, 15:37) 
    A minimalist youtuber I have been enjoying (in addition to Erica Lucas, who I have always liked) is Marissa Zen. Yes, she was part of a collab with Dawn but I knew of her before this. They sold everything and moved to Germany (where her husband is from). House is VERY minimalist but she is super relatable (to me, anyway) and as far as I have seen, 0% Jesus talk (which is EXTREMELY RARE for minimalist youtubers if you are really listening. She also isn't super into woo as far as I can see, nor does she homeschool. So she is a snowflake in a haystack unicorn, apparently.)

I would recommend Shannon Torres too, she seems sweet and normal

10.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I have thought for a long time that Dawn is running out of things to purge and is starting to be extreme in her thinking. No dining table? Only 6 forks, only 4 chairs and it goes on and on. Pretty soon it will be an empty house with them sitting on the floor. I agree with the previous baker, having less to the extreme is just as bad as drowning in stuff. There must be a happy medium.

11.     +6   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    It's like an anorexia of life.

I think she has control issues and takes it out on their physical belongings.

Their home can't be a restful, enjoyable place to be. To me it looks sterile and rigid.

12.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Breakdown @ 7/12/2021, 11:27 PM) 
    It's like an anorexia of life.

I think she has control issues and takes it out on their physical belongings.

Their home can't be a restful, enjoyable place to be. To me it looks sterile and rigid.

IMO their home cannot be enjoyable cuz dawn is there
    she is such a pill! controlling passive aggressive boring jealous type who is a total drag to be around
    even if you are her husband or kids,bet when she enters a room she sucks the air out of it and it is tense and uncomfortable with her around

13.     +2   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    In the Powder Room Sharing with Wonder 🙌🌎🦋🏆

Status
    Anonymous
    Visual anorexia and control issues describe her very well. She's never happy and content. Goes to extremes. Her kids must dread her culls of everything they own.

14.     +1   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Do you guys think that if she ever leaves the house on her own, the kids just let loose like YEAHHHHH IT'S JUST US AND DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PARTY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and bounce off the walls?

giphy

15.     +5   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Dawn, remember when Tom had one rule and that was to not make your family look weird?
    Ya lookin' kind of weird. 🤷

1062 replies since 22/12/2020, 19:45   201905 views