Jen’s Expense Planner-2021

« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    LateKate Do we have a February thread or should I just post here? Feel free to move this post if you make a new thread.

From today's video. Disclaimer: I watched it sped up so no guarantees I got everything.

peloton towel set (red, on bike) $35
    tank top $19 x I'm sure she bought more than one
    lulu leggings $88 x 2 pairs
    bras current price $17 x 2 (original price $20 ea though)
    thongs $18 ea x 3 but she talked about a discount when you buy 3, no evidence of this on website though

She's been using these since September so she might have made more than one purchase. Says she washes her hair every day.
    Virtue Labs healing oil (can't make this shit up) $42
    shampoo 17 oz, $72 HOLY SHIT
    conditioner, 17 oz, $86, HOLY SHIT
    scalp treatment kit, $90
    ($290 on hair products alone, probably could buy a really nice wig for that price)

instant pot, $120 but obviously not a new purchase
    Netflix reference so whatever the monthly subscription fee is
    Wintering book but I'm pretty sure she mentioned this before because I remember the stupid title, $20.99
    Bogs boots $80 x 2

2.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    frantically trying to turn my closet into a Crowned Athletics showroom to prove I'm in control of my life

Status
    QUOTE (Breakdown @ 2/5/2021, 06:46 PM) 
    LateKate Do we have a February thread or should I just post here? Feel free to move this post if you make a new thread.

From today's video. Disclaimer: I watched it sped up so no guarantees I got everything.

peloton towel set (red, on bike) $35
    tank top $19 x I'm sure she bought more than one
    lulu leggings $88 x 2 pairs
    bras current price $17 x 2 (original price $20 ea though)
    thongs $18 ea x 3 but she talked about a discount when you buy 3, no evidence of this on website though

She's been using these since September so she might have made more than one purchase. Says she washes her hair every day.
    Virtue Labs healing oil (can't make this shit up) $42
    shampoo 17 oz, $72 HOLY SHIT
    conditioner, 17 oz, $86, HOLY SHIT
    scalp treatment kit, $90
    ($290 on hair products alone, probably could buy a really nice wig for that price)

instant pot, $120 but obviously not a new purchase
    Netflix reference so whatever the monthly subscription fee is
    Wintering book but I'm pretty sure she mentioned this before because I remember the stupid title, $20.99
    Bogs boots $80 x 2

Breakdown this is great, thank you! A few things I picked up on...
    She said she had "several" pair of the lululemon crops, so I'm going with 3. If she had two I think a person would say "two" or "a couple." And given that, I'll take the liberty of adding in 3 of the tanks. She actually said she had 4 of the bras, so going with that. SHe mentioned the 3 pack of thongs was 48, so I assume at one point she was able to buy them as a set. She had already mentioned the Wintering book so it was on the January tally, along with the subscription to Audible. Netflix just sent me an email that it's going up to $14/month, so I've added that to the running total of subscriptions she has. Instant pot- I agree, it's probably old, but it certainly isn't a necessity, she's been using it a lot lately, and I get the feeling it's something she got since the divorce so it's going on the Feb tally. Sorry Jen, our tally, our rules!

The only things I'm not sure about are the Peloton towel and the kids' boots. She had said previously that she had a lot of Peloton credits from people using her link. Do we think she got it with credits? Oh the hell with it, I'm adding it in, thanks for checking the price! If she didn't actually pay for it, we all know she spent $35 on something she hasn't shown so it all evens out in the end.
    Which brings us to the kids boots. We live in the south so that was never something I had to buy for my kids. I've been in the habit of leaving off necessities like groceries or anything (was there anything?) for the kids, but these are clearly a luxury brand boot. What say you, bakers? If you live in a climate like hers, is it worth splurging on $80 boots the kids will wear one season? Or do $20 Walmart boots work fine, and this should go on the tally?
    $290 for the hair care stuff. Unbelievable.

3.     +1   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    You're welcome, it was fun and amusing, ha ha ha.

YES, I missed her saying several of the leggings (and the bras too come to think of it); I was going by the two pairs of leggings she held up.

Bogs IMHO are an expensive brand of boots for kids. Only makes financial sense to pass them from kid to kid & family to family because as you say they will outgrow them in a season.

4.     +4   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I think I’ll change the thread title. We can keep posting here till we reach our 60 pages then start a new planner.

5.     Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Don't forget to add all of Donny's bday gifts!

6.     +3   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group
    frantically trying to turn my closet into a Crowned Athletics showroom to prove I'm in control of my life

Status
    QUOTE (ColdOne @ 6/2/2021, 01:59) 
    Don't forget to add all of Donny's bday gifts!

I can do whatever y’all want, but so far I’ve really only been adding things that are just for her and/or ridiculous splurges. I didn’t think Donny’s gifts were all that extravagant. ??

QUOTE (Breakdown @ 5/2/2021, 19:29) 
    You're welcome, it was fun and amusing, ha ha ha.

YES, I missed her saying several of the leggings (and the bras too come to think of it); I was going by the two pairs of leggings she held up.

Bogs IMHO are an expensive brand of boots for kids. Only makes financial sense to pass them from kid to kid & family to family because as you say they will outgrow them in a season.

Maybe I will add one pair of the boots then, since she surely could have gotten them both more reasonable boots for the price of one pair of Bogs?

7.     +3   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    She also showed a $5 green mug with some stupid expression on it on IG stories today. I've already forgotten what it said. Affiliate linked too.

8.     +5   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    I would only tally what she’s spending on herself. That’s how this started.

9.     Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Yes I agree IDES, thanks for the course correction.

10.     Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (The Wookie @ 21/1/2021, 16:08) 
    I have both Thrive and Grove memberships. You can order whenever you want, so you could go months without ordering. I haven't put in a Grove order since October and I'll probably cancel it when it expires. But I feel like Jen does consistently order once a month.

But are you Amazon Prime?

11.     +3   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I feel like her jewelry sales should be documented here.

12.     +10   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Good idea, there will be lots of discussion in the future about what she sold or didn't sell. Here's what Jen took to the consignment shop

Screen_Shot_2021-02-15_at_7Screen_Shot_2021-02-15_at_7_0Screen_Shot_2021-02-15_at_7_1Screen_Shot_2021-02-15_at_7_2

13.     +1   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    :thumbs-up: Good idea adding the consignment stuff.

14.     +1   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    I’m shocked her engagement ring is only appraised at $10.2k. I wonder if Jen picked it out herself or Don did? He went pretty conservative.

15.     +1   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Adding the mug she mentioned the other day. I can't remember what kind it was but she said it was $5.
    Also that tea she showed today, because we all know she already has bins full of tea and didn't need any more. 4 sampler sizes @ $2.90 each plus the stupid "beet sugar" she bought with them as a "sugar alternative" for $9.95.

Mug, $5
    Unnecessary crap from Steepologie, $22.00 (rounded up)

138 replies since 29/12/2020, 22:45   17342 views