« Older   Newer »

1.     +4   Like  

Gluten Free Banana Bread
    Gluten Free Banana Bread

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    If you guys need a more exciting title, please put out some suggestions and I can change it <3

Title changed. Thank you gatogordo

Edited by LateKate - 15/3/2021, 14:02

2.     +2   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    OurHalfAssedHomestead Part2: CeleryRules, BevDrools, HowieIsAMule 😁

3. Bevzilla
        +3   Like  

User deleted

Hmmm.....New title...how about..

Showering is over-rated...I'm not high I'm medicated!

4.     +7   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    I have been a long-time viewer of Bev's channel. I agree with what most have said, which was that her older videos were informative (especially at that time when there weren't many canners/homesteaders doing videos on YouTube). Her recipes going back 8-10 years ago were always brown/beige/stodgy, but at least they weren't just a plate of random ingredients thrown together like they are now.

Fast forward to the present, I find that her channel has significantly gone downhill, in that it is pretty much devoid of any useful information. She used to teach us stuff about canning, sewing, etc., but now it just seems like OHHH is a channel of complaining, smoking pot, complaining some more about Tim Hortons just to go back to Tim Hortons, etc.

Of course, she doesn't have an obligation to create content for us - it is her damn channel and she can film and post what she wants. However, that doesn't mean you are then IMMUNE to CRITICISM. If you post content on YouTube that rubs people the wrong way and they tell you it is rubbing them the wrong way, the proper response is to listen to what folks are saying and to see if there is any merit to the criticism. It seems like she is starting to do that (not posting live streams daily, changing the name of the channel, working on some projects, not smoking and snorting so much on camera). But it's not just these things that piss people off. It's really this martyr complex that she seems to be clinging to. She's the arbiter of all knowledge, and to go against her or challenge the words out of her mouth suddenly means you are challenging HER PERSONALLY. It's really irritating to watch.

For example, I hate when people make claims without any evidence. The latest example off the top of my head is that Canadian milk live stream from the store (which has since been deleted). She said that the black cow label means the milk has been mixed with another nation's milk or something, while the blue cow label means the milk is pure Canadian (I can't transcribe the statements verbatim since the stream has been deleted, but she was claiming a difference in the meaning behind the two cow labels). She said that she found this out from Howie. I know we all love our family, but unless Howie works for the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, he isn't a reliable source. In fact, I did some investigation and I found no evidence corroborating her statements about the difference between blue and black cow labels on Canadian milk products. Her statements could very well be true, but I could not find an article that "exposes" the cow labels. So why spread false information without doing research? Or, if it is true, you should post the link where you read the article about the cow labels and let us decide.

The spreading of information without evidence doesn't just begin with the cow labels. She does this all the time. She makes statements about gardening or drugs or the effects of this and that and there is never any evidence. The issue with this is that many people will listen to her and think this information is true, which could actually HURT people. It's fine to give your experience on things, but don't tout information as true unless you have done your research.

This is just one of the bigger issues I have with Bev. The excess pot smoking and passing it off as "medicating" is another big one. Smoking that much pot to cover up ailments that are obviously being compounded due to her weight and lifestyle is a really tragic thing to witness on camera. I am not doubting fibromyalgia as a real thing or that it causes real pain. Heather from The Kneady Homesteader also suffers from fibro and what did she do? She started to exercise, eat better, drink more water, do more. She stopped whining to the camera and tried to make a change. She lost weight. Bev could do the same. She has A LOT of things to do around that house. The outside of her house looks like a huge mess. This has nothing to do with not knowing how to decorate. This is about caring about yourself and having some respect for those around you, your animals, nature, and the energy others put into giving you things for your home. You don't have to be perfect, but I think, if you are going to have a YouTube channel that inspires others, you should at least TRY.

Anyway, that's about all I have to say. She could very well be depressed, which would explain the sleeping all day, the lack of care for her appearance and her house, etc. It could have been going on for a very long time. We should at least try to be empathetic towards that front. I am not going to touch the alleged "e-begging" or her finances because that's a completely separate thing that I honestly don't really care about because people freely gave that money to her. Overall, I just wish she takes some time for herself, try some new things and find some new recipes, and just get out of this neverending loop that she is in.

5.     +7   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I have to agree. I use to love her. She was very informative. All “newbie” canners and homesteaders had her one of the top three people to watch. Now... she smokes pot on her channel,swears, and mostly rants. She’s no longer a “kid friendly” channel. My kids use to love watching her with me. Now I won’t let them watch her.

6. Bevzilla
        +2   Like  

User deleted

It's true...she gave up her teaching and helping and homesteading a long time ago....now she thinks act and behaves like some Homesteading Home Ecconomics pot smoking Guru! Self proclaimed of course.

She found out it's a lot easier to just park her fat ass in front of the cam click on...and talk, get high, brush her hair, shout out a few hellos, talk more, it's all about her, rant, ebeg, hint drop about finances her Amazon wish list....why work doing a video editing etc... When you can just live stream and get high and get attention...every day...

Now she's claiming to only do public lives Tues. & Thurs. You have to pay for her other lives on paytreon $5! And you can watch her roll her pot, sing, dance, get shitfaced...
    It's the Bev Show!!!!!!

7.     +4   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    A few days ago, she said she would like to do a 20 to 40 minute live every day "if she had time." She WANTS to do Lives every day and no one is stopping her if that's what she wants to do. How does she not get this? She is not anyone's paid employee. She is free to video publicly, privately, on Patreon, Rumble on M, T, W, T, F, S, S at any time of day she wants. She really is not beholden to anyone, but she acts like she cannot do as she pleases unless she gets the agreement of her 300 out of her alleged 95.7K subscribers. This is bullshit. If they don't want to watch her lives, don't want to join her Patreon or CH's, so be it. Who cares?

The problem is she changes her mind every other day, is not reliable, doesn't video or read when she says she will and the little people get sooooooo disappointed when they don't get notifications, blah, blah, blah. The little people will survive if she never puts out a video again, but if she's going to do it, don't pretend it's anything more than her just sitting down for a tea break and her entire life is a tea break. She's not any smarter or more frugal or more budget friendly than thousands of other FREE channels that really do "work" at providing valuable content.

Bev has allowed her disease of addiction to take over her life and give her too many excuses for why she "can't" and "doesn't" and "won't." She's not fooling anyone but herself and the CH's are really there more for themselves than they are for her. Painful reality.

Edited by Resting Bitchface - 3/15/2021, 03:50 PM

8.     +4   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    She's an addict plain & simple. Not just to pot, but to food, sleeping and being "sick". I've never known of anyone with so many self diagnosed illnesses. Anything & everything is an excuse not to lose weight to feel better. She had gastric bypass and that didn't work, that should tell you right there that she's basically given up. But, if there's a chance she can "squeeze a quarter to fart out an extra nickel" she will perk up for that. That's a quote she uses all the time. She constantly hints for donations and freebees. People feel sorry for her & fall for it. An addict knows how to hustle. I know my sister is one. If there's something for her in the deal she all of a sudden can do things.

9.     +4   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Yes, she put on the "offended performance" when she read here that she was ebegging, but that's what it is when you hint you would like to have something you say you can't afford and you know you have people that like you and are willing to donate so you can have your wish fulfilled. It makes me ill, but that's the name of the game today and people can do what they want with their money, but when they give money to someone who clearly does not respect their possessions, it makes you wonder. The quilting needles, the rutabaga seeds, the Malti Biscuit Tea, the "poor us, HOWIE'S BEEN LAID OFF!!! video, all designed to play on the sympathy of viewers who for some reason desperately want to remain in her good graces and she is a master manipulator at keeping them in that position.

10.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I'm becoming more and more turned off by youtubers who are using it as a way to make a living. It makes me question everything about them. I spend a lot more time watching people who are not monetized and don't beg, people who are just sharing something for the love of a hobby and to connect with like minded people. If I'm looking for a business, I'll be looking at a commercial website where you have some idea who you're dealing with.

11.     +4   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I use to love watching YouTube till I came here. I came here after a YouTuber I liked did a rant video about this site. I came to defend their honor but as I was reading some people were saying things that I was thinking.

12. Bevzilla
        +3   Like  

User deleted

Looks like Detective Poole has retired from the field and none other than Terry, aka lilred...who trained by Dallas red...aka Big Red....
    Still with me??

Detective "lil red" is looking for anyone in the CH, group who uses Lagostino Cookware seems she's in the market... Why?

Well because I mentioned it once....it's elementary my dear Watson!

:celebrating-smiley-emoticon: :7043:

Sooooooooo.....close..but no....but keep reading through every profile..Michelle's all excited... " gotcha!!? " not even close!

13.     +4   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Oh, one more thing I need to get off my chest about her: the way she treats her husband.

I understand people get upset at his/her significant other. We get frustrated, annoyed, etc. However, when I saw Bev badmouthing her husband to everyone on that live stream I almost lost it. That was the last straw.

She CONSTANTLY berates, is passive-aggressive towards, and reduces that man to nothing but a child. She has to dish out his pocket money for the month. He gives her his paycheck for her to budget and subdivide as she sees fit. She has to tell him to watch out because his food is hot (like he's 2 years old). She makes it seem as if it wasn't for her being around and monitoring things, Howie would just die from an inability to live on his own and function like an adult.

If it was just that, I would give her a pass and say, "Eh, idiosyncracies, we all have weird relationships."

HOWEVER. When that man does EVERYTHING for her. Goes to work at a demanding job all day. Comes home and (at one point) fed the animals. Mucked the barn. Repairs things. Repairs things SHE broke. Built additions to the house. Fixed the car. Built her raised beds. Takes out the garbage. Drives her places. Runs her errands. Picked her out of the bathtub. Fills her pool. The list goes on. What does she do?

When the man gets laid off and for once in his 30+ years and finally gets a break, she lambasts him on YouTube, crying that he has been sitting in his underwear not helping her.

The audacity. Just the sheer entitlement and audacity. it almost is unforgiving, if you ask me. AND he is injured. To just throw him under the bus like that is really aggravating, especially because he does so much. I am not saying he is perfect by any stretch, but at least give credit where credit is due.

You know why he was probably pissed at that Tim Horton's drive-through and didn't want to order for her? Because he didn't want to be responsible for the wrath she would invoke if the order was wrong. Because he has been driving for who knows how long listening to her yack on YouTube when he probably just wanted some quiet. Because he didn't want to have to do ONE MORE THING for her when she is just sitting in the car perfectly capable of ordering herself. It's called common courtesy and decency.

14.     +1   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    That video bothered me as well she Ofc turns to the camera and makes a face someone’s a little testy 🖕🏻.She probably telling him the whole way how to drive you can tell that right before she was like where are you going ?! Or what are you doing?!? Something to that extent He didn’t sign up for YT

15.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    "Oh, one more thing I need to get off my chest about her: the way she treats her husband."

I couldn't agree more. It sickens me to see someone show such blatant disrespect to their spouse on the internet. I've always despised women who get aggravated when their husbands are at home. No man who works hard and provides should be disrespected and not allowed to enjoy being in their own home, made to feel unwanted. And if you have a disagreement with each other, you keep it home and settle it privately.

1589 replies since 15/3/2021, 15:52   92636 views