OurHalfAssedHomestead Part2: CeleryRules, BevDrools, HowieIsAMule

« Older   Newer »

1. FrenchForeignLegion
        +4   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Oh, one more thing I need to get off my chest about her: the way she treats her husband.

I understand people get upset at his/her significant other. We get frustrated, annoyed, etc. However, when I saw Bev badmouthing her husband to everyone on that live stream I almost lost it. That was the last straw.

She CONSTANTLY berates, is passive-aggressive towards, and reduces that man to nothing but a child. She has to dish out his pocket money for the month. He gives her his paycheck for her to budget and subdivide as she sees fit. She has to tell him to watch out because his food is hot (like he's 2 years old). She makes it seem as if it wasn't for her being around and monitoring things, Howie would just die from an inability to live on his own and function like an adult.

If it was just that, I would give her a pass and say, "Eh, idiosyncracies, we all have weird relationships."

HOWEVER. When that man does EVERYTHING for her. Goes to work at a demanding job all day. Comes home and (at one point) fed the animals. Mucked the barn. Repairs things. Repairs things SHE broke. Built additions to the house. Fixed the car. Built her raised beds. Takes out the garbage. Drives her places. Runs her errands. Picked her out of the bathtub. Fills her pool. The list goes on. What does she do?

When the man gets laid off and for once in his 30+ years and finally gets a break, she lambasts him on YouTube, crying that he has been sitting in his underwear not helping her.

The audacity. Just the sheer entitlement and audacity. it almost is unforgiving, if you ask me. AND he is injured. To just throw him under the bus like that is really aggravating, especially because he does so much. I am not saying he is perfect by any stretch, but at least give credit where credit is due.

You know why he was probably pissed at that Tim Horton's drive-through and didn't want to order for her? Because he didn't want to be responsible for the wrath she would invoke if the order was wrong. Because he has been driving for who knows how long listening to her yack on YouTube when he probably just wanted some quiet. Because he didn't want to have to do ONE MORE THING for her when she is just sitting in the car perfectly capable of ordering herself. It's called common courtesy and decency.

1589 replies since 15/3/2021, 15:52   92654 views