The Mills Family Pt 9: The house and family disintegrating- but all Tom cares about is mating

« Older   Newer »

1.     +9   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Whoever took the screenshots, please keep copies....just in case her family or anybody who might have a legacy link to her page takes them down. We should all get screenshots and save them. Then ole Tommo cant yell "LIES" if anybody ever asks about them. The proof is there.

I never saw those posts before. I heard about her theories on Sandy Hook but it was after she deleted everything and I never saw her original videos. The facebook posts make me sick to my stomach. Her sanity was definitely questionable. She had the most insane theories and ideas. OMG!!!

IF she was alive right now she would have had a real blast this past year with COVID. Its no surprise that Tommo describes it as "that COVID nonsense". And how he laughed from day 1 about masks and hand sanitizing.

I remember a video he made since Andrea passed where he was in full preaching mode and he said something on a live like.....if you didn't hear about something on the news, then would you know that there was something major going on the in world? I can't give a direct quote right now but it was a crazy thing to say.

So I guess if you get up in the morning and you close your eyes and ears to everything, then you wont know what's happening so you wont worry. So I guess we should all live our lives in shoebox bubbles and don't interact with the real world and then we wont be worried about anything going on in the world.

They really were perfectly matched weren't they? Two wacko theorists.

2.     +7   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (passerby @ 4/20/2021, 01:13 PM) 
    Having watched one of Andrea's older videos here, apart from her conspiracy theories, I was surprised to learn that 'bath night for the boys' didn't mean one bath per boy but was a shared experience. She mentioned three year old Solomon being scared of water and very scared of sitting in a bath and that on this particular occasion he chose to share his bath with Asher, who was 12 at the time.

Where to start, really. If a child at 3 has such fundamental fears of sitting in a bath of water, that surely is grounds for professional advice?

And 12 is really an age for privacy and solo ablutions, surely?

This is all additional to the bizarre beliefs held by Andrea.

Oh, yes. I think it may have been in this video she also talked about eating large amounts of coconut oil?

I watched 2 of her early videos and found them so disturbing on so many levels that I may well have mixed up what she said and when!

It's so weird how she always talked about how to question science and truth, but would believe any old alternate belief on the internet.
    I thought the bathtub story was both funny and sad. If Solly had been bathed nightly from being a baby onward, he wouldn't have any fears of being washed down a drain. Also kind of gross to have a 12 year old in a tub with a 3 year old but I guess at least they're the same gender. Kind of funny to imagine Asher spinning himself pretending to go down the drain... although sad for Solly. Gosh, their dysfunction. I'm not sure if it's worse that it happened or that she was dumb enough to share it on youtube. Some things should just stay in your friends and family circle, ya know?

3.     +7   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Andrea's views on news-avoidance and of choosing to believe in state conspiracies goes a long way to explaining why she chose to keep her children unconnected to their community and the wider society around them.

Home everything and even keeping Tom as close to her as possible and the uniforms to reinforce the Family Unit mentality is nothing more than a cult. Indoctrination through the audio bible and gender specific expectations and roles. And all within plain sight of the normal Moorcroft population.

Tom went along with it and he's really a simple soul on many levels, so Andrea probably brainwashed and scared him into agreeing with her. I expect that's why he's terrified even now to abandon many of Andrea's rigid rules and methods. Like many stupid people, Tom has a strong streak of guile running right through him like a stick of rock.

Reading those Fb posts shocked me because although I had read here comments about her theories, they were so far fetched that I felt it was an exaggeration of a few throw away comments she may have made. But how wrong I was!

I'm still getting to grips with this revelation!

4.     +10   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Having kids who are afraid of baths and barbers really tells you a lot about the grooming and cleanliness standards of the family. And it isn't rocket science. To prepare my little brother for his first haircut when he was little, my dad would turn on an electric razor around him and show it to him, so he wouldn't get scared at the barber's electric clippers. The very idea of a teenager uneasy about going to the salon is incredible.

5.     +8   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Kuddelmuddel @ 4/20/2021, 06:28 PM) 
    If you really follow through with her reasoning, she might still be alive.

Has anybody here confirmed she’s actually dead? Did he share her death certificate? All I ever got to see is a video of her in bed, I can’t tell whether she’s dead or just sound asleep.

Maybe she trained her family as crisis actors? Withdrew herself from the channel, and had Tom take over to tell the tale? He took care of her comment section long before that. Maybe she just grew tired of all the YouTube people? Financially the family benefited greatly, they also gained exposure to share their ideas.

I guess she could still be in the background orchestrating it all. Probably that’s the reason nobody needed grief therapy? Maybe that’s why Tom is always so tired, it must be exhausting to keep up the pretense of a grieving husband. Maybe Tom and Andrea also agreed it would be a waste of many to get a headstone for an empty grave? The true reason why he keeps the new “girlfriend” a secret must be because it’s actually Andrea, makes sense now that Tom is so certain nobody will ever think of that.

Now that I ask myself “What am I seeing?” I can see that we’re getting “community organized” to retire Tom early while sparing them financial and material losses.

To avoid any misunderstanding, this was pure sarcasm. It’s so easy to twist every little detail to support a conspiracy narrative. And it’s really a disgusting act with regards to those affected.

You did a good job with this. That's EXACTLY the reasoning of her and people like her. By her standards, this is exactly how we should feel about the Mill's situation.

QUOTE (retiredandhappy @ 4/20/2021, 11:57 PM) 
    Having kids who are afraid of baths and barbers really tells you a lot about the grooming and cleanliness standards of the family. And it isn't rocket science. To prepare my little brother for his first haircut when he was little, my dad would turn on an electric razor around him and show it to him, so he wouldn't get scared at the barber's electric clippers. The very idea of a teenager uneasy about going to the salon is incredible.

The kids are used to hair cuts. They're afraid of the barber himself, as in they're afraid of PEOPLE.

6.     +8   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Cannoli @ 4/21/2021, 12:03 AM) 
    QUOTE (Kuddelmuddel @ 4/20/2021, 06:28 PM) 
    If you really follow through with her reasoning, she might still be alive.

Has anybody here confirmed she’s actually dead? Did he share her death certificate? All I ever got to see is a video of her in bed, I can’t tell whether she’s dead or just sound asleep.

Maybe she trained her family as crisis actors? Withdrew herself from the channel, and had Tom take over to tell the tale? He took care of her comment section long before that. Maybe she just grew tired of all the YouTube people? Financially the family benefited greatly, they also gained exposure to share their ideas.

I guess she could still be in the background orchestrating it all. Probably that’s the reason nobody needed grief therapy? Maybe that’s why Tom is always so tired, it must be exhausting to keep up the pretense of a grieving husband. Maybe Tom and Andrea also agreed it would be a waste of many to get a headstone for an empty grave? The true reason why he keeps the new “girlfriend” a secret must be because it’s actually Andrea, makes sense now that Tom is so certain nobody will ever think of that.

Now that I ask myself “What am I seeing?” I can see that we’re getting “community organized” to retire Tom early while sparing them financial and material losses.

To avoid any misunderstanding, this was pure sarcasm. It’s so easy to twist every little detail to support a conspiracy narrative. And it’s really a disgusting act with regards to those affected.

You did a good job with this. That's EXACTLY the reasoning of her and people like her. By her standards, this is exactly how we should feel about the Mill's situation.

QUOTE (retiredandhappy @ 4/20/2021, 11:57 PM) 

The kids are used to hair cuts. They're afraid of the barber himself, as in they're afraid of PEOPLE.

Yep! Indoctrinated from birth by their isolationist parents who taught them that the world is evil and they're only safe with family.

7.     +8   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Maybe she figured that Asher's sense of "humor" was "dark" and Miss Andrea was ok about that. I think its downright nasty for a 12 year old boy to scare his 3 year old brother like that. I love fun and humor...but that's not funny.

I also don't understand why Asher and Solly were bathing together. Yeah I can understand putting the little ones in the tub together but why have a 12 year old boy bathe with a 3 year old? Shouldn't Asher have been encouraged to take baths alone at the age of 12 when he was going through puberty?

If Solly was scared of the bathtub and the water, what should have happened was for Andrea to be in the bathroom with him when he took a bath. Put lots of bath toys in the tub with him and turn the bath time experience into a fun experience, while being really encouraging and telling him how great he was doing.

Solly is still scared of the water. Remember how when they went to the pool with April and he was holding on to the steps into the pool? April told him to get in or out and Tommo said that was how Solly "swam", he just holds on to the rail all the time and maybe takes one or two steps on the steps into the water. He's still scared of water.

8.     +5   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I think that Andrea truly believed in the things that she said about horrific situations. maybe it was her way of blocking out the horror of it all. She did suffer from a lot anxiety and trauma. It might have been a coping mechanism.

I don't fault anyone for their views of anything, that is their thoughts and they believe them for whatever reason.

NOW, if she did think it was all real and still believed all of this just to spread hate then that is different. In my heart of hearts i don't think she did it to be hateful, i think she really believed it.

On that note she is not here to defend herself and to judge a dead person's motives is really not productive for anyone, especially since her death is so new and raw for those 9 kids, it's the lowest kind of snark.

Kind of reminds me of the people who write "tell all" books about dead actors and they write all the dirt about them, whether true or not, becasue the person isn't there to dispute any of it.

9.     +13   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (MountainHiker11 @ 4/21/2021, 01:12 AM) 
    I think that Andrea truly believed in the things that she said about horrific situations. maybe it was her way of blocking out the horror of it all. She did suffer from a lot anxiety and trauma. It might have been a coping mechanism.

I don't fault anyone for their views of anything, that is their thoughts and they believe them for whatever reason.

NOW, if she did think it was all real and still believed all of this just to spread hate then that is different. In my heart of hearts i don't think she did it to be hateful, i think she really believed it.

On that note she is not here to defend herself and to judge a dead person's motives is really not productive for anyone, especially since her death is so new and raw for those 9 kids, it's the lowest kind of snark.

Kind of reminds me of the people who write "tell all" books about dead actors and they write all the dirt about them, whether true or not, becasue the person isn't there to dispute any of it.

I get the whole trauma thing and that she probably truly believed what she was saying, however, it doesn't make her views any less hateful or harmful. Also, she posted that stuff to a public forum (her fb wasn't private) and it was previously posted on YouTube, so I think it's fair game to discuss it.

Just because someone is longer alive to defend themselves does not mean people aren't allowed to discuss their actions in life. Just because someone dies doesn't mean the crappy things they did in life (no matter the intentions behind it) are any less awful.

10.     +4   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (JumpingJello @ 4/21/2021, 01:21 AM) 

I get the whole trauma thing and that she probably truly believed what she was saying, however, it doesn't make her views any less hateful or harmful. Also, she posted that stuff to a public forum (her fb wasn't private) and it was previously posted on YouTube, so I think it's fair game to discuss it.

Just because someone is longer alive to defend themselves does not mean people aren't allowed to discuss their actions in life. Just because someone dies doesn't mean the crappy things they did in life (no matter the intentions behind it) are any less awful.

I did not say anyone couldn't say it or were not allowed to discuss it, I gave my opinion on it.

11.     +10   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    Reading all the Facebook posts she made, I definitely think she had unresolved emotional issues. I believe her posts would cause harm to the victims of those horrific events. (sandy hook, etc). Certainly posting that information on a public forum could easily reach the eyes of those victims.

She was terribly misguided and it had serious consequences. I believe her children were neglected by her by not receiving proper health care and, sadly, her death has left them further neglected - health, emotional and educational neglect.

12.     +10   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    QUOTE (passerby @ 20/4/2021, 23:56) 
    Andrea's views on news-avoidance and of choosing to believe in state conspiracies goes a long way to explaining why she chose to keep her children unconnected to their community and the wider society around them.

Home everything and even keeping Tom as close to her as possible and the uniforms to reinforce the Family Unit mentality is nothing more than a cult. Indoctrination through the audio bible and gender specific expectations and roles. And all within plain sight of the normal Moorcroft population.

Tom went along with it and he's really a simple soul on many levels, so Andrea probably brainwashed and scared him into agreeing with her. I expect that's why he's terrified even now to abandon many of Andrea's rigid rules and methods. Like many stupid people, Tom has a strong streak of guile running right through him like a stick of rock.

Reading those Fb posts shocked me because although I had read here comments about her theories, they were so far fetched that I felt it was an exaggeration of a few throw away comments she may have made. But how wrong I was!

I'm still getting to grips with this revelation!

As I responded to Lilacs the other day, a VAST majority of what is reported here really happened and is not exaggerated in any way. People aren't malicious here and don't tend to spread falsehoods. I have watched Andrea since Claudia was a baby, and she absolutely had many bizarre beliefs. And she was proud of it.

13.     +8   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status

Its the first time I saw those posts. I didn't get to watch the videos before they were deleted.

Her words make me shudder.

I wish I could understand more about her mindset. I wish I could hear her discuss these theories with somebody, and listen to her explain her thoughts. As you said, she is gone, and we will never know why exactly she thought as she did.

She had a lot of anxiety and trauma in her life. Usually though when folks have a lot of anxiety and trauma, they do the opposite to what Andrea did. They catastrophize. Illogical thinking convinces them that terrible things are gonna happen, even if there is absolutely no reason for them to think like that or to believe those things. They are usually hyper-vigilant and always hyper-wary of possible danger/threat and of the possibility of something terrible happening to them and to their loved ones. Eg Somebody who has been assaulted outside their home is commonly scared to leave their home and they show avoidance behaviors as they actively try to avoid going outside and being in situations where they feel overwhelmed with fear, so they avoid all situations outside their home and they avoid going outside. Even if somebody they know and trust is with them, and logically they know there is no danger, they cannot overcome the fear.

Victims of abuse will commonly live with an ongoing fear of abuse happening again in their lives or, to their loved ones so they become hyper-vigilant, suspicious and over-protective.

Andrea's methods of keeping her kids home and doing everything at home, with little or no interactions with other folks outside the home or extended family, fit in many ways with somebody who was traumatized and who was abused. She did not want her kids exposed to a world which had traumatized her so much. Its very extreme behavior and it is also depriving kids of good education and social skills and instilling a lot of fear in them about the outside world.

But Andrea was theorizing that catastrophic events, which were confirmed, did not happen. She was doing the direct opposite to what I would expect to see in somebody who was traumatized and who had been abused. She was saying that these events were staged and that in reality, they did not therefore happen. Nobody was hurt. Victims were not real victims, they were crisis actors. She said she stopped worrying and that she felt a great burden was lifted off of her shoulders when she stopped worrying (She said that in one of the videos posted here yesterday.)

If she truly was not afraid and felt that there truly was nothing to worry about, then the way she was raising her kids and the parenting methods she used make zero sense. If catastrophic events were staged and nobody was hurt....it makes no sense to do what she did with raising her family.
    If she truly believed that she would have brushed off any concerns and worries. She said she quit worrying. But her behaviors show that she did not. She was consumed with fear about reality and the ways of the world. She was so afraid that she removed her kids from it and controlled their interactions with the world very powerfully...they had the little if any interaction with the world and then only in the presence of a parent, or both parents.

I think Andrea was full of fear and anxiety. Her behaviors and choices support that. Her claim that she quit worrying and her conspiracy theories, don't fit with how she lived her life and how she had her kids live theirs.

We will never know how she truly thought. I would really love to have better insight into her mindset and to understand how she formed these beliefs.

Her beliefs still make me shudder.

14.     +3   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group
    Global Mod

Status
    Anonymous
    New thread

The Mills Family Pt 10: Tom's shirts don't fit but he thinks he's the sh*t.: https://thegossipbakery.forumcommunity.net/?t=62115926

1093 replies since 30/3/2021, 02:44   125126 views