Spotted: D&TWatchingTheCubsWhileJenLosesSubs Pt. 256

« Older   Newer »

1.     +36   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    The camera was a combination of boyfriend and parent to Jen.

Love me, protect me, worry about me, and above all listen to me. Listen to me but do not ask questions, do not give opinions, and never criticize me

And this worked well for her for years as long as most of her “content” was somewhat aspirational and entertaining. Until it wasn’t.

A couple of things happened. There were enough receipts from years of videos to show inconsistencies. And people noticed, and questioned her. Then motherhood and all it entails physically and mentally proved far more challenging for her than she expected. (As it does for many of us!) I also think that somewhere inside her she began to have an inkling that she’d been majoring on the minors in life for a very long time.

So, she tried to flip the switch by becoming her version of authentic, self-actualized and “woke”. But she did not have any flesh and blood women to emulate so she chose caricatures of the qualities she thought she wanted to embody. And it was painfully anything but authentic, because how could it not be? It was based on the mendacious writings of women who exploited the vulnerabilities of struggling wives and mothers for profit!

And now her boyfriend/parent/camera isn’t treating her quite the way they used to.

And I think she’s seriously considering breaking up with them.

2.     +29   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    If Jen could be honest about her parenting struggles, the divorce, adjusting to a smaller budget… she would get sympathy.
    But everything has to be perfect and she has to come off as far superior so she’s hiding because at the moment, even Jen, can’t find a way to spin her miserable life into a “better then you” situation. As soon as she can, she will be back.

3.     +32   Like  

Lumpy Frosting
    Lumpy Frosting

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    She picked Van Life for her next wannabe personality. Then she did it. Once. And realized all the work those kinds of videos require, not to mention actually going somewhere. She would have been better off switching to ASMR where she can just stay home, whisper and rub stuff.
    :snickering:

4.     +4   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Random morning thoughts: As I was pouring some cereal into a bowl, I inadvertently overfilled it and immediately thought of Jen and her Jen-like food proportions. It caused me to wonder if Jill had watched her food proportion size and when Jen was free of that she overloaded her servings? Also, wasn't Jill a wannabe dancer? (She's too short but there's always that aspiration, which didn't pan out etc.) Dancers, and especially ballet dancers, watch their weight like crazy so Jill no doubt made sure Jen was uneasy about the amount of food she'd intake. Hence the disordered eating which has engulfed Jen's life and for which she has been unsuccessful in eradicating. The over exercising won't cut it babe.

5.     +12   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (pinksims @ 6/16/2021, 04:04 PM) 
    I think the problem is that the rebrand was too much of a swerve in a weird direction. You can't go from "Rich Housewives of Chicago" to "Boho Divorcee who Hates Motherhood and has Emotional Problems" with the same audience.

Priceless.

6.     +4   Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    Not for nothing - I started watching the Turtle Creek Lane lady's daughter-in-law, Kimmy Houghton, on IG. She young, pretty, has a new baby which she and her husband appear to adore (although I am not sure I like the way the husband, Steve, handles the what - 2 month old?) anyway, she's alive and smiles and seems authentically happy. The fact they are mormon I have had to ignore but they're fun to watch unlike painfully slogging through watching this sad and depressing mess that is Jennifer Boyles Ross and as she spirals farther and farther down the mental illness hole in which she is mired.

7.     +14   Like  

Chess Pie
    Chess Pie

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (ComfortablyNumb @ 16/6/2021, 11:46) 
    where she can just stay home, whisper and rub stuff.
    :snickering:

That'd also work for OnlyFans

8.     +12   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (pinksims @ 6/16/2021, 04:04 PM) 
    If she had got her rebrand right and coughed up the content, it might have worked. Her audience previously were women wanting to see another woman having a fantasy life with a doting husband, no responsibilities and loads of money. Jen could have easily pivoted that into motherhood with loads of money where her content was more family oriented alongside shopping and errands and vacations.

I think the problem is that the rebrand was too much of a swerve in a weird direction. You can't go from "Rich Housewives of Chicago" to "Boho Divorcee who Hates Motherhood and has Emotional Problems" with the same audience. Those people aren't interested in what she was proposing to do with her channel when she renamed it With Wonder. Coupled with the fact that she refused to be honest about anything that was actually going on in her life, she's totally lost her fan base.

Totally agree. And there's no way anyone is buying that she's happier being a solo van traveler than she was when she was staying at the Four Seasons in Maui with Don. The van video was meant to be aspirational but it was just depressing.

9.     +14   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group
    In a van, across the street from the heart home.

Status
    The new Mrs Ross changed her IG pic, nothing mayor but looks a lot more alive than Gene.

10.     +5   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I haven’t seen it mentioned but Tensleigh changed her IG pic.

11.     +13   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Girl takes a lot of selfies. Modern minivan mom life!

12.     +5   Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (ColdOne @ 16/6/2021, 16:53) 
    I also think Tensleigh following her contributes hugely to her withdrawal from IG--her life is empty & her own kids fill half of Tens' life.

I will say it again
    I seriously doubt when Tens met Jen she even mentioned her Instagram name
    Jen mentioned several times in her videos that she does not keep track of her followers -how many she has - she has no clue
    Tens IG name does Not include her actual name

Edited by Beetrix - 6/16/2021, 11:35 AM

13.     +11   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    If Jen isn't working on content and the kids are in school all day + Don has them more than half of the time....what does Jen even do alll day?

14.     Like  

Protein Pancakes
    Protein Pancakes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Cece504 @ 16/6/2021, 18:31) 
    I haven’t seen it mentioned but Tensleigh changed her IG pic.

AND she has 2 -TWO! More followers 😂

15.     +10   Like  

Tasty Treat
    Tasty Treat

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    QUOTE (Beetrix @ 6/16/2021, 11:33 AM) 
    QUOTE (ColdOne @ 16/6/2021, 16:53) 
    I also think Tensleigh following her contributes hugely to her withdrawal from IG--her life is empty & her own kids fill half of Tens' life.

I will say it again
    I seriously doubt when Tens met Jen she even mentioned her Instagram name
    Jen mentioned several times in her videos that she does not keep track of her followers -how many she has - she has no clue
    Tens IG name does Not include her actual name

I would think it was a convo they had in person. "You're on IG? What's your name, I'll add you!" I don't think Tens is a creep

892 replies since 14/6/2021, 16:30   108013 views