Inspired by Nikki

« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Confetti Funfetti @ 3/25/2023, 02:46 AM) 
    I was very surprised to see Nikki so emotional in today's video. Reminds me of that "Cry" video she made a couple of years ago, but that one was staged and "artsy" and this one was pretty raw. She's so controlled and quiet, almost robotic at times, so this was a huge contrast. I'm surprised she shared this video - I wonder if it would have been better to keep it to herself, or only post it on Patreon. It almost sounded like she's forcing herself to go through with things and keep up appearances, even though she framed it as being authentic and real.

I hope she and her family are okay.

I think she genuinely shared the video for the reasons she gave:

- to try and give herself a feeling of normalcy throughout a difficult time. She's being doing videos for years and they are an important way for her to express what she loves and believes in an artistic way (which may not be everyone's cup of tea ).
    So it was a way for her to get up and carry on. She has a caring community, maybe she needed their support.

- to help other women in difficult times by showing that even in awful moments when we just feel like crying and giving up, it can help us to get up and do baby steps by following routines or doing things that must be done, it keeps us a little focused on little details that may give us some sense of stability as we see that we can still function, and little by little find our strength again and hope. (Honestly, it's what I do too: in times like this, I'm desperate for a little sense of normalcy, to feel that the world is still going round and at some point things will be better.) She showed that even when someone's life seems so nice, blessed and even privileged, it's never perfect, we need to accept it and find comfort and strength in any way we can.

I felt she was herself in this video, even if it had to be a bit staged (like the thumbnail) for practical reasons. She isn't an actress, it was brave of her to shoot the video in one plan being so vulnerable.

IF the reason for her pain had been her husband, I am pretty sure that she would NOT have posted this video. This would be way too personal, and she is protective of her children and family, so she wouldn't share something like this on Youtube.

I too hope that she is ok, as well as all her family!

2.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    I wonder if Jennifer is the one who "betrayed" her - they haven't been commenting on the other's videos and when someone mentioned Nikki in Jennifer's comments she pointedly ignored it.

3.     Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I always thought that Jennifer and Nikki had a weird little thing going on…Maybe that is the betrayal. Anyone know anything?

4.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (MellowYellow @ 5/13/2023, 11:39 AM) 
    I always thought that Jennifer and Nikki had a weird little thing going on…Maybe that is the betrayal. Anyone know anything?

They used to comment on each other's YouTubes all the time, and one right during one of Nikki's videos Jennifer called her. They were good friends, I think.

Pretty sure Jennifer did something to "betray" her.

5.     Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Big Bertha Pinhead @ 5/16/2023, 05:27 PM) 
    QUOTE (MellowYellow @ 5/13/2023, 11:39 AM) 

They used to comment on each other's YouTubes all the time, and one right during one of Nikki's videos Jennifer called her. They were good friends, I think.

Pretty sure Jennifer did something to "betray" her.

In one of Jennifer's last videos where she listed her chic society (or something like this) members at the end of the video, I didn't see Inspired by Nikki included anymore.

6.     Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I’m so curious what happened because I’m nosey.

7.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    In her "June goals" video she said her son moved out and is at an out of state school. she said, "he won't be back"; so she moved a daughter into his room.

First, didn't he just turn 16?? I remember because she started that video "Today is a very special day for me. Today is the day I became a mother" Not "it's my son's 16th birthday" nope. All about her.

Also, I wouldn't be too sure that he's not coming back. Kids move back home all the time.

She's very un-emotional about her first born leaving the nest.

8.     Like  

Muffin Tosser
    Muffin Tosser

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Stitcher @ 26/6/2023, 19:47) 
    In her "June goals" video she said her son moved out and is at an out of state school. she said, "he won't be back"; so she moved a daughter into his room.

First, didn't he just turn 16?? I remember because she started that video "Today is a very special day for me. Today is the day I became a mother" Not "it's my son's 16th birthday" nope. All about her.

Also, I wouldn't be too sure that he's not coming back. Kids move back home all the time.

Was he a discipline problem? Is he at college or possibly some sort of reform (or whatever they're called) school? I haven't been watching so I'm out of the loop... :dunno:
    edit: could her son have something to do with the "betrayal"? Inquiring minds... :confused-face-smiley-emoticon:

9.     +1   Like  

Swiss Roes
    Swiss Roes

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    I started watching at 14:15 here. She comes off like such a cold mother :( even the way she talks about her mother seems emotionally distant

10.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (mumzysr1 @ 6/28/2023, 01:17 PM) 
    QUOTE (Stitcher @ 26/6/2023, 19:47) 

Was he a discipline problem? Is he at college or possibly some sort of reform (or whatever they're called) school? I haven't been watching so I'm out of the loop... :dunno:
    edit: could her son have something to do with the "betrayal"? Inquiring minds... :confused-face-smiley-emoticon:

Don't know; she rarely mentioned her kids at all the past few years. It seems like he just turned 16; are they Mormons? Maybe he's gone on a mission? No idea. But she's cleared out his room and moved someone else in. She's a very cold duck.

11.     +4   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Stitcher @ 6/28/2023, 03:25 PM) 
    QUOTE (mumzysr1 @ 6/28/2023, 01:17 PM) 

Don't know; she rarely mentioned her kids at all the past few years. It seems like he just turned 16; are they Mormons? Maybe he's gone on a mission? No idea. But she's cleared out his room and moved someone else in. She's a very cold duck.

Maybe he's gay, like How Jen Does it never talks about HER son anymore because of that.

12.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Her son is home now?! He was "out of town" for few months. Like on a business trip?!? He's 17. In her other video he wasn't coming home so she moved her daughter into his room, redecorated it, said he wasn't coming home again. Will she move the daughter???

Will he sleep in a tent in the backyard? The floor? Someone explain.

13.     +1   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I noticed that when she was discussing how it was his last summer as a student she said "When he finishes school" then paused and corrected herself and said "*IF* he finishes school".

Her body language when ever she discussed him not being at home and redoing his room also gave me a sense of "satisfaction" from her little smile. Also just the act of giving away his room so quickly, most parents keep their children's room in place for years to leave the door open for them.

Put this together with him attending school in another state and maybe "never" coming home I've speculated it down to two things. Either he's in trouble "legally" (I'm not sure how you would say this in the US), or they are having typical teen issues, not getting along with the family or school and he's gone to live with a relative or church friend.

14.     +2   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Rose_Lady @ 7/6/2023, 01:55 PM) 
    I noticed that when she was discussing how it was his last summer as a student she said "When he finishes school" then paused and corrected herself and said "*IF* he finishes school".

Her body language when ever she discussed him not being at home and redoing his room also gave me a sense of "satisfaction" from her little smile. Also just the act of giving away his room so quickly, most parents keep their children's room in place for years to leave the door open for them.

Put this together with him attending school in another state and maybe "never" coming home I've speculated it down to two things. Either he's in trouble "legally" (I'm not sure how you would say this in the US), or they are having typical teen issues, not getting along with the family or school and he's gone to live with a relative or church friend.

I suspect she is not a "boy mom" I don't think she understands smelly, loud boys or likes them. Girls are different. I agree about giving his room away. She couldn't wait; wonder what her husband thought of that. Maybe that's why the son is suddenly home? Hubby said "not so fast"?

I don't even know her kid and I feel bad for him. A completely narcissistic, self involved mother. That's rough.

15.     Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    So that stenciling in her cottage kitchen…. Is she trying to be like Angela from Parisian Farmgirl?

245 replies since 18/6/2021, 20:44   63806 views