Inspired by Nikki

« Older   Newer »

1.     +2   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    LOL she would keel right over if she saw what I wear in the woods. I love going out hiking in leggings and a dri-fit shirt and my trail runners and being a total dirt beetle for a while. Can you picture her with thru hikers? Such delicate, much fuss.

2. MrArthurRadley
        +2   Like  

User deleted

How to pack for a camping trip:
    Assemble set of matching suitcases.
    Go to closet.
    Take dresses off hangers, fold and arrange in suitcases.
    Carry suitcases and hangers out to driveway and into RV.
    Put dresses back on hangers and hang in RV closet.
    Take suitcases back into house.
    Become annoyed with children for not using time wisely while you are doing this.

One word regarding slip-on sandals in the woods: rattlesnakes.

3. SaveLeyla
        +2   Like  

User deleted

Hahahaha I think I skipped over the part where she took the suitcases back inside. Hahaha I’m dying.
    :hearty-laugh:

4. MrArthurRadley
        +1   Like  

User deleted

Well, she didn't show that, actually, but I don't know what else she would do with them. It wouldn't make sense to stow empty suitcases in the cargo area. But anyway, I've packed an RV quite a few times and it just never occurred to me to load my clothes and supplies Nikki's way lol. So many steps, so much fuss.

5.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (MrArthurRadley @ 8/5/2021, 01:00 AM) 
    How to pack for a camping trip:
    Assemble set of matching suitcases.
    Go to closet.
    Take dresses off hangers, fold and arrange in suitcases.
    Carry suitcases and hangers out to driveway and into RV.
    Put dresses back on hangers and hang in RV closet.
    Take suitcases back into house.
    Become annoyed with children for not using time wisely while you are doing this.

One word regarding slip-on sandals in the woods: rattlesnakes.

Oh wow. I missed the part where she took the suitcases back inside. Do you think, when they return home, she'll go inside, collect the suitecases, back to the RV, carefully pack her items, carry the suit cases back inside, and then "unpack"?

She's ridiculous. A ridiculous person.

6.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    That dress is too small. She bought it, had to size up and but another and it's still too small. Her books are bursting the buttons and the pleats aren't hanging correctly. It's still too small.

7.     +1   Like  

Hoe Wheat Bread
    Hoe Wheat Bread

Group

Status
    She’s way too hung up on sizes. Watching her in too-small clothes makes me feel claustrophobic. I don’t know how she stands it. I used to be tiny, but I became a mom, got older, gained weight, and went up in size. I’m not mad about it or in denial.

8.     Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    As a Christian, I would be mortified bending over in that dress, especially in any wind.
    Attached Image
    Screenshot_20210819-144758~2

9.     +1   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    She looks so uncomfortable, how can she do anything dressed like that. Im all for wearing dresses but Im sorry Nicki you are ridiculous. I was late to watch the camping vlog omg she cannot be serious can she? She really lives in a fantasy world.

10.     +1   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    Some of her dresses are nice, but that striped dress looked dowdy on her. And it was pulling across the bust (the buttons looked like they were about to burst), and the back was clinging so tight you can see the outline of her bra. She said that the dress is cotton so it will probably shrink. I thought that the coat that she showed in another video was too tight, too.

She's young, so she can get away with prancing around in the ballet flats, but that can't be good for her feet with so little support.

11.     +3   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I've watched Nikki off and on for a while now, I'm glad there's a thread for her!

I like how cohesive and consistent her style and aesthetic are, BUT as others have mentioned she does seem rigid, controlling, and robotic.

I also agree that she's very cold towards her children. Especially in some of the 2017/18 videos, you can hear her snap at them. And how sad that they're cramped in that tiny house! Three tween/teen girls in one room - goodness. Especially when things could be rearranged to give everyone more space. I've been meaning to go through her old vlogs and watch the one where she talks about why they moved into that house.

In her "Fall Decorate with Me" video she talks about wanting to paint that lingerie chest. No! It's a lovely piece of furniture and she's already over it. I remember how enamored she was when she first got it a few months ago. Now she's letting Jorge use it for his things. Well at least he'll have another place to put his clothes. The way she rearranged the furniture in their bedroom is really off-putting - it looked a lot better before. She'll probably switch it back before the year ends.

One last thing - those bookmarks in her Etsy shop - $20 for a bookmark?! Good lord! They're not even full size! According to reviews she sends a few freebies with them but still, that seems high.

Okay, rant over! 😃

12.     +5   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Did anyone see her re-do this week of the girls' bedroom? She bought 3 giant loft beds with desks below; one bed on each wall and one of the beds completely and totally blocks off the only window in the room. So no fresh air, no sunlight and no way to escape in an emergency, such as a fire. Also no access for firemen to get in for rescue. Seems like that would be a code violation of some sort.

13.     +3   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    Yes! The room is so claustrophobic now, ugh.

I think it would've been better if she got a bunk bed and let the oldest girl have a regular bed. Or even just left it the way it was. Their bedroom is going to look so cluttered, closed in, and dark with the window covered. Especially if Nikki adds all those curtains she was talking about.

The potential fire hazard came to my mind as well.

I feel so bad for those girls, three of them cramped in a room like that and they're all getting older and would probably like their own space. I get that siblings often share rooms and it can work well, but in this case that room is just too tiny with all these new beds.

14.     +1   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Confetti Funfetti @ 10/16/2021, 12:56 AM) 
    Yes! The room is so claustrophobic now, ugh.

I think it would've been better if she got a bunk bed and let the oldest girl have a regular bed. Or even just left it the way it was. Their bedroom is going to look so cluttered, closed in, and dark with the window covered. Especially if Nikki adds all those curtains she was talking about.

The potential fire hazard came to my mind as well.

I feel so bad for those girls, three of them cramped in a room like that and they're all getting older and would probably like their own space. I get that siblings often share rooms and it can work well, but in this case that room is just too tiny with all these new beds.

I think the room will look ugly with those beds. She did say that the beds will give the girls privacy when they are laying in them (sleeping, reading, using an ipad, etc).

The room is too small for three girls. I shared a bedroom with my sister but it was a large room and there was the two of us, not three. I think three kids in a room is too much.

Nikki has a beautiful office that could be used for a fourth bedroom, but I guess she is not willing to give it up. I do understand that she is running a business so she needs the space. Maybe Jorge could enclose the back porch and she could use that for an office.

I do think her house is lovely. And I know that they done a lot of work on it.

15.     +1   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    Those beds will be gone before November. She said she hates loft beds. So why buy them?

245 replies since 18/6/2021, 20:44   63806 views