Inspired by Nikki

« Older   Newer »

1.     Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (YummyMummy @ 11/11/2021, 02:41 PM) 
    Did anyone like the Christmas Home video? It was very pretty but seemed rushed, staged and fake. Not to mention it looked hot in Vegas (and apparently was when my husband was working there last week). I had sweat beads rolling down my back looking at that fire and hot chocolate with reddi whip from the can no less.

I haven't watched yet....it's too darn early for Christmas videos.

2.     +1   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (YummyMummy @ 11/11/2021, 14:41) 
    Did anyone like the Christmas Home video? It was very pretty but seemed rushed, staged and fake. Not to mention it looked hot in Vegas (and apparently was when my husband was working there last week). I had sweat beads rolling down my back looking at that fire and hot chocolate with reddi whip from the can no less.

I'm confused. Christmas is a mass, an act of worship. She has expressed that she doesn't celebrate it as Christ's birthday, uh ok. It makes no sense. So just for fun she decorates, gets a tree, hangs up lights, and opens gifts? Wth are the gifts for? It's so stupid. I would feel so stupid if I said I didn't celebrate Halloween and dressed up in a costume, decorated my home, and passed out candy. I would feel like a hypocrite because I'm still participating.

3.     +2   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (TruthHurts @ 11/11/2021, 11:49 AM) 
    QUOTE (YummyMummy @ 11/11/2021, 14:41) 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=urE_-OEr57U I'm confused. Christmas is a mass, an act of worship. She has expressed that she doesn't celebrate it as Christ's birthday, uh ok. It makes no sense. So just for fun she decorates, gets a tree, hangs up lights, and opens gifts? Wth are the gifts for? It's so stupid. I would feel so stupid if I said I didn't celebrate Halloween and dressed up in a costume, decorated my home, and passed out candy. I would feel like a hypocrite because I'm still participating.

I believe that they are a religious family, so it must be part of whatever Protestant church they belong to that they don't recognize Christmas as the
    birth of Christ. They probably still believe in "Peace on earth, goodwill towards men". In the U.S., there are plenty of people who celebrate Christmas as a secular holiday.

4.     Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Bye Bye Baby @ 12/11/2021, 03:58) 
    QUOTE (TruthHurts @ 11/11/2021, 11:49 AM) 
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=urE_-OEr57U I'm confused. Christmas is a mass, an act of worship. She has expressed that she doesn't celebrate it as Christ's birthday, uh ok. It makes no sense. So just for fun she decorates, gets a tree, hangs up lights, and opens gifts? Wth are the gifts for? It's so stupid. I would feel so stupid if I said I didn't celebrate Halloween and dressed up in a costume, decorated my home, and passed out candy. I would feel like a hypocrite because I'm still participating.

I believe that they are a religious family, so it must be part of whatever Protestant church they belong to that they don't recognize Christmas as the
    birth of Christ. They probably still believe in "Peace on earth, goodwill towards men". In the U.S., there are plenty of people who celebrate Christmas as a secular holiday.

She doesn't act like a woman that worships the Lord is described in the bible. Doesn't the bible say a woman should be shamefacedly? I hope she doesn't dance like that at church and who is she so desperately seeking attention from with those tight coats that show her curves? Maybe she's trying to seduce the preacher! You can tell she is a major narcissist and is hungry for attention and compliments.

5.     +2   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    I found this article:

Christians who don't celebrate Christmas

Millions of Christians do not observe Christmas. Among them are Quakers, Jehovah's Witnesses, and members of the Churches of Christ.

Some of the half-dozen Christian faiths that do no celebrate Dec. 25 contend there is nothing in the Bible that says Christ was born on that day.

"Reasons range from the belief that 'every day is a holy day,' as promoted by some Quakers, to a desire to observe those days the Bible emphasizes, such as the Old Testament holy days, while others, such as Jehovah's Witnesses, suggest any birthday, even that of Jesus, shouldn't be celebrated," writes Mark A Kellner for the Desert News.

Among the largest group of Christmas-shunners are the Jehovah's Witnesses, which number close to 2 million in the United States, Kellner writes. The group once observed Dec. 25, but dropped the observance in 1928.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/o...41215-post.html

I do think it's strange that she adheres to this part of her religion so strictly, yet dances around like she is trying to be a sexpot. The coats are all too tight and are pulling at the buttons and seams.

6.     +3   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    Most of Nikki's coats look cheap and costume-y, like they're poorly made and would fall apart after a season.

She says she's glad she doesn't feel "drown-ded" in these coats but I would say they're too much the other way - far too tight. They look like they're really uncomfortable.

I laughed again at the instant replay of her entire fashion show at the end of the video :snickering: She's been doing that in all her wardrobe videos. Just seems really attention seeking.

Also that many coats seems excessive!

7.     +3   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Confetti Funfetti @ 11/23/2021, 04:18 AM) 
    She says she's glad she doesn't feel "drown-ded" in these coats but I would say they're too much the other way - far too tight. They look like they're really uncomfortable.

I laughed at that "drown-ded". At the beginning of the video, she said "drown-ding".

8.     +1   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Bye Bye Baby @ 23/11/2021, 06:27) 
    I found this article:

Christians who don't celebrate Christmas

Millions of Christians do not observe Christmas. Among them are Quakers, Jehovah's Witnesses, and members of the Churches of Christ.

Some of the half-dozen Christian faiths that do no celebrate Dec. 25 contend there is nothing in the Bible that says Christ was born on that day.

"Reasons range from the belief that 'every day is a holy day,' as promoted by some Quakers, to a desire to observe those days the Bible emphasizes, such as the Old Testament holy days, while others, such as Jehovah's Witnesses, suggest any birthday, even that of Jesus, shouldn't be celebrated," writes Mark A Kellner for the Desert News.

Among the largest group of Christmas-shunners are the Jehovah's Witnesses, which number close to 2 million in the United States, Kellner writes. The group once observed Dec. 25, but dropped the observance in 1928.

www.orlandosentinel.com/features/o...41215-post.html

I do think it's strange that she adheres to this part of her religion so strictly, yet dances around like she is trying to be a sexpot. The coats are all too tight and are pulling at the buttons and seams.

I'm sure millions of Americans don't observe Christmas as Christ's birthday and there's nothing wrong with that. There is no commandment to celebrate it. I'm sure those millions of people also don't go out and buy Christmas decor, Christmas lights, Christmas trees, Christmas gifts, and say "Merry Christmas" and if they do, they are hypocrites. I stand by my comments and make no apologies and if you or anybody else disagrees we can agree to disagree. I'm not here to defend Nikki or kiss her nonexistent booty.

9.     +3   Like  

Sugar Coma
    Sugar Coma

Group

Status
    QUOTE (Confetti Funfetti @ 11/23/2021, 10:18 AM) 
    Most of Nikki's coats look cheap and costume-y, like they're poorly made and would fall apart after a season.

I laughed again at the instant replay of her entire fashion show at the end of the video :snickering: She's been doing that in all her wardrobe videos. Just seems really attention seeking.

Also that many coats seems excessive!

I thought the same thing; they look very cheap and not well made. She should invest in one or two really good quality coats and keep them for years.

10.     +2   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    The coats certainly do look like costumes. I think they are from one of those online “retro” stores. She should have pressed them first as they were very wrinkled, not too mention poorly fitting.
    The dance moves….I was almost expecting her to walk like an Egyptian or start vogueing or doing the funky chicken…yikes

11.     +3   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    Anonymous
    Looks like Nikki "suddenly" found the Gossip Bakery thread on her and she isn't happy. *eye roll*
    That blue dress ORIGINAL watercolor painting she did was up in her Etsy shop for FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS at first!!! Now it's been reduced (lol) to TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS. I'm sorry, but no. I wouldn't pay for a painting that size by an ESTABLISHED ARTIST.
    Don't think we'll ever get an update on the girls' room now :XD:

12.     +4   Like  

Spinach Square
    Spinach Square

Group

Status
    QUOTE (FoFoFoney @ 12/3/2021, 05:31 PM) 
    Looks like Nikki "suddenly" found the Gossip Bakery thread on her and she isn't happy. *eye roll*
    That blue dress ORIGINAL watercolor painting she did was up in her Etsy shop for FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS at first!!! Now it's been reduced (lol) to TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS. I'm sorry, but no. I wouldn't pay for a painting that size by an ESTABLISHED ARTIST.
    Don't think we'll ever get an update on the girls' room now :XD:

After your post, I HAD to check this out myself. I can't believe it! $250 for a simple watercolor of a dress! Is she crazy? In one of her videos, she talked about learning to watercolor from a friend or relative. She said that they taught her a few basic brush strokes of how to make a flower painting and she was on her way. All of her paintings are very simple and basic.

Two years ago, I bought a watercolor of English cottages by Lesley Holmes for $150. She illustrated one of James Herriott's dog books. (James Herriott is the author of the book "All Creatures Great and Small.") I can tell you that there is no comparison between the quality of the watercolor that I bought and Nikki's art.

13.     +3   Like  

Muffin Warfare Survivor
    Muffin Warfare Survivor

Group

Status
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the $500 (and now reduced to $250) painting she listed in her Etsy shop :XD:

I was shocked! It doesn't even come with a frame. Good lord.

All of her paintings are very simple and basic

^^THIS. Her art is decent, charming in its own way, nowhere near the level of a professional artist. She'd do better to stick to stationery and bookmarks. Plus that watercolor floral look is so overdone right now, I see it everywhere.

I got a good chuckle from her addressing the haters in her video intro. I'm surprised she hasn't alluded to us more often.

14.     +1   Like  

Donut Crawl
    Donut Crawl

Group

Status
    I agree that her artwork is pretty and charming in its own way. The people purchasing it are doing so because they like her and want to support her. Everything in her store is extremely expensive, but if people want to pay that then more power to her.
    She should have priced the painting at $75 and done two more ($75 each) of a yellow and pink dress. They would have sold just like that.

15.     +1   Like  

Marnie's Cookie Jar
    Marnie's Cookie Jar

Group

Status
    Something about that blue dress floating there with a hanger is creeping me out.

245 replies since 18/6/2021, 20:44   63897 views